PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to put this

Sancap
05-27-2009, 02:32
Anyone around the panhandle area of Florida Tally mostly if so pm me please have some questions about prepairing and things

Hikes in Rain
05-27-2009, 05:30
I'm in Tally. How can I help?

Sancap
05-27-2009, 16:57
Are there any other stores in the panhandle area besides Trail and Ski because right no it looks like either there or online for buying my gear. I love the service at Trail and Ski but would also like to see some more gear in person. Also are there any good weekend hikes around the area have only been finding 2-10 mile hikes

Hikes in Rain
05-30-2009, 07:38
Trail and Ski is all I know of. Well, Walmart, but while they're good for some things, they're not really outfitters. Sorta on topic, sure wish we had something other than Publix for food!

As for weekend hikes, the Florida Trail crosses St. Marks just below Tallahassee, and crosses the Apalachicola Forest and Tate's Hell to the southwest. We're doing a lot of restoration work in Tate's.

Starting to get too darned hot and thunderstormy now for Florida hiking. *sigh* Time for another trip to the mountains.

Summit
05-30-2009, 07:52
I was born and raised in Tallahassee but live in Durham, NC now. The AT in N. Ga isn't that far away and you must put the Foothills Trail (corner of SC, NC, GA) on your to do list. It offers some awesome hiking with many beautiful waterfalls.

Hikes in Rain
05-30-2009, 08:01
I've hiked all of the Georgia AT, but not the Foothills trail (yet). It's always a judgment call when I get my rare hiking vacation: Continuing to section the AT, or something new like the Foothills.

Maybe I should just move up that way! Hey, my Georgia Professional Engineer's license is current. :-?