PDA

View Full Version : As if bears, snakes, and madmen aren't enough to worry about...

waywardfool
06-03-2009, 22:52
One pot meth labs, sitting in the woods.

http://minnesotafireservice.com/pictures_meth_one_pot.html

Can you imagine picking up "litter" and going ka-boom!?!

laherb
06-03-2009, 23:09
just when you think people can't get anymore worthless they do. that is messed up.

Dogwood
06-03-2009, 23:42
I often wondered, while hiking the PCT in SoCal, how often I came within 10 miles of an underground meth lab. That crap is pure chemical brainrot. I see long time tweakers in Hawaii and many parts of the southwestern U.S. literally paranoid walking zombie junkies from the stuff. Stay away from it!

Homer&Marje
06-04-2009, 05:20
Seen a lot of bad things in my life....none as bad as a meth addict. I found a lady almost dead behind a middle school a couple years ago while out on a morning jog.

I don't KNOW for sure that it was meth... I think she was smoking speed balls (heroin and cocaine mixed) out of a metal socket wrench with some metal scouring pad inside as a catch or screen.

She was smoking out of that little snuffer until the right side of her lips and mouth were seared together. It was nasty. Paramedics said if I didn't call she would have died there.....still dont know what happened....

Just stay away from people picking skin off of their face and arms thinking its bugs.....

CowHead
06-04-2009, 06:41
Yes working substance abuse the crack heads are by far the worst.

mudhead
06-04-2009, 08:04
One pot meth labs, sitting in the woods.

http://minnesotafireservice.com/pictures_meth_one_pot.html

Can you imagine picking up "litter" and going ka-boom!?!

This has been around for a few years in other parts of the country.

Can anyone tell me what this or a functioning meth production smells like.

Other than pungent.

Bound to turn up here. Would not enjoy lifting a Coleman can and shaking it to see if it had fuel in it.

Lil Hipo
06-04-2009, 08:33
Smells like cat pee. Very strong ammonia smell.

Chaco Taco
06-04-2009, 09:02
Found a crack pipe at a road crossing last year

Engine
06-04-2009, 09:38
Meth is the poor white trash answer to crack. It is relatively easy to produce, as evidenced by the chemical geniuses who cook it. It is also one of the more harmful substances people abuse. If you look at the before and after photos (usually jail booking photos) of abusers, they age 20 years in about 6 months.

The labs themselves are hazmat areas and should be avoided at all costs. Inhaling fumes from some of that crap can cause permanent harm and even death if in a confined space.

Here in central Florida, where meth is quite common, the labs are showing up in the woods all over so I wouldn't doubt that is case in other areas as well. Be careful and if you even suspect that you are near such an operation I would highly advise you to vacate the area with much haste.

snowhoe
06-04-2009, 09:55
I hate it because now I have got to stand in line at the phramacy to get advil. Reminds you of old moonshine stills being set up in the woods. Except moonshine is GOOOD! Love the peach yummy!

kyhipo
06-04-2009, 10:00
Sad thing is people cook that crap around their children,sad:mad:ky

Homer&Marje
06-04-2009, 10:21
I hate it because now I have got to stand in line at the phramacy to get advil. Reminds you of old moonshine stills being set up in the woods. Except moonshine is GOOOD! Love the peach yummy!

Advil does not contain pseudoephedrine and has nothing to do with the production of meth. Why would you have to wait at the counter for it? Unless it is some Advil cold product that might contain pseudoephedrine...but I don't think any of them do.

snowhoe
06-04-2009, 10:22
H&M we not only have to wait in line for it but we have got to show a valid state id, and fill out a form with our name and address on it.

Homer&Marje
06-04-2009, 10:44
Sorry to hear that. Didn't realize it was that bad. Little Nazi' esque?

Rockhound
06-04-2009, 11:23
I have heard rumors about Duncannon being the meth capitol of the AT. any trurh to this?

mudhead
06-04-2009, 12:26

Thank you.

Bearpaw
06-04-2009, 12:30
Advil does not contain pseudoephedrine and has nothing to do with the production of meth. Why would you have to wait at the counter for it? Unless it is some Advil cold product that might contain pseudoephedrine...but I don't think any of them do.

It's probably used in the production process. Do you remember Polar Pur for water treatment, the super-concentrated iodine crystals? You added water and the water would become a water treatment solution from the iodine it leeched from the crystals. A thru-hiker could do the whole AT on two of them.

Well, at REI, we had to pull the stuff off the shelves and require customers to see a manager to get one bottle max. Why? The heavily concentrated iodine was highly prized by meth cookers for something in the cooking process. You can't even buy it at REI any more.

snowhoe
06-04-2009, 15:32
Sorry to hear that. Didn't realize it was that bad. Little Nazi' esque?
H&M my fault it is the advil cold and sinus medicine not the regular advil. My fault. Maybe that will shed some light on it.

Turtle2
06-04-2009, 15:42
Smells like strong ammonia (cat pee) and in areas of heavy use look for lots of coffee filters or strips of foil.

One of our Realtors visited a meth house (not knowing) and after 10 minutes was hospitialized fore 2 weeks. This was during a clean-up period. Sad part was the contractor doing the clean-up was letting his kids run all over. Scary.

mooseboy
06-04-2009, 15:48
I remember reading (on Whiteblaze I think) that Rocky Mountain Shelter in Southern PA seemed to be frequented by meth addicts or something-- probably because it's so close to the road.

Any truth to this?

Mrs Baggins
06-04-2009, 15:52
H&M we not only have to wait in line for it but we have got to show a valid state id, and fill out a form with our name and address on it.

Yep, Advil Sinus was the best stuff I'd found for sinus pain/congestion. Then I went to Target one day to get some and all I could do was take a tag off of a rack, go the pharmacy, and prove who I was to get it. Completely absurd.

take-a-knee
06-04-2009, 17:26
I wouldn't be overly concerned about the hazards associated with the meth labs themselves. Just back off and don't take any huge breaths. I would be a lot more concerned about acute lead poisoning from the Glock or the AR-15 the meth-cooker will ALWAYS have with him. These people have chosen criminal activities for a living, deal exclusively in cash, usually large amounts of it at a time. They are ALL packing heat and will likely ventilate your A$$. Remember that the next time one of these hands-across-the water kumbaya types chides another WB'er for packing a pistol.

snowhoe
06-04-2009, 17:29
I wouldn't be overly concerned about the hazards associated with the meth labs themselves. Just back off and don't take any huge breaths. I would be a lot more concerned about acute lead poisoning from the Glock or the AR-15 the meth-cooker will ALWAYS have with him. These people have chosen criminal activities for a living, deal exclusively in cash, usually large amounts of it at a time. They are ALL packing heat and will likely ventilate your A$$. Remember that the next time one of these hands-across-the water kumbaya types chides another WB'er for packing a pistol.

Preach on brother take-a-knee. You speak the truth! How you like them apples gun haters?

Homer&Marje
06-04-2009, 19:56

Didn't think about it before, but the multi-family house my father bought that we are currently re-habbing smelled really badly of ammonia when he bought the place... we thought it was just the last tenants who might have pee'd on the carpet but maybe it was used as a meth lab. It was a pretty bad neighborhood a few years ago....seems to be clearing up. And it's right behind our local courthouse. So it's always got its flow of interesting characters.

YoungMoose
06-04-2009, 20:29
thats what we call low life's.

callook66
06-05-2009, 06:00
Now thats whats I call trail magic!!