PDA

View Full Version : Maine Appalachian Trail Ice Cream

TankHiker
06-25-2004, 10:13
I hear that Giffords Ice Cream, which is famous for naming their ice cream with New England themes, has a new flavor called "Maine Appalchian Trail".

Has anyone up heard of this? I am guessing you can only get it in one of their stores (Skowhegan, Waterville, Farmington, or Bangor).

Is it any good? What's in it? I heard pecans. (Although, my guess would have been ramen noodles and granola bars). I was so excited when I found my first Giffords on the trail (in Gorham). Wow, that's good stuff!

-Tank

Jaybird
06-25-2004, 13:27
hey maybe ATTROLL can get some of this "TASTY" treats available to us WHITEBLAZERS in the south! hehehehehe :D

Mr. Clean
06-25-2004, 13:32
I heard something about it; guess I'll just have to find the stuff and try it out so that I can report back.

The Old Fhart
06-25-2004, 14:43
Contact Gifford's at 1-800-950-2604, or e-mail [email protected] and get the info direct from them.

anadeau
06-26-2004, 23:02
It's good ice cream, vanilla with caramel and pecans. The giffords stand is a short walk from my apartment in farmington. It's not as good as maine deer tracks, though. Coffee ice cream with heath bars and fudge. but maine AT is right up there for good gifford's flavors.

walkin' wally
06-27-2004, 14:20
I agree with what anadeau said. AT ice cream is good. Maine deer tracks is great. Caramel Caribou is pretty good too. :sun

Doc
06-28-2004, 12:55
I just had some here in Waterville. Good ice cream, but I've never heard or tasted any ice cream that wasn't. Hard to understand how the name came about. As I sat on a bench with clean, dry, cotton clothes after a recent shower eating the cone it really didn't seem to evoke memories of the bugs, sweat, and sore muscles that are my frequent companions on the trail.

Doc