PDA

View Full Version : 2-3 week parking at Damascus?

kevin
06-22-2004, 14:31
I'm considering doing a 2-3 week section starting at Damascus and heading north starting sometime in the first week of July. If I do this, I will have someone meet me for some day hiking on the last few days and will be able to get a ride back to Damascus, so I was thinking of leaving my car there. Are there any good places for parking a car for 2-3 weeks at Damascus?

Lone Wolf
06-22-2004, 17:42
There is a free parking area for hikers, etc. at the south end of the town park.

SGT Rock
06-22-2004, 17:47
Just loan your car to L.Wolf

Pencil Pusher
06-22-2004, 18:35
Check out http://www.greyhound.com I entered a 7/12 departure from Poplar Bluff, MO, (southern Missouri) to Abingdon, VA, (14 miles from Damascus) with a 7/28 return date and the price is $118 for a seven day advance ticket purchase. Even for Seattle to Bangor, Maine, or Atlanta, GA, it's $119 one way and just as fast (if not faster) than driving a car. Plus, that's even cheaper than the gas alone. Buy two one-way tickets and then you don't have to worry about returning to Damascus after your section hike, nor where to leave your car or the security of it while you're away.

Greyhound is the way to go. Sometimes the ATF dudes like to bring their dogs to smell everyone as they leave the bus... something about 'interstate commerce'.

kevin
06-23-2004, 13:07
Appreciate the feedback. I want to avoid the bus, because I might need the car for a bit at the end to set up some day hikes with the folks (with a start and end car).