PDA

View Full Version : Vasque Blur or Salomon XA Comp

hikergirl1120
06-09-2009, 13:35
Anyone had expereience with either?? Have a deal from REI so I am going to buy online...I KNOW that I am going to try them on to REALLY know but some feedback before I roder would be awesome!

Lyle
06-09-2009, 13:37
I have used the Blurs for a couple of years now, very happy. I did replace the insole with Superfeet.

I consider myself fairly easy on shoes/boots, even when hiking.

hikergirl1120
06-09-2009, 13:41
I had a pair of Salomon boots before and didn't like the soles....Years ago now though

Alligator
06-09-2009, 13:44
I'm on my second pair of XA Comps. I like them a lot. The one issue I had with them was the mesh on the first pair ripped near attachment. Salomon altered the design some and it seems better reinforced where it ripped. I like the speed laces and never had any issues with those. They dry fast in the sun.

bigcranky
06-09-2009, 14:56
I am on my 4th pair of XA Comps. (The mesh, not the Goretex.) Love 'em. I have had the same durability issues as Alligator, though my latest pair has the problem in a different spot (in the little "garage" for the laces, rather than along the outside edge of my foot.)

I still love 'em.

hikergirl1120
06-09-2009, 14:57
I ordered the Vasques....I will let you know

Jim Adams
06-09-2009, 21:52
Vasques and Salomons fit my feet the best and I've used both. I like the Salomons alittle better but for no other reason than personal preference. Good luck, the Vasques should do you well.

geek

Speakeasy
06-29-2009, 14:28
I picked up a pair of XA Comps and don't really care for them. I took them for a run and it was like running in slippers. I guess they are just not "beefy" enough for me. I also picked up a pair of TNF trail runners and they are pretty comfy to run in but don't really seem built for any kind of longevity. Now I have a pair of Vasque Blurs (boots) and they seem pretty comfortable but I'm waiting for some green Superfeet before I start breaking them in. I hope I like them because I'm rather partial to boots. I'm also picking up a pair of Keen Newports.... Decisions, decisions:D

Speakeasy