PDA

View Full Version : Duofold base layer question

grrickar
06-21-2004, 22:00
I have a question about Duofold base layers in particular. I picked up two short sleeve and one long sleeve "varitherm" shirt from Campmor fairly cheap. I purchased XXL garments since I am a fairly large guy, but when I got the order and tried one of the shirts on the sleeves are a bit loose, not too bad but the shirt itself is not form-fitting. Is that the way it should be? The reason I ask is that some 'moisture wicking' clothes that I bought for cycling were skin tight all over; presumably to wick the moisture away. I'm just wondering if I need to exchange these for XLs instead of XXLs.

BTW, this stuff is really cheap at Campmor! If it is any count then some deals are to be had there.

MOWGLI
06-21-2004, 23:37
I have a question about Duofold base layers in particular. I picked up two short sleeve and one long sleeve "varitherm" shirt from Campmor fairly cheap. I purchased XXL garments since I am a fairly large guy, but when I got the order and tried one of the shirts on the sleeves are a bit loose, not too bad but the shirt itself is not form-fitting. Is that the way it should be? The reason I ask is that some 'moisture wicking' clothes that I bought for cycling were skin tight all over; presumably to wick the moisture away. I'm just wondering if I need to exchange these for XLs instead of XXLs.

BTW, this stuff is really cheap at Campmor! If it is any count then some deals are to be had there.

My duofold shirts are not skin tight, and they work just fine. Personally, I don't like skin tight clothing however. YMMV

Yeah, Campmor is the place! I used to live 45 minutes from their store in Paramus, NJ. I bought a good bit of my gear there.