PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Sauce/Frosting - Yum!

sarbar
06-08-2009, 16:54
My friend Catzia found this product (well, a photo of it...then I Googled to find what it was):
http://chocolate9.com/

This stuff is addicting. You can eat it straight or you can use it as frosting, in your coffee.....

It doesn't taste earthy, weird and isn't all hippy tasting either.

:banana

And it is super shelf stable as well. Bonus!

YoungMoose
06-08-2009, 19:10
Look pretty expensive

Snowleopard
06-08-2009, 19:16
Chocolate number 9???? Or, formerly known as:
Love Potion number 9!
http://www.azchords.com/s/searchers-tabs-5527/lovepotionno9-tabs-158879.html

sarbar
06-08-2009, 19:25
Look pretty expensive

Not particularly based on how much many products cost for hiking. I would consider it an "affordable luxury". Of course I would be first to admit that I don't watch my pennies when it comes to food - if I like it, I buy it. I'd rather eat well than say have have a new car ;) We eat mostly organic food at home - no McDonald Dollar Menu for me!

peakbagger
06-08-2009, 21:57
Hard to beat Nutella !

sarbar
06-08-2009, 23:18
Hard to beat Nutella !
I'd agree - I love Nutella. This is nut free though - and not high in fat. While I love my fatty Nutella, currently it isn't something I can eat (due to said high fat!)

LaurieAnn
06-09-2009, 10:33
The problem with this product is that it is basically agave syrup and cocoa with no nutritional benefit. Also, with Nutella, there is only 6 grams of fat.

Now to address the diabetic advertising of this Chocolate9 product. While it has a low glycemic index, which is great under normal conditions, when hiking my blood glucose can drop to the point of hypoglycemia so I, like many diabetics, have to have something a lot faster acting than this product.

LaurieAnn
06-09-2009, 10:39
I meant to add that peanut butter (like the standard Kraft variety) has 8 grams of fat per serving so the Nutella is a bit lower.

Dicentra
06-09-2009, 12:21
Sar - I know you sent me the link to this, but where can I find it locally? In my coffee you say???:D

sarbar
06-09-2009, 12:56
Sar - I know you sent me the link to this, but where can I find it locally? In my coffee you say???:D

I need to see if Wallgreen's or Bartell's carries it - supposedly some drugstores do back in the diabetic food section. If not, I am going to order a case in the next week or so - you can just mooch off of me. I'd like to have some more before the next shindig in 2 weeks!

Dicentra
06-09-2009, 13:02
I need to see if Wallgreen's or Bartell's carries it - supposedly some drugstores do back in the diabetic food section. If not, I am going to order a case in the next week or so - you can just mooch off of me. I'd like to have some more before the next shindig in 2 weeks!

Sweet. I'm all about the mooching! :)

I'll look around here too... I need to go to the drugstore anyway, and the Wallgreen's by my house usually has interesting hiker food.

johnnybgood
06-09-2009, 17:52
My friend Catzia found this product (well, a photo of it...then I Googled to find what it was):
http://chocolate9.com/

This stuff is addicting. You can eat it straight or you can use it as frosting, in your coffee.....

It doesn't taste earthy, weird and isn't all hippy tasting either.

:banana

And it is super shelf stable as well. Bonus!
What is hippy taste like ?:-?

sarbar
06-09-2009, 18:28
What is hippy taste like ?:-?

Crunchy granola hempish with a side of patchouli :D Lol.......

Lets just say remember when organic and natural foods all tasted like stale cardboard? This doesn't.

Mrs Baggins
06-09-2009, 19:16
When I was a kid one of my all time favorite things to find in my lunch box was graham crackers - two squares of them with chocolate frosting in between. Super easy for a trail meal - two squares of graham crackers with any flavor of canned frosting in the middle.

ki0eh
06-09-2009, 19:51
...cocoa with no nutritional benefit.

Aw c'mon, cocoa always has nutritional benefit (http://www.allchocolate.com/health/basics/) ! ;)

sarbar
06-09-2009, 22:32
Chocolate has plenty of emotional benefit.

:D That makes it good enough fer me to carry!

PS: Mrs. Baggins? No way, I LOVED doing that with grahams as well. Er, um......I still do. I mean, the boy loves it now. Yes! That is the answer!

Hehheh!

JokerJersey
06-10-2009, 00:52
While this has nothing to do with the product described, I still remember the looks I got from the guys in my platoon when I would sit down with the hot chocolate powder from our MRE's, mix it with the non-dairy creamer that came with the condiment pack, pour in a little water, then spread it out over the nasty lemon pound cake desserts. If you got just the right mixture, it came out something like the really thick Betty Crocker fudge frosting. Guess it was one, but not the only, reason I got dubbed Lunchbox when we were in Iraq. They laughed until they tried it, but only until they tried it. :D

Amazing how something that simple can take something so nasty and turn it into something approaching edible status.

And yes, S'mores are probably the closest I've ever come to heaven on earth, at least in the food department.

Jayboflavin04
06-10-2009, 09:33
Iced graham crackers...mmmm....thanks for the idea.

sarbar
06-10-2009, 13:08
The new rage on the trail: a tub o' Betty Crocker's finest and a spoon. And or dipping in Mars Bars in it.

:D

CowHead
06-10-2009, 14:47
I must be weird I like dry fruits and not the chocolates and such

humunuku
06-11-2009, 12:38
Hard to beat Nutella !

when i was in europe last year, many places had single searving nutella packs...i stocked up. I haven't seen them in this country

sarbar
06-11-2009, 14:05
when i was in europe last year, many places had single searving nutella packs...i stocked up. I haven't seen them in this country

Cost Plus World Market has them :) About the only place though I have seen them. Not cheap either....about a buck each.