PDA

View Full Version : Is Bear Grylls the new Chuck Norris?

Safari
06-02-2009, 06:39
Is Bear Grylls the outdoor adventure communities answer to tough guy, macho fighter Chuck 'the butt of endless hard man jokes' Norris??
Would Bear not only defeat Chuck in a dustup but also devise a way to eat him (and the alcohol stove he made from a Pringle container) in Man vs Tough Guys?
Whats your say, how hard is Bear?

Lone Wolf
06-02-2009, 06:41
who is bear grylls?

Buzz_Lightfoot
06-02-2009, 06:58
who is bear grylls?

He is the dirt that Chuck Norris cleaned from under his fingernail using a redwood.

zoidfu
06-02-2009, 07:01
Bear was in the SAS. He would absolutely destroy Chuck Norris.

kayak karl
06-02-2009, 07:05
who is bear grylls?

he's the one one the left...i think??... ah who cares.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioassets/photos/2007/4/20/18636_2.jpg

zoidfu
06-02-2009, 07:07
That bears sweater could kick Chuck Norris' ass by itself.

kayak karl
06-02-2009, 07:26
That bears sweater could kick Chuck Norris' ass by itself. bruce lee would beg to differ:D

Manwich
06-02-2009, 07:27
No. As far as I know, Bear Grylls isn't campaigning to mandate the study and testing of the bible in public school like Chuck "The Tool" Norris is.

The Chuck Norris fad passed quickly with this generation when we found out what a creationist douchebag he was.

And Bear Grylls is an idiot too. Lone Wolf: He has a discovery show that explains to people how to kill themselves in the wild faster.

Lone Wolf
06-02-2009, 07:30
And Bear Grylls is an idiot too. Lone Wolf: He has a discovery show that explains to people how to kill themselves in the wild faster.

oh. one of those fake TV survivalist types. buncha staged crap

bigmac_in
06-02-2009, 07:34

Exactly. He's a joke, but kind of amusing.

Tin Man
06-02-2009, 07:38

a friend of mine doesn't understand why i don't like survivorman and that stuff. i told him i survive just fine without the lunch trailer and entourage. :rolleyes:

Yukon
06-02-2009, 07:44
LOL, I laugh at anyone who thinks he's a joke. Anyone else on this site climb Everest at 23 years old? I didn't think so...

MOWGLI
06-02-2009, 07:49
Chuck Norris is a phony. And on his head... is the tail of a pony.

JAK
06-02-2009, 07:50
Bear Gryllis digs through Grizzly scat to find food.
Biologists dig through Chuck Norris scat to find Grizzly.

DAJA
06-02-2009, 07:52

I've never seen a full episode, but the peices i've seen seemed pretty staged... I do find Survivorman much more appealing... He's not doing insanely risky things, just demonstrating the basics, shelter, water, fire and food...

Yukon
06-02-2009, 08:13
I've never seen a full episode, but the peices i've seen seemed pretty staged... I do find Survivorman much more appealing... He's not doing insanely risky things, just demonstrating the basics, shelter, water, fire and food...

That's why his show (survivorman) is in the crapper for ratings. Bear Grylls is smart, and is making money with his show. Of course some of it is staged, and of course he does some things that aren't necessary...but he also does give a lot of sage advice. His show keeps you watching, and that's the whole point.

take-a-knee
06-02-2009, 08:28
No. As far as I know, Bear Grylls isn't campaigning to mandate the study and testing of the bible in public school like Chuck "The Tool" Norris is.

The Chuck Norris fad passed quickly with this generation when we found out what a creationist douchebag he was.

I guess if Chuck was marxist evolutionist and told his wife to go to hell and shacked up with Angela Davis or some other commie bitch then he'd be cool? You need to bitch slap yourself.

Engine
06-02-2009, 08:28
Bear was in the SAS. He would absolutely destroy Chuck Norris.

Gotta argue that one. The only episode I saw of the goofball show he does, he spent 2 days running through the woods because he was sure he heard a grizzly behind him. Then I read he was actually staying in a motel at night and going back out to film again the next day. What a putz!

Nasty Dog Virus
06-02-2009, 08:29
Bear Grylls is not the man who films "survivorman"...that is Les Stroud. Les goes out by himself and carries all of his own filming gear. Bear Grylls has a cameraman with him when he is in the woods. His show is Man vs. Wild.

Bear Grylls had been the youngest Briton to climb Everest at age 23 until Rob Gauntlett climbed it at age 19 in 2006. Gaultlett died this past Jan while ice climbing at Chamonix in the French Alps.

Anyways, Bear would kick Chuck Norris' arse!!!!

Manwich
06-02-2009, 08:35
I guess if Chuck was marxist evolutionist and told his wife to go to hell and shacked up with Angela Davis or some other commie bitch then he'd be cool? You need to bitch slap yourself.

No i'd still call him a tard. I don't care if he agreed with me 100%. Celebrities using their status to influence uneducated fans need to keep their traps shut, regardless of their agenda.

bulldog49
06-02-2009, 08:51

That's exactly what he is. He has an entire crew with him all the time.

MOWGLI
06-02-2009, 09:09
I guess if Chuck was marxist evolutionist and told his wife to go to hell and shacked up with Angela Davis or some other commie bitch then he'd be cool?

He is. And did. Except he shacked up with Huck. You heard it here first. :D

Bearpaw
06-02-2009, 09:43
Bear Grylls is an embarrassment to TV. He is the Jerry Springer of Discovery Channel, but less entertaining.

take-a-knee
06-02-2009, 09:44
He is. And did. Except he shacked up with Huck. You heard it here first. :D

You're funny Mo, maybe you should move to jersey too.

Yukon
06-02-2009, 09:46
I could only wish to do all the cool stuff that Bear gets to do...

Manwich
06-02-2009, 09:47
I could only wish to do all the cool stuff that Bear gets to do...

Like be served a hot lunch from a support team after a daring walk in a dandelion field??

SteveJ
06-02-2009, 10:47
Tonight at 10, you can see Bear with that intrepid adventurer, Will Ferrell:
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/manvswild/slideshows/will-ferrell/photo01.html

I actually enjoyed Survivorman..... I will admit that I watch Bear with my son, and we laugh at the stupid stuff he does.......

MOWGLI
06-02-2009, 10:48
You're funny Mo, maybe you should move to jersey too.

This is a hiking humor thread. So get a sense of humor, or maybe YOU should move on. :banana

PS: Amazon.com has a sense of humor on sale this week only. :p

Jim Adams
06-02-2009, 10:56
Bear is a total a$$hole...what a waste. Les is the man...I heard that he mentored Chuck!!!!!!

geek

Yukon
06-02-2009, 11:06
Bear is a total a$$hole...

You know him personally?

bigmac_in
06-02-2009, 11:09
LOL, I laugh at anyone who thinks he's a joke. Anyone else on this site climb Everest at 23 years old? I didn't think so...

I laugh at anyone that thinks I care . . .

Tin Man
06-02-2009, 11:21
I laugh at anyone that thinks I care . . .

yep, besides climbing everest is about having more money than brains

zoidfu
06-02-2009, 11:23

Someone tell this guy^ that communism is passe.... The new boogymen are muslims.

bigmac_in
06-02-2009, 11:24

Exactly. Thank you Tin Man. You're pretty sharp for a dead guy.

zoidfu
06-02-2009, 11:25

How about being part of the SAS?

Yukon
06-02-2009, 11:26

Yeah, Everest is a snap. People die trying to do it every year, but hey, it's easy. :rolleyes:

zoidfu
06-02-2009, 11:28
Yeah, Everest is a snap. People die trying to do it every year, but hey, it's easy. :rolleyes:

Especially doing it after recovering from a broken back like Bear.... What a sissy.

bigmac_in
06-02-2009, 11:30

Pay attention, nobody said it was a snap. Sheesh.

Good climbers die doing it, and some people who never should make it reach the summit.

Tin Man
06-02-2009, 11:34

i got better

zoidfu
06-02-2009, 11:35
i got better

What happened to that thread? It had potential...

Manwich
06-02-2009, 11:40
i got better

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

http://imgur.com/CaB4L.jpg

Tin Man
06-02-2009, 11:41
What happened to that thread? It had potential...

deleted... it alarmed people who know george - anti-gravity tinman (not me). That TinMan makes stoves, tents, and other light-weight gear. It's just one of the drawbacks of sharing a name with someone people actually care about. Orders for stoves in my PM is another issue, so no PM for you.

Yukon
06-02-2009, 11:51
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

http://imgur.com/CaB4L.jpg

One of the greatest movies ever!! hahahaha

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 11:52
Back on subject, despite the obvious hollywood that is put on with Bear Grylls, he is still a very accomplished and able Adventurer. To say he is a fake or a phonie or not as skilled as he is made out to be would be like the Nay sayers who said Pro Wrestlers were just jokes who couldn't win a real fight, but now we see that these "Jokes" Like Broc Lesner can actually fight. My Oppinion is people Bash successful men (and women) because they are jealous. I wont lie I am Jealous too lol. As for Chuck, he is a very accompolished fighter, and a fine Karate instructor, but in their (Bear & Chuck) current conditions I would give a fight to Bear, the brits might not train like the Russians (kill many of their own soldiers to tuffen them up) but Like us they produce excellent fighting men with exceptional training. BTW the russian comment was for the deadliest warrior fans). Either way the only way to know is contact spike and get them to put these 2 on Deadliest warrior and fight it out like the did with WIlliam Wallace and Shaka!!!

zoidfu
06-02-2009, 11:57
Norris made his name in the kind of karate tourney where the match was stopped after someone got hit so they could reset and fight for another point. Lame.

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 12:00
Norris made his name in the kind of karate tourney where the match was stopped after someone got hit so they could reset and fight for another point. Lame.
Don't forget he got killed by Bruce lol I think that is why Kareem Abdul Jabar was so Famous too lol (Yes I know he was a great Bball player it's a joke)

Dr O
06-02-2009, 12:16

thought that was a mannequin

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 12:18
Back to Bear and CHuck

flemdawg1
06-02-2009, 12:39
Any scripture to back that up?

CowHead
06-02-2009, 12:49
He's no survival man which was a better show, bear is funny to watch it's like fear factor meets some game show when he eats the s=-=-09T he does, plus the sensationalism he tries to explained things to the tv viewing arena

partinj
06-02-2009, 12:49
You guys are missing the point the reasond bear put him self out and take
the risk. Is to show you how to get out of a bad spot if you get in to one
in the wild.
:sun

Manwich
06-02-2009, 12:51
"You cannot reason people out of a position they have not reasoned themselves into."

So I won't even bother.

Manwich
06-02-2009, 12:52
in the wild.

"Oh Look! There's a river! Let's jump into it!"

Every friggin episode.

Don H
06-02-2009, 12:55
Bear was just appointed to Chief Scout, the head of U.K.'s Scouting program.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090518/ten-chief-scout-bear-grylls-in-new-adven-8a3eada.html

mister krabs
06-02-2009, 12:58
Bear gets points for his accomplishments and experience, loses some for the sensationalism of his show. I don't think he's an ass kicking type of badass, but even if his experiences just came from doing the show, I think he'd be a good guy to have in your foxhole.

Chuck norris digs foxholes with the concussions of his farts.

mister krabs
06-02-2009, 12:59

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090518/ten-chief-scout-bear-grylls-in-new-adven-8a3eada.html

Good for him, good for scouting. :sun

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 13:02
Bear reminds me a lot of Steve Irwin, not not the same causes and I don't know about beliefs, but they (Bear is) (Steve was) excellently trained, intelligent, and gifted adventurers, who have excellently trained, intelligent, and gifted publicists, producers and editors, but the one does not negate the other.

Manwich
06-02-2009, 13:05
Bear reminds me a lot of Steve Irwin, not not the same causes and I don't know about beliefs, but they (Bear is) (Steve was) excellently trained, intelligent, and gifted adventurers, who have excellently trained, intelligent, and gifted publicists, producers and editors, but the one does not negate the other.

And Bear's profession will likely be the death of him (ala Irwin.)

Manwich
06-02-2009, 13:07
Good for him, good for scouting. :sun

Hopefully he'll teach those lazy scouts how to not hike 3 miles from the road to a shelter to spend the evening in.

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 13:10
And Bear's profession will likely be the death of him (ala Irwin.)
I hope not but every time I see him do something overly risky, and without any safety gear I think the same thing, but I hope it never happens

zoidfu
06-02-2009, 13:32
I hope he doesn't die. I'm definitely a Les Stroud supporter but my girlfriend likes to watch Man Vs. Wild and if we can watch something other than The ******* Hills, I'm happy.

CowHead
06-02-2009, 13:37
in the wild.

Ok he has a medical doctor with him, a stunt man, 2 to 3 camera men and locals guides to trek him around now if that's putting out I'll sell you some farm land on the moon

Ridge Rat
06-02-2009, 13:43
On the lighter side of things, Les Stroud has a new show "survive this" on cartoon network. He is appearently teaching kids survival techniques and having them spend a night alone in unfamiliar terrain. Looks good because it's Les.

DAJA
06-02-2009, 14:08
On the lighter side of things, Les Stroud has a new show "survive this" on cartoon network. He is appearently teaching kids survival techniques and having them spend a night alone in unfamiliar terrain. Looks good because it's Les.

My father was all about teaching my brother and I survival skills from a very young age, and low and behold, they stuck because I can't seem to stay out of the woods for more than a couple of days at a time...

At least 2-3 times a week he'd take us hiking in the woods showing us edible plants, a variety of fire lighting skills, teaching us various knots, how to handle a knife, many different snare and trap techniques, map and compass... All awsome stuff... Then when my brother and I were 11 and 12, he took us on a long hike (in reality only 10kms or so, but seemed like a long hike at the time) into the ridge and meadow behind our house. Completely bush whacking, with no trails... We got down by the edge of the meadow and where doing some trout fishing... Well at one point he slipped away without my bro and I noticing and then we where alone...

We had our knives, a compass, some sandwiches, our fishing poles, and some matches, but not much else.. We kicked around the meadow for a bit thinking dad would be back, maybe he had gone further up the brook.. Well as once the sun started setting we realized this was one of dads tests for us... He was always testing us... He had given us the skills and knowledge, and now wanted to see if we could put it to use in real life...

Initially we both broke down once we realized we were on our own to find our way out and back home. But then we started discussing what to do and before you knew it, we had a plan and where off..

It was the first night we both spent in the woods by ourselves, and it was definitely frightening, but we survived and made it home early the next morning... Dad and mom where both waiting for us with a huge breakfast.. It wasn't until just a few years ago that dad admitted he had stayed with us that entire night, and stayed just ahead of us on the way out... He said he wanted to see how we responded... It was a good lesson and i'm glad he did that for us because aside from giving us a lot of useful skills, it also broke my fear of the woods early... By my early teens I was always out camping alone with no fear..

Manwich
06-02-2009, 14:17
DAJA - Great story. Decades later, try doing that with todays sensitive babied youth. You'll make the papers as "WORST PARENT EVER"

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 14:24
Yeah the law would throw you under the jail "Boo Hoo You made your kids cry" "your such a bad parent" "hey where are my kids" "what do you mean they are high on crack" "what do you mean they shot some little girls cat" "Boo hoo you made your kids cry you are such a bad parent"
This would be so much funnier, but unfortunately it is true

flemdawg1
06-02-2009, 14:41
I hope he doesn't die. I'm definitely a Les Stroud supporter but my girlfriend likes to watch Man Vs. Wild and if we can watch something other than The ******* Hills, I'm happy.

She just wants to see Bear's bear butt. :p

flemdawg1
06-02-2009, 14:41
doh! bare, not bear.

Don H
06-02-2009, 15:15

When I posted this I was wondering how long it would take before the first negative Scouting comments would be made. Answer, 5 posts.

dradius
06-02-2009, 15:48
they are just TV shows, relax. their goal is to get high ratings and therefore make lots of money. i really doubt either Bear or Les cares what some dorks on a AT website think about them.

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 15:53
they are just TV shows, relax. their goal is to get high ratings and therefore make lots of money. i really doubt either Bear or Les cares what some dorks on a AT website think about them.Hey I resemble that remark!!!!!

Jim Adams
06-02-2009, 20:53
in the wild.
I don't know many serious adventure people that would be stupid enough to get into those situations. The rest are usually not serious enough to get to the places that he goes. It's all for ratings.:rolleyes:

geek

Jim Adams
06-02-2009, 20:58
DAJA,
Great story!

geek

Wise Old Owl
06-02-2009, 21:04
So you are all going to enjoy the next episode with WILL FERRELL & BEAR right? Starts in one hour.

Wise Old Owl
06-02-2009, 21:06
When I posted this I was wondering how long it would take before the first negative Scouting comments would be made. Answer, 5 posts.

Very sad...

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 21:09
Not the biggest Will Ferrel fan, but yeah still gonna watch it lol

laherb
06-02-2009, 21:11
i belive i can waste an hour to maybe see some nice views and laugh at Will Ferrell. sure it's staged but what isn't anymore.

kayak karl
06-02-2009, 21:17
whole towns electric is out and i can't watch this on the telly. it sucks :(

Wise Old Owl
06-02-2009, 21:29
I think its going to be a HOOT!

Tin Man
06-02-2009, 21:30

got your own pc generator do ya?

Wise Old Owl
06-02-2009, 21:32

PM me and I will be happy to send you the DVD that I can burn.

Wise Old Owl
06-02-2009, 22:21
Guess everyone is watching the posts zeroed suddenly..... Backpackers apparently can't multitask/

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 22:23
Can you blame them this one is pretty funny.

Wise Old Owl
06-02-2009, 22:34
Its exactly what the show needed - levity!

9 hours in deep snow in Sweden

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 22:36
Heck here I thought they needed a smokin hottie in a Bikini following him around with a lolipop in her mouth. Now I know why I am not a TV producer lol

Wise Old Owl
06-02-2009, 22:43
the Heinkein Sweden patrol is clearly missing in action.

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 22:47
Maybe Next week lol

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 22:49
Wow I think He actually meant that since that is the true feeling

Wise Old Owl
06-02-2009, 23:06
That was the best!

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 23:07
That was the best!
Gotta agree with ya 100%

Reid
06-02-2009, 23:15
No, he doesn't always go alone, but someimtes he does......with no food or shelter or anything. In my book or at least till someone shows me they can do more than "walking" I'm convinced he's got a little more skills than we do.

Alaskanhkr23
06-02-2009, 23:26
Gryll's know his stuff ,because he is british S.A.S,he just stay in hotel's along the way.Who cares he knows alot of stuff S.A.S Is pretty Bad A** . Grylls might have a camera crew but he still eats and doese some crazy stuff

Alaskanhkr23
06-02-2009, 23:28
...But i;m sure some people on here would make him look stupid..WB forever.

Alaskanhkr23
06-02-2009, 23:32
I read the past threads..... You guys lauph at him, But in al reality he doesent have the pack on his back righ???? i'm sure some of you guys could compare...but i don;t know if one or two states quailfies you to have S.A.S training which beats out our military..No offense... get over it ,TV man he gets paid to do wh's good at..

flemdawg1
06-02-2009, 23:42
Crud, Will survived. :-)

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-02-2009, 23:45
If it lasts over four hours it is a Sporting Event!!!
Oh wait wrong post

Jim Adams
06-03-2009, 00:35
...and doese some crazy stuff

agree totally!

geek

Safari
06-03-2009, 04:48
The question is though... who's the bigger bad ass- Bear or Chuck?
Walker Texas Ranger with the lethal roundhouse and deadpan one liner quips VS
Mr Ex-SAS 'I will eat my foot cheese if necessary'...

World-Wide
06-03-2009, 05:02

Bear Grylis vs Norris: Chuck Norris of course! :cool: Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life! Have to give kudos on the Bear's vest....Da Bear's!!:D

Alaskanhkr23
06-03-2009, 07:12
Bear gryll's look's stupid compared to les Stroud??? i think it's spelled,that dude know what he's doing and doesen't have a camera crew. He is an actual hiker.Bear did do alot of crazy a** ***** though.

zoidfu
06-03-2009, 07:45
So, it's settled.

You can say what you want about Bear, his camera crew, and his motel stays and you'd be right but Norris has never done anything that wasn't in a tightly controlled environment, whether it be a tournament, movie set, or TV set.

Bear was SAS, climbed Mt. Everest(after recovering from a broken back), drinks his own piss, and routinely puts himself in situations that could kill him, crew on stand by or not.

Bear wins hands down and comparing him to Norris is an insult to Bear.

zoidfu
06-03-2009, 07:46
Just doing a little fact checking on Norris and apparently he's had his son do many of his stunts. A real badass, indeed:rolleyes:

Alaskanhkr23
06-03-2009, 07:48
Norris is just CREEPY

Alaskanhkr23
06-03-2009, 07:49
why is this even on here?? How doese this have anything to do with hiking? Gryll's is cool but FAKE and norris is a TV star ninja man.

zoidfu
06-03-2009, 07:52
Norris is just CREEPY

I hate to pull the patriotism card because it's lame... but he's also anti American. He wouldn't mind if Texas seceded and he even said he'd run for President of Texas.

Ten bucks says he'd dress like a woman in an effort to escape after that civil war a la Jefferson Davis.

zoidfu
06-03-2009, 07:56
why is this even on here?? How doese this have anything to do with hiking? Gryll's is cool but FAKE and norris is a TV star ninja man.

Don't turn into a wannabe mod like some here

Alaskanhkr23
06-03-2009, 08:06
Bear gryll's Lives in Mass,anyone know that? he says it in one of his first episodes.

Gumbi
06-03-2009, 08:15
Here are some of my favorite man vs. wild clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4zTA13W1vU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpkfDKJQ97o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g6aKcMydGo

:D

Honestly, climbing down waterfalls? Jumping off rock ledges into pools of "unkown" depth (you don't think that the camera crew sends divers into the pool to check the depth and look for obstructions to avoid, do you?)? Lots of Bear's stunts would get you killed!

zoidfu
06-03-2009, 08:16
Using karate in a real fight will get you killed

Alaskanhkr23
06-03-2009, 08:18
If you read the begining staement it says: That some of it is "presented" to him. Do you think they would actually put him in danger? NO FREAKING WAY!!! Dude's a cashcow for discovery.

Jim Adams
06-03-2009, 09:22
I hate to pull the patriotism card because it's lame... but he's also anti American. He wouldn't mind if Texas seceded and he even said he'd run for President of Texas.

Ten bucks says he'd dress like a woman in an effort to escape after that civil war a la Jefferson Davis.

Need to give Texas back to Mexico!:D

geek

CowHead
06-03-2009, 09:55
But last night episode was funny you must admit,

Alaskanhkr23
06-03-2009, 09:56
Yeah will farrel was funny,bear grylls makes me feel sad when i hear him speak.

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-03-2009, 11:14
Bear gryll's Lives in Mass,anyone know that? he says it in one of his first episodes.
Serious? I never would have guessed Bear Grylls was a "Masshole"
He really is brave, you get 100 Badass points just for driving through Boston and not getting ran off the road or running over a pedestrian.

mister krabs
06-03-2009, 12:20

Bet he'd say something like "I haven't decided to leave the United States of America, the USA has left me."

And he'd be right to some extent.

zoidfu
06-03-2009, 12:28
Bet he'd say something like "I haven't decided to leave the United States of America, the USA has left me."

And he'd be right to some extent.

Not really. We still live in a democratic republic. Just because the elections didn't go the way he wanted them to go and policy isn't what he wants doesn't mean that the U.S. "left him."

If you want to bring up the Constitutionality of certain policies then I agree so some extent but then again, it would seem as if we've been doing our best to destroy it the second the ink dried. It's nothing new.

dradius
06-03-2009, 12:44
Don't turn into a wannabe mod like some here

lmao. Amen brother. :banana

TD55
06-03-2009, 12:54
Mr. T would kick both thier butts.

CowHead
06-04-2009, 06:56
Mr. T would kick both thier butts.

There you go had to play the race card lmao, I agree Mr. T wins

hoz
06-04-2009, 07:39
And Mighty Mouse would beat Superman.

Bearpaw
06-04-2009, 12:44
And Mighty Mouse would beat Superman.

Let's not cloud the discussion with obvious truths now... :D

CowHead
06-04-2009, 14:11
but earthworm jim would zap them all
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=24995

Cabin Fever
06-04-2009, 14:16

Keep your religious opinions to yourself. I don't force mine on you. Why do you force yours on us?

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-04-2009, 15:39
Keep your religious opinions to yourself. I don't force mine on you. Why do you force yours on us?I'm confused, so that was a vote for Bear right, because Chuck Norris is forcing his religious views?

bigmac_in
06-04-2009, 17:02
Can't believe this thread is still alive. . . .

Should be filed under WGAS by now.

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-04-2009, 17:12
Can't believe this thread is still alive. . . .

Should be filed under WGAS by now.
Yeah i thought when we start goofing on page 2 it would have gotten squashed lol.
I keep meaning to start an account on spike and send it to deadliest warrior

Doctari
06-04-2009, 17:39
Bear G IS a joke!

I watch hoping to see him badly injured while doing one of his really stupid stunts that no one in their right mind would do in a survival situation. But then he dosn't worry, he has ample rescue handy & spends nearly every night in a nearby motel.
Ever notice how clean he is on day 3 of his "Survival situation"?
"I spent a miserable night last night!" but he looks well rested, no dark circles under the eyes, & he climbs a "200' cliff" in 15 minutes first thing.

I'm not a fan of Chuck, but feel that CN's granny could take Bear in 2 of 3 falls.

I'm just sayin.

If lost & I could pick one person to be with me I would pick in order:
Les Stroud without hesitation!

Chuck Norris' granny

Chuck

A random stranger

A different random stranger.

As a last resort,,, IF I was really really really desperate,,,,, Maybe I would take Bear's sound man.

If I met BG during this time, I would follow him at a distance to see which motel he was heading to.

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-04-2009, 17:42
Did anyone mention Bear Grylls has a Second Degree Black Belt in Karate?

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-04-2009, 17:43
How about the fact he is a master of Ninjutsu?

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-04-2009, 18:01
BTW I sent it to Deadliest warrior, maybe they will do it. For those interested I think it would make a fun show, please go to spike.com and leave a comment of Deadliest warrior about it.
Thanx all

Manwich
06-04-2009, 18:04
Who know who would whip both their asses?

http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/busey.jpg

Gary Busey.

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-04-2009, 18:37
Who know who would whip both their asses?

http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/busey.jpg

Gary Busey.He has to be one of my favorite actors

flemdawg1
06-04-2009, 22:18
Well we now know what happened to Barbaro's grill.

callook66
06-05-2009, 06:10
bear = chump.

DeafRon
06-14-2009, 16:30
He has to be one of my favorite actors

Gary does use his head. Seems to crack cement pretty well, lol.
Too bad his head pretty much has left him.

Pennsylvania Rose
06-14-2009, 20:06
She just wants to see Bear's bear butt. :p

We like to bet on how far into the show it'll be before we either see his bare a** or he whips it out. He does it EVERY episode - I think he's a closet flasher.

Wise Old Owl
06-17-2009, 22:09
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4s5pmFL_ZlQ/SY0noXzlzWI/AAAAAAAABqU/5bEPZoX6h_0/s320/chuck+norris+motivational+posters.jpg

Doctori - Chuck Norris's Granny would be Phylis Diller!

Wise Old Owl
06-20-2009, 13:36
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/MarkSwarbrick/norris.jpg

Egads
09-13-2009, 08:37
Anyone know what shell Bear Grylls is wearing on the show these days? It is pretty bombproof.

mkmangold
09-14-2009, 01:18
Bear G IS a joke!
If lost & I could pick one person to be with me I would pick in order:
Les Stroud without hesitation!

Is Les Stroud gay? I think he had his boyfriend on one of his episodes. He never talks about a wife and kids.
Not condemning... just saying.

SteveJ
09-14-2009, 02:35
Is Les Stroud gay? I think he had his boyfriend on one of his episodes. He never talks about a wife and kids.

didn't take long to clear that up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Stroud

"It was also during this time while on a survival course he met his future wife, photographer Sue Jamison.[2] (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/#cite_note-VS-1) They married in 1994 and together left for a year-long honeymoon in the remote Wabakimi area of Ontario which was to become the basis of the documentary (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Documentary_film) Snowshoes and Solitude. Afterwards, the couple moved to Yellowknife (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Yellowknife) in the Northwest Territories (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Northwest_Territories) where Stroud was employed as an outdoor instructor to special needs individuals of aboriginal descent.[7] (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/#cite_note-NewMusicBio-6) Stroud and Jamison then settled in Huntsville, Ontario (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Huntsville,_Ontario), and started the outdoor instructional outfit Wilderness Voice and the media company Wilderness Spirit Productions.[6] (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/#cite_note-BIO-5) Inspired by the popularity of the television show Survivor (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Survivor_(TV_series)), Stroud pitched a more authentic version of the show to The Discovery Channel Canada (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Discovery_Channel_(Canada)). Stroud produced two programs titled One Week in the Wilderness and Winter in the Wilderness for @discovery.ca (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/@discovery.ca) in 2001 (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/2001).[8] (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/#cite_note-DC-7) The success of these specials led to the development of Survivorman (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Survivorman), a show that followed a similar format of leaving Stroud on his own, with minimal equipment, in the wilderness to film his survival experience."

"In 2006, Stroud produced a 90-minute special documenting his family's journey to building an off-the-grid (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Off-the-grid) home. The show, Off the Grid with Les Stroud, chronicled the process of buying property and refitting an old farm house with solar (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Solar_power) and wind power (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Wind_power), a raincatcher (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Rainwater_harvesting) and well (http://www.whiteblaze.net/wiki/Water_well), as well as the adjustments the Stroud family had to make to adapt to this style of living.[1] (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/#cite_note-TS-0)"

Egads
09-14-2009, 07:04
Anyone know what shell Bear Grylls is wearing on the show these days? It is pretty bombproof.

Mkmangold, you hijacked my hijack. Anyone know what the bear is wearing?

njordan2
09-14-2009, 07:53
I have not watched a full episode of a Bear Grylls show, but have seen some of it. He showed some neat tricks like building a shelter and making a fire.
He was in the SAS so his outdoor skills are beyond question. He admits, though, that his true strength comes from his faith as a Christian. That angers alot of narrow minded people, but oh well.
Also, having served in the SAS he has done more to preserve our freedom to tramp around the woods than any of us have just hiking up and down the A.T.

yaduck9
09-14-2009, 09:57
That's why his show (survivorman) is in the crapper for ratings. Bear Grylls is smart, and is making money with his show. Of course some of it is staged, and of course he does some things that aren't necessary...but he also does give a lot of sage advice. His show keeps you watching, and that's the whole point.

Yes, he keeps you butt in front of the TV with your mind in neutral, instead of being outdoors with your mind engaged.

Good point.

heyoka87
09-14-2009, 10:23
Survivorman with Les Stroud is a more realistic show. Bear gets rating points by eating live snakes and sqeezing water out of elephant dung to drink . Hell I watch him just to see that stuff ! A more realistic show was Alone in the Wild on National Geographic Channel. They dropped the "star" down in the Yukon and he was supposed to live for 100 days alone - only made about 60 days as he was starving to death a la Chris McCandless before they had to haul him out. All those shows are worthwhile for the little nuggets of knowledge that you pick up. Problem you have to cull out a lot of staged melodramatic crap first.

mkmangold
09-14-2009, 17:04

my bad.....

Captain
09-14-2009, 18:06

its staged for "entertainment purposes" but he was in fact in the british special forces , no faking that

Lone Wolf
09-14-2009, 18:07
its staged for "entertainment purposes" but he was in fact in the british special forces , no faking that

bfd. doesn't make him a badazz

Captain
09-14-2009, 18:28
bfd. doesn't make him a badazz

maybe not but it doesnt make him a jeff probst wanna be either he does have those survival skills to use if he ever really had to

tammons
09-14-2009, 18:41
Any MMA would probably kick either's ass. That said Chuck is like 69 years old vs bear baby who is 35.

Had a friend 5th degree Black Belt, that auditioned for a movie that sparred with Chuck in NYC in the late 70s early 80s and said he was a serious bad ass.

Have another friend that worked with Chuck on Texas Ranger and said he was a million dollar guy.

Chuck Norris won the...

National Karate Championships (1966)
All-Star Championships (1966)
World Middleweight Karate Championship (1967)
All-American Karate Championship (1967)
Internationals (1968)
World Professional Middleweight Karate Championship (1968)
All-American Championship (1968)
National Tournament of Champions (1968)
American Tang Soo Championship
North American Karate Championship

65 wins 5 losses

Hardly lost until he met Bruce Lee in "Way of the Dragon"

I will take Chuck even at 2x age factor.

Give them both a knife and I will still take Chuck.

Give them both a 338 Lapua sniper rifle and edge goes to Bear
but thats about it.

Actually I would even take Cody Lundin over Bear in hand to hand.

freefall
09-14-2009, 19:23
Surprised no one mentioned this news story from back in June.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1194985/Boy-survives-24-hours-wilderness-thanks-tips-Bear-Grylls.html

Captain
09-14-2009, 21:03

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1194985/Boy-survives-24-hours-wilderness-thanks-tips-Bear-Grylls.html

i actually hadnt seen that..capital mate

mkmangold
09-14-2009, 23:16

Me Too! I survived a daytrip out in the Kalahari Desert by killing a Sidwinder, eating it's meat, pissing into it's skin, and drinking my own pee! Dos Equis, por favor.

Wise Old Owl
09-29-2009, 22:44
Me Too! I survived a daytrip out in the Kalahari Desert by killing a Sidwinder, eating it's meat, pissing into it's skin, and drinking my own pee! Dos Equis, por favor.:eek:

Capasa Mkmangold! Se'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaTekm9Ak8

Egads
09-30-2009, 06:29
I actually enjoyed the behind the scenes episode where the crew is on camera discussing the background storyline.

Big Dawg
09-30-2009, 06:45
I actually enjoyed the behind the scenes episode where the crew is on camera discussing the background storyline.

Me too... makes you appreciate the shots they get, however outlandish.

SassyWindsor
01-05-2010, 16:52
I'd let Bear or Chuck tote my pack.:D

Rolo
01-28-2010, 19:58
Bear would shame 95% of the hikers on this forum including myself out on the trail. He will also impregnate you with a simple glare. And Chuck Norris sucks.

Mountain Dew
01-28-2010, 23:39
Need to give Texas back to Mexico!:D

geek

That comment coming from a guy who is from a town called "webster" lmao and whose trail name is geek. !!!!! Lmao. Yeah ok .......

DrRichardCranium
01-29-2010, 12:08
I dont have cable, but I've heard about these "survival" shows.

One thing people talk about is the guy squeezing drinking water out of elephant poop.

Wouldn't there still be a lot of endotoxin from the bacteria, living & dead, in the poop?

And wouldn't ingesting all that endotoxin cause your body to lose MORE water?

I just can't believe that drinking poop-water is a good idea.

tammons
01-29-2010, 12:13
Probably no worse than eating uncooked bugs or drinking untreated water in that part of the world.

There is a clip of Grylls on one of the late night shows where he talks about some of this and issues like letting go some diarrhea etc while on film and climbing a cliff wall.

Supposedly the elephant poop trick was told to him by an African tribesman as a last resort to get water. Grylls called it a low point in his career.

Mountain Dew
01-29-2010, 21:07

Chuck Norris in his prime could beat Bear. Any talk about Norris not being a badass is out of ignorance just as bashing Bear is ignorant.

Saying that Chuck Norris is " anti- American " because of his views on the GREAT state of TEXAS are laughable, ignorant, and a biased. Im confused as to why he was compared to Davis when he is more akin to Lincoln. Nonetheless , Norris is a down to earth patriotic American..........

Mountain Dew
01-29-2010, 21:20

Hahahaa so ill-informed opinions. It could be argued that Chuck Norris is more popular now than ever. Have you noticed that his t-shirts are sold all over the country in major department stores ? Looks like this generation is embracing Chuck Norris contrary to your claim.

Mr Norris also continues to devote tons of his time to charity as well as millions of his dollars over the years. He primarily donates time and money to childrens groups.

According to polls taken over 80% of Americans proclaim to be Christians so youR comment on "creationalist" seems to be that of the underwhelming minority.

Some people use hatred and made up opinions of the masses to base their post on. I choose to use facts and my own opinion.

ed bell
01-29-2010, 21:34
Humor forum, any way to get back to that at this point? Sheesh. If not it will be closed. Thanks, ed

Doooglas
01-30-2010, 18:11
Grylled Bareazz is a suicide jockey.
He'll be in the news soon enough.

"Idiot TV entertainer dives off a 40 foot cliff into 2 feet of water.He landed on his head so he'll recover fine"

LTROSS
02-13-2010, 00:58
Chuck Norris doesnt read books. He stares at them until they give him the information he wants.

trailangelbronco
02-13-2010, 01:40
Chuck is a karate movie guy. Some decent martial arts skills, but mostly staged for film.

Bear is a proven combat vet who served in a speacial ops unit. Basically, a special forces guy with certified kills on his resume.
Sorry Chuck, but ya wouldn't even feel the 50 cal go thru yer skull.

Captain
02-13-2010, 05:00

there was a time i looked up to you.. oh LW what have you become

Buzz_Lightfoot
03-05-2010, 13:52
You know, I watched a marathon of his show this week and he does such just plain stupid things so often that find myself wishing something BAD will happen to him.

Oh yes, let's go into a cave with only one torch and keep going until it burns out because "The best way to get down a mountain is through it!"

Yeah, uh-huh. Riiiight.

tammons
03-05-2010, 14:19
He is a TV thrill jockey

If any person even well trained with no staging and no backup team tried half the crap he does they would be dead in less than 72 hours.

Just the bacteria and other nasties from those uncooked bugs and whatnot he eats should do him in.

I am sure he goes to the gastro doctor after every shoot.

XCskiNYC
03-05-2010, 15:00
Bear Grylls is a new product from George Foreman. Same great Bear taste, 20 percent less fat.

ascientist
03-05-2010, 17:08
Is it just me or is there a great action hero void? Chuck Norris, Arnold, Jackie Chan, Stallone, Jet Lee, ?Van Dan?, may still do some films but are far past the prime. Then someone like The Rock comes along and decides to only do children's films.

Roche
03-05-2010, 17:36
They can both kick my a**. My guess is that Chuck Norris could do it faster.

Buzz_Lightfoot
03-08-2010, 13:58
He is a TV thrill jockey

If any person even well trained with no staging and no backup team tried half the crap he does they would be dead in less than 72 hours.

Just the bacteria and other nasties from those uncooked bugs and whatnot he eats should do him in.

I am sure he goes to the gastro doctor after every shoot.

Only 72 hours? Sooner I think.

jhensley
06-12-2010, 09:54
From his wiki:

Grylls' expedition involved nearly four months on Everest's southeast face: From his first reconnaissance climb on which he fell in a crevasse and was knocked unconscious, regaining consciousness to find himself swinging on the end of a rope, to the weeks of acclimatisation climbs involving climbing up and down the South Face, negotiating the Khumbu icefall (a frozen river), the Western Cwm glacier, and a 5000 foot wall of ice called the Lhotse face, to the grueling ascent with the ex-SAS soldier Neil Laughton, involving climbing for hours in the night, that took him past extreme weather, fatigue, dehydration, last-minute illness, sleep deprivation and almost running out of oxygen inside the death zone where air is three times thinner than at sea level.
To prepare for climbing at such high altitudes in the Himalayas, in 1997, Grylls became the youngest Briton to climb Ama Dablam, a peak described by Sir Edmund Hillary as "unclimbable".

In December 2008, Grylls suffered a broken shoulder while kite skiing across a stretch of ice during an independent expedition to climb a remote unclimbed peak in Antarctica. Travelling at speeds up to 50 km/h (30 mph), a ski caught on the ice, launching him in the air and breaking his shoulder when he came down

Sounds like a giant sissy to me.

Sierra Echo
08-14-2010, 22:13
I dont have cable, but I've heard about these "survival" shows.

One thing people talk about is the guy squeezing drinking water out of elephant poop.

Wouldn't there still be a lot of endotoxin from the bacteria, living & dead, in the poop?

And wouldn't ingesting all that endotoxin cause your body to lose MORE water?

I just can't believe that drinking poop-water is a good idea.

I saw bear eat an apple piece out of bear poop while in Romania on one of the many episodes I watched today. That gives new meaning to recycling! LOL
And for the record, I think Chuck Norris is a creeper!

J5man
08-14-2010, 22:21
Chuck Norris doesnt read books. He stares at them until they give him the information he wants.

Chuck Norris doesn't speak any foreign languages; he beats you until you learn English.

JAK
08-14-2010, 22:22
Mr. Bean is the new Chuck Norris.
The new Mr. Bean is yet to be determined.

Sierra Echo
08-14-2010, 22:25
Chuck Norris doesn't speak any foreign languages; he beats you until you learn English.

Chuck Norris is to busy playing on his total gym to care about anyone else.

tammons
08-14-2010, 22:48
Chuck is a karate movie guy. Some decent martial arts skills, but mostly staged for film.

Friend of mine spared with him to audition for a part in a movie.
6th degree BB and said he was very intimidating.

CN does not get the respect he deserves IMO.

In 68 he won the Professional Middleweight Karate champion title, which he held for six consecutive years.

In 69, he won Karate's triple crown for the most tournament wins of the year

Hand to hand I would take Norris even at his age.

Who knows what Bear has actually accomplished other than eating bugs and drinking water from elephant poop on his show.

He has a lot of knowledge for sure, but who knows how much of ir is real and how much is a set up.

Smile
08-14-2010, 22:50
he's got an accent.......that helps I'm sure :)

Sierra Echo
08-14-2010, 22:55
Bear Grylls does indeed have a sexy accent. However after seeing some of the things he has put in his mouth, I for one would not kiss him! :eek:

He would have to gurgle with listerine really well. Or maybe even gasoline. And utilize a plunger like in the Ace Ventura movie.

Graywolf
08-15-2010, 06:33
Not really. We still live in a democratic republic. Just because the elections didn't go the way he wanted them to go and policy isn't what he wants doesn't mean that the U.S. "left him."

If you want to bring up the Constitutionality of certain policies then I agree so some extent but then again, it would seem as if we've been doing our best to destroy it the second the ink dried. It's nothing new.

Sorry dude.. We are now a Socialist Republic but my understanding is the Democraps are losing the polls..Going back to GOP Baby!!!

Oh yeah, Im from Texas..And we have the best BBQ sauce imported to Boston..

canoehead
08-15-2010, 09:53
no........

turtle fast
08-15-2010, 23:49
Chuck Norris....President 2012. Wins in landslide...literally.

Buzz_Lightfoot
08-16-2010, 12:49
Chuck Norris....President 2012. Wins in landslide...literally.

He beats all the competition, literally.

Sierra Echo
08-16-2010, 16:52
Chuck Norris is so gross!~

weasel and bunny
08-16-2010, 18:13
The only thing Bear is in danger of on many episodes is shooting the road he is standing by.

weary
08-16-2010, 20:06
I don't have a clue. But Bear Grylls was featured in Outside, the best, but badly flawed, outdoor magazine. I sense that Outside thinks Chuck Norris is a joke -- or at least I hope that they do.

Otherwise I've read comments about the both of them on White Blaze. Nothing else.

So on the basis of this very limiteded knowledge, I will say positively that Bear Grylls would whip Chuck Norris's ass hands down.

Weary

Luddite
08-16-2010, 20:14
I like the Canadian dude alot more.

couscous
08-16-2010, 20:22
I like the Canadian dude alot more.

Me too. Les Stroud and Bear Grylls's cameraman both impress me.

Smile
08-16-2010, 21:04
Ahhh, therein lies the catch.....there's a camera crew, of course. So he's not really alone, and doing some stuff for shock value only - but some are into that sort of thing, maybe it will keep people from heading outdoors - or worse, convincing some of them can by doing what he does, which could be dangerous in the wrong situation.

sheepdog
08-16-2010, 21:28
Chuck Norris is so gross!~
blasphemy :eek:

Smile
08-16-2010, 22:13
Originally Posted by Sierra Echo
Chuck Norris is so gross!

Uh oh....he heard that.....wherever he is.....

Sierra Echo
08-16-2010, 22:50
blasphemy :eek:

I'm sorry! Its my honest opinion! He is just ewwwwwwwwwwww!!

Sierra Echo
08-16-2010, 22:51
Originally Posted by Sierra Echo
Chuck Norris is so gross!

Uh oh....he heard that.....wherever he is.....

Thats ok. I told frank shamrock what I thought of his brother.

Sierra Echo
08-16-2010, 22:51
Thats ok. I told frank shamrock what I thought of his brother.

As I was saying!
I told frank shamrock what I thought of his brother, so being rude to martial arts guys isn't something entirely new to me~!

Smile
08-16-2010, 22:52
As I was saying!
I told frank shamrock what I thought of his brother, so being rude to martial arts guys isn't something entirely new to me~!
:eek: ......:)

Luddite
08-17-2010, 16:57
Ahhh, therein lies the catch.....there's a camera crew, of course. So he's not really alone, and doing some stuff for shock value only - but some are into that sort of thing, maybe it will keep people from heading outdoors - or worse, convincing some of them can by doing what he does, which could be dangerous in the wrong situation.

You think theres a camera crew for Survivor man too?

couscous
08-17-2010, 17:12
There wasn't a camera crew for Survivor Man except while dropping him off and picking him up at the end of 5-7 days. Les Stroud was actually alone and doing the filming himself. That's why I have all the Survivor Man episodes .. and none of the other guy's.

Luddite
08-17-2010, 17:28
Yeah thats what I thought and he plays the harmonic. He also made a couple of films I want to see.

couscous
08-17-2010, 20:26
"Off the Grid (http://shop.lesstroud.ca/product/off-the-grid-with-les-stroud-dvd)" is about his renovation of an old farm to provide an off-the-grid home for his family. Rainwater is collected, power is generated from solar panels and a wind generator and heat for each building (including the outhouse) comes from wood stoves. The road they live on isn't plowed in the winter so they park their vehicles a few miles away at the nearest plowed road and ski to/from their house.
~
"Snowshoes and Solitude (http://shop.lesstroud.ca/product/snowshoes-solitude-dvd)" is about the year he spent in the Wabakimi Wilderness with his wife in 1994-95. They built their own shelter with a stone axe and lived off the land.
~
Both are excellent.

Luddite
08-17-2010, 20:30
They sound awesome especially snowshoes and solitude.

Sierra Echo
08-17-2010, 20:51
"Off the Grid (http://shop.lesstroud.ca/product/off-the-grid-with-les-stroud-dvd)" is about his renovation of an old farm to provide an off-the-grid home for his family. Rainwater is collected, power is generated from solar panels and a wind generator and heat for each building (including the outhouse) comes from wood stoves. The road they live on isn't plowed in the winter so they park their vehicles a few miles away at the nearest plowed road and ski to/from their house.
~
"Snowshoes and Solitude (http://shop.lesstroud.ca/product/snowshoes-solitude-dvd)" is about the year he spent in the Wabakimi Wilderness with his wife in 1994-95. They built their own shelter with a stone axe and lived off the land.
~
Both are excellent.

Cody Lundin from Dual Survival lives in an ogg the grid house. There is a video of the tour of it on you tube. Its pretty cool.

Danielsen
08-17-2010, 21:09
Friend of mine spared with him to audition for a part in a movie.
6th degree BB and said he was very intimidating.

CN does not get the respect he deserves IMO.

In 68 he won the Professional Middleweight Karate champion title, which he held for six consecutive years.

In 69, he won Karate's triple crown for the most tournament wins of the year

Hand to hand I would take Norris even at his age.

Who knows what Bear has actually accomplished other than eating bugs and drinking water from elephant poop on his show.

He has a lot of knowledge for sure, but who knows how much of ir is real and how much is a set up.

As far as accomplishments, he's served in the SAS as a paratrooper, survival instructor and medic, survived a parachute failure at altitude, came back from the crippling injuries that resulted to climb everest at a rather young age, and has participated in a number of off-beat outdoor adventures since. He is also, obviously, an accomplished and well-known television actor and media personality.

Chuck Norris is an accomplished practitioner of Karate who has proven his skill in high-level competition and acted in a number of movies and a successful television show, also becoming a well-known actor and media personality.

I view both of them as highly respectable people, though one might quibble with Bear's "lack of purist realism" on the show or Norris's politics and ideologies.

Am I taking this thread too seriously? lol

Smile
08-17-2010, 21:12
You think theres a camera crew for Survivor man too?

No, he was on his own, great effort to do all his camerawork. He did a great job I thought for the few episodes that I've seen :)

M1 Thumb
08-17-2010, 21:27
Bear falls down in Antarctica and breaks his shoulder and is airlifted out.

Chuck falls down in Antarctica and the ice shelf breaks off into a piece the size of Texas.

Bare Bear
08-18-2010, 12:18
Well, Bear climbs mountains so that impresses me.
Chuck Norris stares at the mountain until it bows down. Very impressive.

El Jefe
08-19-2010, 09:32
Bear got caught staying in a 4 star hotel when he was supposed to be out in the wild. He dosen't hold a candle to Les Stroud much less Chuck Norris.

Smile
08-19-2010, 10:44
Bear calls Chuck Norris before he films each episode for advice.
The elephant poop thing was just a cruel practical joke, Chuck loved that one......

Bare Bear
08-23-2010, 11:58
Bear ****s in the woods...
Chuck Norris would never stoop to it.

sevensixtwo187
08-23-2010, 13:04
As far as accomplishments, he's served in the SAS as a paratrooper, survival instructor and medic, survived a parachute failure at altitude, came back from the crippling injuries that resulted to climb everest at a rather young age, and has participated in a number of off-beat outdoor adventures since. He is also, obviously, an accomplished and well-known television actor and media personality.

Chuck Norris is an accomplished practitioner of Karate who has proven his skill in high-level competition and acted in a number of movies and a successful television show, also becoming a well-known actor and media personality.

I view both of them as highly respectable people, though one might quibble with Bear's "lack of purist realism" on the show or Norris's politics and ideologies.

Am I taking this thread too seriously? lol

Thank you sir for pointing that out! I was about to post and state that quite a few folks here are sorely underestimating Mr. Grylis! You have said it so well, I no longer need to post! :D

IronGutsTommy
09-03-2010, 01:12
bears a badass imo. he cuts corners because the tv crew needs a break, not him. besides, even people climbing everest all have help.. theyre called sherpas. the first to summit everest was the sherpa, something norgay was his name, then the englishman summited. having help doesnt make a tv guy a pussy. the croc hunter had ppl with him, but he still chose to go out and do crazy stuff.. r.i.p.
I watch man vs wild for the entertainment, but have no doubt bear can do and has done the simulated stuff in real life conditions

IronGutsTommy
09-04-2010, 21:34
the sherpa was Tenzing Norgay, the hiker was Sir Edmond Hillary. Hillary summits second and get knighted for it. Norgay summited first and was paid a standard sherpa fee, basically peanuts.

4eyedbuzzard
09-04-2010, 22:46
Tenzing actually did quite well as a result of summiting.

"It has been a long road...From a mountain coolie, a bearer of loads, to a wearer of a coat with rows of medals who is carried about in planes and worries about income tax."—Tenzing Norgay

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/everest/history/norgay.html

IronGutsTommy
09-04-2010, 23:04
i stand corrected.. still sad that hillary is credited as the first to summit

Sierra Echo
09-25-2010, 21:41
I want to see Bear Grylls do the Ninja Warrior obstacle course!!!

IronGutsTommy
09-25-2010, 22:16
i love ninja warrior! hed probably do pretty well hes got the upper body strength to do the salmon ladder and might even best the new cliff hanger. jeez could they make that obstacle any harder???
but les strouds show is more reality based, one to watch for realistic techniques for survival (although it didnt seem to help survivorman uber fan Richard Code)
man vs wild may be more tvish, but thats what its on, TV. as Code proved, the shows arent enough to help fans survive, so youre left with watching it for what? Entertainment. in that case man vs wild blows survivorman out of the water, hands down. watching survivorman is like watching golf on TV.. yawn.. the main show sponsor shouldve been Ambien... although Strouds new show , beyond survival, is a big improvement i must say

cabbagehead
08-10-2012, 20:16
I only remember watching part of one Bear episode where he played in the snow. It was too childish for me, so I haven't watched any more since then.

Wanderlost
08-11-2012, 17:16
i love ninja warrior! hed probably do pretty well hes got the upper body strength to do the salmon ladder and might even best the new cliff hanger. jeez could they make that obstacle any harder??

Now wouldn't that be something...? Bear vs Ray Mears vs Les Stroud vs Cody Lundin..???
My money would be 100% on Bear....

On the Everest thing, he (Bear) was not only young, he was the youngest man ever to climb the peak...
He is also, and has been for a while now, Chief Scout - something that IMO can only be good for the Scouting Association...

And with regard to Sir Edmund, he was the first Foreignercredited with reaching the peak.... I doubt very much if many
Tibetans ever went up there "Just because it was there".....:confused:

Saprogenic
08-11-2012, 21:27
Some of you take your tv shows too seriously. One thing your forgetting is that it's television. It was never meant as a "if you don't do exactly as I do you'll die" scenario. He runs around and climbs everywhere because he can, and it makes for less boring tv. Despite the crazy stuff he does, he still has good tips.
I personally like those 'survival' shows mainly because I love the outdoors, and watching someone running around places I'll probably never get to see is nice.
Just because you don't like his show, doesn't mean he's not one tough mother******.

Saprogenic
08-11-2012, 21:28
~
~
Both are excellent.

These are some awesome videos.

Saprogenic
08-11-2012, 21:30
Bear falls down in Antarctica and breaks his shoulder and is airlifted out.

Chuck falls down in Antarctica and the ice shelf breaks off into a piece the size of Texas.

That's awesome. Perfect Norris line.
Ilove the one...
"When Chuck Norris does push-ups, he's not pushing himself up, he's pushing the Earth down!"

trapper
08-14-2012, 08:51
well said.....anyone who does actual research into climbing everest will know you make it to the top you are a stud in my book

Rasty
08-14-2012, 08:59
well said.....anyone who does actual research into climbing everest will know you make it to the top you are a stud in my book

Agree. Most climbers can't even get past 24000' because of breathing problems even using oxygen. The real hero climbers are the Sherpas, they've been to the top multiple times each year fixing ropes before the first "climber" summits.

Chuck Norris would stomp his feet to reduce the elevation to a nice stroll up the hill!

ATMountainTime
08-14-2012, 09:15
Les stroud could beat Bear's tail any day of the week. Espcecially in a cage match, with tables and chairs.

Rasty
08-14-2012, 09:31
Les stroud could beat Bear's tail any day of the week. Espcecially in a cage match, with tables and chairs.

The noticeable diference between Les and Bear is that Les is tired when doing the show. Bear is bright eyed and bushy tailed after his massage and mani/peti at the hotel. Les is doing it, Bear isn't!

Danny Bonaduce could probably take Les and Bear at the same time!

ATMountainTime
08-14-2012, 09:35
That was my thought too, was Les is actually living the wilderness...i dont like to pass judgement but a couple of Bears episodes he got pretty sick eating wilderness foods he probably shouldn't have. Les is doing it solo. But it sure beats the dude Cody Lundin who thinks doing survival barefoot is a fair idea.