PDA

View Full Version : Gear List

Jo-To
06-13-2009, 23:08
Well I finally got around to getting everything together for my section hike.I plan on starting at Milam Gap and ending at Bear's Den,and since I'm bored now I thought I'd list it for everyone to see. If anyone has any feedback feel free to let me know.I could always use new opinions.

-Kelty bag
-Foam pad cut down to size
-tent(havent decided which one yet)

-Keen boots
-(1pr)Convertable pants
-(2) shirts
-(3pr)socks
-(2pr)underwear/compession shorts
-(1pr)camp shorts
-(1pr)flip-flops
-(2) bandannas
-Marrot precip rain jacket
-Hat

-Trekking poles
-Leatherman
-Headlamp
-MSR Pocketrocket,fuel,pot,spork
-First-aid kit
-1/4 roll t/p
-food bag/rope
-Bug spray/sun block

Thanks for reading!

Jo-To
06-14-2009, 12:59
Just picked up a Big Anges Seedhouse SL1. Just got back from the outfitter and set it up in the yard. Love it !!

Lyle
06-14-2009, 13:26
When are you going?

Well I finally got around to getting everything together for my section hike.I plan on starting at Milam Gap and ending at Bear's Den,and since I'm bored now I thought I'd list it for everyone to see. If anyone has any feedback feel free to let me know.I could always use new opinions.

-Kelty bag
-Foam pad cut down to size
-tent(havent decided which one yet)

-Keen boots
-(1pr)Convertable pants
-(2) shirts one long one short sleeved?
-(3pr)socks
-(2pr)underwear/compession shorts generally not needed
-(1pr)camp shorts not needed
-(1pr)flip-flops
-(2) bandannas
-Marrot precip rain jacket
-Hat

-Trekking poles
-Leatherman micro? otherwise, too heavy and not necessary
-Headlamp
-MSR Pocketrocket,fuel,pot,spork
-First-aid kit
-1/4 roll t/p
-food bag/rope
-Bug spray/sun block

Thanks for reading!

Don't see much insulation layers - fleece or primaloft sweater or vest?
Water bottles, bladder, purification?
Map/compass?
I usually like to carry a lightweight set of polypros incase it turns cool/cold. Good insurance Real nice for cool evenings around camp. Cheap/light/compress well. And can take the place of your long-sleeved shirt.

Looks good for summer.

Jo-To
06-14-2009, 13:45
I should be heading out around 6/25. I was out about the same time/place last year and didnt really have the need for the long sleeves,so I decided to leave them home this year.Yes the leatherman is one of the smaller ones,similar to a swiss army knife. I totally forgot to write down my 1.5 liter bladder,24 oz bottle and water filter. All three are on my checklist at home and with my gear,just forgot them last night. Also forgot to write down my maps,and journal.
Whats the reason for not needing the underwear or camp shorts?

Thanks for the advice,glad you mentioned some of those so I know to recheck my list before leaving.I usually end up bringing the things not needed and forgetting the important stuff.

Lyle
06-14-2009, 13:52
Personal choice on underwear. Most guys seem to have less problem with chafing if they go commando and let things breath better. You will have your convertible shorts, I never saw the need for two pair.

Jo-To
06-18-2009, 16:12
I just picked up my new pack cover today. Now I'm finishing up dehydrating some more food and all is looking good.All said and done I should still be under 30lbs.

LiamNZ
06-20-2009, 03:28
I should be heading out around 6/25. I was out about the same time/place last year and didnt really have the need for the long sleeves,so I decided to leave them home this year.Yes the leatherman is one of the smaller ones,similar to a swiss army knife. I totally forgot to write down my 1.5 liter bladder,24 oz bottle and water filter. All three are on my checklist at home and with my gear,just forgot them last night. Also forgot to write down my maps,and journal.
Whats the reason for not needing the underwear or camp shorts?

Thanks for the advice,glad you mentioned some of those so I know to recheck my list before leaving.I usually end up bringing the things not needed and forgetting the important stuff.

I really think you should take some layers, just in case. Conditions can change very easily and you should be prepared. Its better to have it and not need it....

Jo-To
06-23-2009, 12:22
With the way the weather has been lately I decided it would be better to take some warmer layers...just incase. I'm still around 31.5 with all food and supplies.I leave Wednesday. See ya all when i get back!