PDA

View Full Version : Paul from CT I found your camera

nmrolls
05-27-2009, 14:38
I was hiking Harpers Ferry, WV to Penn Mar, PA this weekend and found a camera at the Ed Garvy Shelter. Through many conversations along the trail I was able to positively ID the owner as Paul from CT. Please contact me if you are Paul or you know how to contact him. Please help me return this camera and more importantly all of the hiking pictures on it! Looks like some great trips.

Ridge Rat
05-27-2009, 14:47
I ended up hiking with Paul over the weekend... I dont know if he knew he lost his camera.. or at least he didnt mention it when we were hiking. He got off the trail at PA 16 on monday. I wish I had his #, he is a super cool guy.

barefoot
05-27-2009, 14:47
Can you please find my camera that I lost in the Smokies in November?

nmrolls
05-27-2009, 14:57
Thanks Ridge Rat. Through our many conversations we were told he was getting off the trail at Pen Mar and meeting his son Monday at 3:00. It seemed we were a shelter behind the whole weekend :>( I am hoping someone will know how to find him.

Alligator
05-27-2009, 16:13
Did you by any chance check the memory card for a text or doc file? I placed one on my camera in case it gets lost.

Also, you could maybe upload a photo that might be him if there is one on the camera, maybe confer with Ridge Rat since he knows what he looks like.

nmrolls
05-28-2009, 08:41
Thanks Alligator. I did look for a data or text file on the camera and the two cards that were in the bag. No ID. The lesson for all of us is to label ALL of our stuff!!! Paul, if you are out there I hope we can find you. Great pics of some great hikes and I would hate for you to lose them. Here is what I know, your name is Paul. You hiked Harpers Ferry to PA over Memorial Day weekend. One of the people you talked to on the trail thought you were getting off the trail at Pen Mar at 3 on Monday to meet your son. But, others place you at the Rt. 16 parking lot in PA Monday afternoon. According to those who met you on the trail you don't have a trail name. Based on the photo of you that was on your camera you are a 50 something with a grey beard. You always have a hat on in the pictures and there is short grey hair visible under the hat.

Ridge Rat
05-28-2009, 08:49
Yep that's him. When I left him he was meeting his son at PA 16 at 3 pm. He stayed at Ensign corwell shelter on sunday night. Dahlgren campground saturday. He's about 5'10 grey beard, short grey hair. Lives in CT. Thats all the info I have on him though.

nmrolls
05-28-2009, 09:51
Hey Ridge Rat, did Paul mention if his son lived in the Waynesboro area? I was thinking I could put up a poster at the YMCA and possibly put an ad in the local paper. Let me know if he mentioned it.

Thanks,

nmrolls

Ridge Rat
05-28-2009, 09:54
I think he said he lives near hartford.... but dont quote me. I could be way off. We were talking to a couple of people in Pen mar that were getting off going southbound from CT. They were talking about it but I wasnt paying much attention because I was on a mission for soda

CaseyB
05-28-2009, 10:05
Hey if WB gets no response try contacting the local trail club up around Hartford, maybe they know the guy.

nmrolls
05-28-2009, 10:44
Thanks Casey B. Great idea. Will do.

Lugnut
05-28-2009, 11:03
Put a free ad in A T Journeys

nmrolls
05-29-2009, 08:34
thanks Lugnut, will do. I am going to try to keep this post in the "today's posts" for another couple of days in the hope that Paul hasn't had a chance to be online this week.

sasquatch2014
05-29-2009, 14:32
So is paul off trail or did he just get off temp? If he's still on maybe a not in an upcoming shelter log or trail crossing may help.

Hikerhead
05-29-2009, 15:52
Yep that's him. When I left him he was meeting his son at PA 16 at 3 pm. He stayed at Ensign corwell shelter on sunday night. Dahlgren campground saturday. He's about 5'10 grey beard, short grey hair. Lives in CT. Thats all the info I have on him though.

Call Dahlgren Campground. They should have his home address and phone number I would think.

nmrolls
06-01-2009, 15:03
Just a quick update for all of you who have passed on your encouragment and or tidbits on finding Paul. Wystiria has texted Ridge Rat with some details on Paul, and I am anxiously awaiting an update from either one of them.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Niccole:sun

TJ aka Teej
06-01-2009, 17:47
Just a quick update for all of you who have passed on your encouragment and or tidbits on finding Paul. Wystiria has texted Ridge Rat with some details on Paul, and I am anxiously awaiting an update from either one of them.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Niccole:sun
Don't forget to add a few photos of yourself and some random stuff - it's a camera-found-on-the-trail tradition! :D

wystiria
06-16-2009, 16:53
Hey any luck? I JUST found this thread lol. Anyway I called around in our AMC chapter and haven't had any luck yet. the frustrating thing is his daughter was 2 maybe 3 years behind me in school and we have things in common but I can't seem to find her. *sigh*

World-Wide
06-17-2009, 03:17
Thanks Alligator. I did look for a data or text file on the camera and the two cards that were in the bag. No ID. The lesson for all of us is to label ALL of our stuff!!! Paul, if you are out there I hope we can find you. Great pics of some great hikes and I would hate for you to lose them. Here is what I know, your name is Paul. You hiked Harpers Ferry to PA over Memorial Day weekend. One of the people you talked to on the trail thought you were getting off the trail at Pen Mar at 3 on Monday to meet your son. But, others place you at the Rt. 16 parking lot in PA Monday afternoon. According to those who met you on the trail you don't have a trail name. Based on the photo of you that was on your camera you are a 50 something with a grey beard. You always have a hat on in the pictures and there is short grey hair visible under the hat.
Grey hair, grey beard and always wears a hat? :-? Sounds like his trail name can be "Gandalf the Grey?" W-W
http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:bI7ZFoFuoOuVHM:http://www.gameweb.gr/lordoftherings/photos/images/gandalf.jpg (http://www.gameweb.gr/lordoftherings/photos/images/gandalf.jpg)

nmrolls
06-17-2009, 09:03
Hey Wysteria,

I called the gym in CT that you said the daughter worked at. They thought it might be Amy, but that she didn't work there anymore. Can you send me a private message with her name. It would give me another clue to work on. Also, if you have a town in CT that I should look in that would be great. I have looked around Granby, but not a lot of luck without a last name.

Thanks,

Niccole

wystiria
06-22-2009, 14:23
sadly I dont have a name for his daughter it just came out that I was on a gymnastics team that she was on AFTER I had left the school. (I did two years in one school and then moved to another) so we missed meeting by a year and I mentioned some other gymnasts that I competed with and whom trained at that gym and he knew who they were.

I have been trying to find those gals with no luck.

he lives in Granby that much I know - but again with no last name....yeah not very helpful :(