PDA

View Full Version : Campmor

Speakeasy
05-27-2009, 08:02
Hi - Is anyone else havin trouble accessing items on this site? And by the way, I HATE their new layout:mad:

Speakeasy

boarstone
05-27-2009, 08:30
I did at first, try refreshing your web page, especially if your using a LCD screen over 14".

Engine
05-27-2009, 08:32
Lots of negative comments about the site in the past couple of months. It is NOT user friendly.

boarstone
05-27-2009, 08:36
may I suggest any customer w/and issue, e-mail or call Campmor and let them know! I do on a weekly basis and anyone who does order or manages to get an order...bizrate.com is a good place to leave shopping experiences with about internet company's.

medicjimr
05-27-2009, 08:54
ya every time I mention it to them they Campmor are iritated. And I am told just to call the order in. So I don't bother.

Blissful
05-27-2009, 10:16
Yes, it stinks. It wouldn't recognize my name and password either. Many of their items don't come up on a search. I ordered as a guest and did okay. But they still have great stuff at good prices, if you can find it.

Blissful
05-27-2009, 10:19
may I suggest any customer w/and issue, e-mail or call Campmor and let them know!

Yes I did that and the gal said they were working on it. A few weeks ago. Then I asked again when it still wouldn't recognize my info and the chat area died. :(
No doubt they are losing business. Shame.

garlic08
05-27-2009, 10:26
I just placed an order and everything worked fine for me. It recognized my old ID. I even had to sign off in the middle of my order, and when I came back the site had remembered my cart and everything was there. I was pretty happy about that. This was my first order in nearly a year, so maybe I missed some issues.

Blissful
05-27-2009, 10:29
I just placed an order and everything worked fine for me. It recognized my old ID. I even had to sign off in the middle of my order, and when I came back the site had remembered my cart and everything was there. I was pretty happy about that. This was my first order in nearly a year, so maybe I missed some issues.

Glory be, maybe it's fixed now.

:banana

I still ordered $100 worth of stuff anyway, so I wasn't going to let it stop me anyway.

sam4msu
05-27-2009, 13:42
I ordered just a few days ago and had no problems. That being said, it was just a few days ago so it has not arrived yet...E-mail says it shipped yesterday.

Alli
05-27-2009, 14:47
The site does not work for me very well at all on Firefox, but everything looks good in Safari. Try another browser.

Buzz_Lightfoot
05-27-2009, 15:17
I just ordered a bunch of freeze-dried food. It didn't remember my old ID either. I found it hard to find what I was looking for and the site was very sluggish. Looks like they contracted someone to update their site and they were a poor choice. I am sure that they do not WANT it to be this way. I have had great luck from them over the years and am willing to overlook this. Let's hope they get it corrected quickly.

BL

MoBill122
05-27-2009, 15:30
I just went to site... and had no trouble at all ordering an item... viewing previous orders, etc... Windows XPPro... on DSL. Looked just fine to me.

Speakeasy
05-27-2009, 15:38
Well...I have Windows Vista. I'll leave it at that. Anyway, I like them because they ship so fast. I only posted the thread because I though it might be me....

Speakeasy

mweinstone
05-27-2009, 15:41
an esteemed hiker whiteblazer will be home from work soon,........................AT CAMPMORE! and will be on line i predickt to lame you all.tisk tisk. shame on the hiker who disdanes the mores. ahh the moores. me youth on the moores were a fine thine. campmoore is us. dont ever speak against the king of cheep gear. maby you grew up swadeled in gor. well . some us aint so lucky and was born into this hikerdom in nothing but polyurethane coated crap from a cataloge made out of ink so cheap,...a sienfeild episode was based on it. thats another story. the point is, this worker, who will be home frome campmoore to kick ass soon ,...may or may not exist. its not the existing thats the point here. we need campmoore. alot. i love you campmoore.

mweinstone
05-27-2009, 15:44
witch is hotter, a trailer park babe dressed in campmoore hitchin on a lonely road,....or a black diamond patagoniac chick stepping into a limo on 5th ave? trailer park!

SmokyMtn Hiker
05-27-2009, 15:59
I have not ordered from them since the new look on the website, but it defintely takes a little getting used to navigating around after years of the old site. I have ordered from them many times in the past though with no problems.

The Snowman
05-27-2009, 19:08
the new web site is just one more reason to make the road trip to NJ.

Speakeasy
05-27-2009, 20:06
Hey - I'm all for campor. Order and receive item within 36 hours. Can't beat the prices. BUT, if I can't utilize the site them I'm not a happy camper. And, while I have everyones attention, anyone know where I can get a cheap bottle holster for my very cool Deuter pack that has tiny unreachable side mesh pockets??

Thanks!

S

Toolshed
05-27-2009, 20:22
I have tried on at least 4 different occasions in the last 4-5 weeks to order off their new website. I was successful once, but even then I had to call Customer Service to make sure the system did indeed have my order (She said to log back in later to see if it showed up).
Annoyed?? Absolutely. I have spent many years and many dollars there. The frustration with the site was simply too much and I didn't really care to call my order in. I ended up buying from REI.com 3 times and EMS.com once when I had problems at Campmor.. It will be quite a while before I go back.

I think they were pretty lame to put a new system in pace with so many bugs.

Two Tents
05-27-2009, 20:31
I ordered two different times in the last two weeks. I got my order ok but they were slow on the e-mail conformation that my order was shipped. I will still go thru their site to get more. I'm sure they are working on it.

Speakeasy
05-27-2009, 20:47
good point

amac
05-27-2009, 20:48
I started this a little while ago: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49481

Speakeasy
05-27-2009, 21:33
Those are all very valids points. I only recently started shopping at Campmor and have been very pleased. It's only over the last few days that I have been having problems (getting a generic error message). I hadn't realized that there have been some ongoing problems. I only started the thread to see if anyone else was having problems, I didn't mean to turn it into bash session. Oops!

Skyline
05-27-2009, 21:59
I just call my order in. It's actually easier and faster. The internet's not always what it's cracked up to be.

Speakeasy
05-28-2009, 19:40
I am happy (and a little embarassed) to report I'm having no further problems. It appears as though it was a problem with my computer... I do think they have the best prices and the fastest shipping than any other outfitter I have used.

Speakeasy

Campmor
06-08-2009, 10:13
To all,

I am a representative from Campmor Inc. I have been with the company for the better part of 10 years. Through searching the internet for my own personal interests I stumbled upon these threads and thought I could take a moment to address some of your concerns.

I have read through each and every one of your posts and truly can understand your frustrations. We are working on all of these issues 24/7 and have made a substantial amount of headway; however we know how frustrating this all can be.

The major goal with our new website re-design is to provide you with a better shopping experience and aid in our continued excellent customer service. We have worked out a lot of the MAJOR issues with the site however everyday we are fine tuning every little thing to make your shopping experience better! We continue to add in related products to every product as well as adjusting the left navigational filters to make them flow a lot better and provide an easy shopping experience for the starting outdoors enthusiast to the most advanced. There are a lot of other things like product specifications that we continue to work on daily to make the shopping experience exceed all of your expectations.

Some people have mentioned experiencing shipping issues in particular issues with entering zip-codes. This issue has been and still is our top priority and hopes are to have this fully resolved very soon.

Campmor has given its customers over 30 years of exceptional service and it is our goal to continue this. We highly encourage ALL of you to attempt to make your purchase online however in the event that you are not able to place your order online we have a call center anxiously awaiting your phone calls to help you get everything you need in a quick and efficient manner.

Our call center staff is very knowledgeable and in most cases will be able to assist you with any questions you have. Our Customer Service Department is comprised of many camping/hiking/outdoor enthusiasts who generally have a lot of hands on time with all of our gear. If you should have any questions once again I am sure that they will be able to help.

Campmor Inc
1-800-226-7667
[email protected]

Skyline
06-08-2009, 11:31
It's good that someone from Campmor (probably) responded to this thread, even if he or she did not give a contact name.

It must be frustrating, and embarrasing, for a company with a previously stellar reputation in our community to be experiencing so many technological issues. They must be eating into Campmor's bottom line. Why it is taking so long to resolve these issues is a mystery. This thread began on April 23. Another thread began even earlier.

Campmor
06-08-2009, 11:40
It's good that someone from Campmor (probably) responded to this thread, even if he or she did not give a contact name.

It must be frustrating, and embarrasing, for a company with a previously stellar reputation in our community to be experiencing so many technological issues. They must be eating into Campmor's bottom line. Why it is taking so long to resolve these issues is a mystery. This thread began on April 23. Another thread began even earlier.

Skyline,

If you would like to verify my validity to working for Campmor Inc. Please PM me I will provide you with direct Contact information!

I do not need my work email or phone published out on the web for all to see.

Regards
Nick
Campmor Inc.

brooklynkayak
06-08-2009, 13:09
may I suggest any customer w/and issue, e-mail or call Campmor and let them know! I do on a weekly basis and anyone who does order or manages to get an order...bizrate.com is a good place to leave shopping experiences with about internet company's.

Don't bother, I have sent several messages and they are just being ignored.
I gave up trying to place orders and found what I needed elsewhere:mad:

Campmor
06-08-2009, 13:23
Don't bother, I have sent several messages and they are just being ignored.
I gave up trying to place orders and found what I needed elsewhere:mad:

Brooklynkayak,

Please PM me with your contact information and your questions or concerns I will have the Customer Service Manager Contact you directly.

If anyone else would like to do the same Please PM me with your contact information and I will pass the information on as well.

Campmor Inc.
Nick

gregp
06-08-2009, 20:09
I called Campmore directly to find out if a seedhouse 1 sl footprint would fit my seedhouse tent. I did not get a direct answer from anyone and was transfured twice.

I wound up calling Big Agnes directly and found out that the two tents were comparable and that the lighter footprint would work.

That being said, Campmore is an excellent source for gear and my experience is probably not the norm.

double d
06-08-2009, 20:19
Campmor is outstanding, I've never had a problem with them in the 20 years or so I have been ordering gear from them. Why not just get the order information from their webpage and phone in the order the next day? They will usually mail out the order the next day. I recently ordered (this past March) their very own 20 degree sleeping bag and got it within a few days.

garlic08
06-08-2009, 20:22
I remain pleased with Campmor. After I placed my last order with zero problems via the website, I called a couple of hours later trying to add one more small item. My order had already been processed, but they offered to ship the one item (a $2.99 snow stake/latrine tool) in a separate order and they'd waive the shipping fee. That was uncalled-for excellent service to correct my own mistake, and I greatly appreciated it.

Toolshed
06-08-2009, 21:13
OK, OK.... I am not so grumpy tonight., I ended up going back to Campmor Website last week and ordered a few items. It took me 3, maybe 4 times of re-opening websites and re-logging in to complete the order, but I am happy to say that with diligence and about 25 minutes worth of work, I was able to order several items....

Skyline
06-08-2009, 21:51
OK, OK.... I am not so grumpy tonight., I ended up going back to Campmor Website last week and ordered a few items. It took me 3, maybe 4 times of re-opening websites and re-logging in to complete the order, but I am happy to say that with diligence and about 25 minutes worth of work, I was able to order several items....

You should not have to work so hard for the privilege of forking over money to someone else.

double d
06-09-2009, 00:30
Skyline, while I like your logic, I have to say that webpage technology is still relatively new, so paying money for new gear from a great company is an even exchange if ordering online from the comfort of your own home. It beats driving to the store, looking around and moving around other people, waiting in the check out line, etc.

Skyline
06-09-2009, 09:41
Skyline, while I like your logic, I have to say that webpage technology is still relatively new, so paying money for new gear from a great company is an even exchange if ordering online from the comfort of your own home. It beats driving to the store, looking around and moving around other people, waiting in the check out line, etc.

Just saying I find it easier to use the catalog I get in the mail, and order by phone...and I've tried both their old and new websites.

Campmor's phone order takers have always been competent and easy to deal with. Fast and efficient. While I prefer to support local brick-and-mortar outfitters for as many purchases as possible, I have and will continue to order certain items from Campmor (probably by phone unless they screw that up too). Website woes notwithstanding, it is a pretty good company.

The fact that Campmor had a better website that wasn't broken, but they had to go and "fix" it anyway, shows a real bungle on the part of management and/or some incompetency in their IT department...especially since it's taking so long to fix. Many companies out there have e-commerce websites that are fully functional, fast, and a pleasure to use. Amazon.com and others large and small come to mind. The technology may be complex and ever-changing, but others have shown that it need not be daunting.