PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Trail Maintainers

Taba
06-07-2009, 14:38
Last year, when I hiked over the summit of Mt. Mitchell on the MST, I encountered around 40 challenging blow-downs. That wasn't how I wanted to end my 16 mile day. It seemed like I was bush-whacking the Amazon. This year I had the same plan. To run 4 days over the mountain from highway to highway and ending this year on that same 16 mile day. To my delight the trail was clear and so much more fun to run on. Thank You, Trail Maintainers. You did a wonderful job out there and I know you had your work cut out for you or was it the other way around and you had to cut out the work.

Thank you,
Taba

TJ aka Teej
06-07-2009, 19:13
Great post, Taba!

Taba
06-16-2009, 16:45
Once again I wanted to say thanks,
I had a challenge hiking through some areas last year. They must have heard my cries. The trail is clear through all 13 sections I have done so far on my hike this year.

Thank you and keep up the awesomeness.

One other thing: If someone wants to run from the Linville River up to Shortoff Mountain with a machete that would be great. It is over grown with thorny bushes that are sometimes over head and makes the trail hard to find sometimes.

Taba

Tennessee Viking
06-16-2009, 20:28
I just joined the FMST so I don't think I need any credit just yet. But I will pass along the word. How far did you hike?

With the MST being part of the Linville Gorge system, I think Outward Bound might be in charge of that section.

Taba
06-17-2009, 03:32
I have hiked from Clingman's Dome to Boone so far. I will be taking a day off tomorrow. It will be my first official zero day of the journey. There are limited challenges this year because of the people who cleared it up. I have been out for 30 days and it feels like I have only been out for a week.

Viking: I wish to thank you for what you think to be an minimal effort you are part of the beginning of something huge that is happening on the MST. It really is a wonderful adventure and an experience worth living. There is a license plate here in North Carolina that reads "Share The Journey" Let's do what they tell us!

Taba