PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight and refueling.

JAK
06-10-2009, 15:27
I've been farily successful losing weight by hiking and running and dieting, but I'm still not sure how to balance dieting and refueling. I'm starting to run more now, and some days I am really stale, not just because I haven't recovered but also because I haven't sufficiently restored my carb stores. Some dehydration might be involved also, along with the lower glycogen levels, but I try and stay topped up. I'm losing weight at a moderate pace for diet combined with exercise at about 2 pounds a week, but how do I restore glycogen levels without overdoing it? I'm thinking of maybe varying the food I eat according to training days, but still not sure when and how much to eat extra. Not alot of info out there on losing weight while running, etc.

I'm between 200 and 205 now, and I've gotten into fairly decent running shape mostly with shorter distance quality work so far, and long walks. I've joined a track club with my daughter and so I train or race twice a week so far, and posted a 6:30 mile time and hope to get it down to 6 minutes at 200 pounds, then doing more conventional 5k/10k/20k type training. Want to get my weight down to 170 poounds, and have my running times fall accordingly.

So how do I refuel and recover to run hard again, and still lose weight?

wrongway_08
06-10-2009, 15:37
Just hit up GNC and buy some of the powder muscle mass junk they sell. I use the stuff in a large red bucket, cost about $50.00 for a three week supply (depends how much you use of it).

I dont get the muscle soreness and can run/bike/lift days at a time without bonking.