PDA

View Full Version : H20 on Standing Indian Mountain at the Campsite

Survivor Dave
06-12-2009, 00:34
Has anyone camped on Standing Indian Mountain(NC) at the camping area in the last week or so? Although it has been fairly wet, is the water source up there flowing fairly well or is it a dribbler?

Survivor Dave
06-12-2009, 17:53
Bump. Anyone been up there in the last week?

Marta
06-12-2009, 17:56
Sorry, I haven't been there in a while. Given all the rain we've had lately, though, I can't imagine there's any sort of water shortage.

Survivor Dave
06-12-2009, 18:14
Sorry, I haven't been there in a while. Given all the rain we've had lately, though, I can't imagine there's any sort of water shortage.

Thanks Marta. What is the source at the campsite at the summit?

MintakaCat
06-12-2009, 18:38
I guess I’m not sure what campground you’re talking about. There is a very good source of water at the shelter called Little Lyman Prong that is always flowing. At the summit of Standing Indian Mountain there is a small spring. If you’re headed to the summit from Deep Gap, about 40 yards before the junction of the Lower Ridge Trail there is a sidepath to the left that leads to it. It was flowing slowly but steady about a month ago.

The Standing Indian Campground in the valley is a RV campground with running water (and showers!)

Hope that helps.

Survivor Dave
06-12-2009, 18:44
At the summit of Standing Indian Mountain there is a small spring.

Yeah, thanks. I was looking for the source at the summit.

Marta
06-12-2009, 19:23
The source for the shelter is not terribly close. If you're hiking SOBO, the blue blazed trail to the shelter is on the left of the AT. The water source is to the right of the AT, and downhill from it.

Survivor Dave
06-12-2009, 19:41
Yeah, thanks. I was looking for the source at the summit.

The source for the shelter is not terribly close. If you're hiking SOBO, the blue blazed trail to the shelter is on the left of the AT. The water source is to the right of the AT, and downhill from it.

Thanks Marta, I appreciate it. I was looking for the summit source and found it on the AT Database here.

Dave

Marta
06-14-2009, 20:16
Thanks Marta, I appreciate it. I was looking for the summit source and found it on the AT Database here.

Dave

Sometimes I'm a bit slow. My eyes saw "S-U-M-M-I-T" and my brain heard "S-H-E-L-T-E-R.":rolleyes:

Hopefully I'll do better next time, and I'm glad you found out what you needed to know.