PDA

View Full Version : Montrail Hardrock 2009

mark schofield
05-22-2009, 09:18
Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with the 2009 Hardrocks as compared to the 2008 version. I had really good luck with fit and comfort with the 2008 version last summer and should have bought another pair. I know different people have different needs and preferences, but if the 2009s are similar in fit, comfort, weight load ability (I'm about 200 lbs and carry 25 lbs), I'd like to go with them. Otherwise I'll shop around. Thanks, Mark S.

Old Grouse
05-22-2009, 10:28
Mark, I'm about the same weight as you with a similar load. I love my 2008 Hardrocks - just enough sole stiffness and support in the "ankle cup" (if that's the term), but light weight and comfy all day. I wouldn't choose them for a trip to Lenny & Joes, but they're great out on the trail.

OG

steffi
08-16-2009, 20:48
Bad for me ... Bought a pair a week ago and developed a blister on the top of my right most pinkie whilst vacationing in Hawaii. Had to buy a pair of EE Asics GEL 1140's to salvage the rest of my vacation. Simply couldn't walk any more in the Hardrock. To top it off my merchant wouldn't give me a refund but only a store credit for the shoe and I tried Salomon and others and none of them fit me right. With the 06 Hardrock I never needed a 10.5 (normally 10) or EE size.

Mark, I'm about the same weight as you with a similar load. I love my 2008 Hardrocks - just enough sole stiffness and support in the "ankle cup" (if that's the term), but light weight and comfy all day. I wouldn't choose them for a trip to Lenny & Joes, but they're great out on the trail.

OG

scooterdogma
08-21-2009, 07:48
Bought my 1st pair this year. They were snug in the heel and kept my foot from wandering. I did have to break them in around the house, my pinky toe developed a red spot, taped up the toe, and continued wearing them. Took about a week to soften up the toebox. There is a seam in the toebox that takes some foot warming to soften up, after the break-in period the toebox is fine.

The fit was good, partner used to sell running shoes in college, shoes were checked out by my personal shoe expert :). Love the shoes, great to hike around the smokies and red river gorge (uneven rocky trails) with a <25lb pack.

I plan to buy two more pairs and break them in and have them ready to go. Hope this was helpful, safe travels.

robb
09-21-2009, 19:08
Full TPU shank, sweet in my book!