PDA

View Full Version : Good Trail Runnners?

joehiker22
06-06-2009, 15:24
What are the current favorite trail runner shoes?

I'm looking for a durable pair for this summer.

JJJ
06-06-2009, 16:26
Can't say I've put mine to the test, but lots of runners are raving about the Montrail Masochist.
The Inov8 Roclite series is worth checking too.

If the shoe doesn't feel good on your foot, doesn't matter how good it's claimed to be.

Mocs123
06-06-2009, 17:08
I like the Salomon XA Pro 3D's but shoe fit is such a personal thing. I have a narrow heel and the Salomons seem to do well with that. So well in fact I noticed they now have a wide version of the shoe. They must have been losing business because most people have wider feet than me. Mine last about 600 miles or so. The bottoms and Kevlar laces are fine but the rest of the shoe is looking pretty rough.

clured
06-06-2009, 18:28
IMHO the Montrail Hardrock is the perfect trail shoe for non-desert hiking (in the desert you want a little more ventilation). Pop a superfeet insole in them, and you're good to go. I have 3000+ miles in them, and I can count the number of blisters I've had on one hand.

ZeroC
06-06-2009, 18:43
I use the Salomon Exit Aeros, they're a little cheaper then the XAs but i haven't had a problem with them. They might not breath as well but i think they might hold up a little better since they're more leather and less mesh then the XAs. I'll give the XAs a try i'm sure too.