PDA

View Full Version : RPH 2009 set for July 10,11,12

bascomgrillmaster
05-23-2009, 21:09
:sunOnce again for the ninth year in a row RPH Cabin Volunteers will be restoring the Appalachian Trail on July 10,11,12 2009. (Rain or shine) Projects in the past have included a 25 foot bridge in 07, Numerous water bars, 200 feet of stone and lumber walk way, Designed and constructed the out house to beat all other out houses in 05, Plus many other less intensive projects over the last nine years.

This years projects are no less ambitious. Our line up is as follows: Repair a section of raised trail bed, Install two new ten foot water bars, Reconstruct a section of stone steps, Repaint the throne, Clear out the water bars close to the Cabin. Plus any other trail repair that needs to be done.

FOOD: We feed YOU! We serve Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner all three days. No one goes away hungry, (Vegetarians included) Mike the HEAD COOK sees to that.

Donations of food, ice and building materials would be helpful this year. To get involved with this years great projects Please contact,

Tim: [email protected] for more info | http://timtrek.mikentim.com
(845)-297-9573

sasquatch2014
05-24-2009, 08:20
You can count me in for at least one if not more of the days. I will be coming over from the Pawling area so any hikers on trail who over shoot but still want to go back for the fun and food just get in touch with me and I will find a way to pick you up and get you there.

bascomgrillmaster
05-26-2009, 23:06
HI Sasquatch,
Thanks see you in July.
Bascom

Manwich
06-05-2009, 14:32
Email Sent for Participation. Bumping thread for shameless promotion.

sasquatch2014
06-26-2009, 07:10
So anyone one else on WB planning on going? I would love to meet some fellow WB folks during this as well. Not sure if I can make all the days but will try to get to a few.

Tin Man
06-26-2009, 07:33
I would like to make one of these, but I will be hiking... in NH :)

LIhikers
06-26-2009, 18:30
So anyone one else on WB planning on going? I would love to meet some fellow WB folks during this as well. Not sure if I can make all the days but will try to get to a few.

I expect that my wife and me will go up Saturday after I'm done with work and will stay all day Sunday. Look for the grey haired couple in their late 50s with a Tarptent Rainshadow tent.

Manwich
07-01-2009, 17:08

I'll be out there.

Bump.

sasquatch2014
07-08-2009, 09:32
Saw Tim last night has a good line up of work projects so make sure to come out if you can make it. The food will be awesome as always. Bring any non-power tools you have but make sure you put your name on them so they don't get lost.