PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Girl? Turtle? John Nascar?

Monkeywrench
05-25-2009, 13:12
Has anyone seen any of these hikers, or know if they are still on the trail? These are some of the folks I hiked with back in Georgia but have lost contact with since I was hiking a bit faster than they were.

I am off the trail for a week or so (birth of a new grandson), and now I am wondering if I may run into them again.

Monkeywrench

tenbeer
05-25-2009, 16:37
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Destination: Pinefield Hut
Starting Location: Blackrock Hut
Today's Miles: 13.20
Trip Miles: 885.50
Since I had only planned to hike 13 miles today, I took my time eating breakfast and packing up. Yoni Bear, Spitfire, No Toys, and John Nascar had planned on hiking a little bit farther today so they left before me. I am planning on a longer day tomorrow so I'll probably see them all again tomorrow night.
This is from a trail journal I had read. shenandoah natl park.

Buzz_Lightfoot
05-25-2009, 16:43
Lol, sorry I had to reply although I do not know the answer to your question. I had read the title as "Jersey Girl? Turtle? Join Nascar?" and was wondering if this was the start if a high-speed thru-hiking cult. :)

BL

Monkeywrench
05-25-2009, 17:33
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Destination: Pinefield Hut
Starting Location: Blackrock Hut
Today's Miles: 13.20
Trip Miles: 885.50
Since I had only planned to hike 13 miles today, I took my time eating breakfast and packing up. Yoni Bear, Spitfire, No Toys, and John Nascar had planned on hiking a little bit farther today so they left before me. I am planning on a longer day tomorrow so I'll probably see them all again tomorrow night.This is from a trail journal I had read. shenandoah natl park.

Wow!. I knew Spitfire and No Toyz were ahead of me. I had no idea John Nascar was. Last time I saw him was the day I went into Hiawassee, Georgia, and at that time I was moving quite a bit faster than he was. Unless there are two John Nascars out on the trail, he certainly has got his trail legs under him!

Sly
05-25-2009, 18:16
I believe I met Jersey Girl at Trimpi Shelter last Friday.

Nean
05-25-2009, 18:55
Wow!. I knew Spitfire and No Toyz were ahead of me. I had no idea John Nascar was. Last time I saw him was the day I went into Hiawassee, Georgia, and at that time I was moving quite a bit faster than he was. Unless there are two John Nascars out on the trail, he certainly has got his trail legs under him!
I've met hikers that could go up to 75mph! :D

Peanut
05-25-2009, 19:44
I left Jersey Girl in Atkins last week...she didn't finish her pancakes and bacon and stuff, and the vultures that she was with swept in for the kill :)

Monkeywrench
05-25-2009, 20:07
I left Jersey Girl in Atkins last week...she didn't finish her pancakes and bacon and stuff, and the vultures that she was with swept in for the kill :)

What kind of thru-hiker doesn't finish her pancakes and bacon? Hmm. Methinks Jersey Girl isn't hiking hard enough. :-?

Well, I was hoping she might be caught up to me when I get back on the trail next weekend, 20 miles or so south of Rockfish Gap, but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case.

I hope Jersey Girl is having a great hike!

As for vultures sweeping in for the kill, I remember well the first time I devoured some strangers left-overs out on the trail. I was stunned when I realized what I was doing, but I didn't stop eating!

steve43
06-22-2009, 07:54
saw jersey girl south of dragon's tooth around 6/14 or 6/15

fifo