PDA

View Full Version : Duncannon to Harrisburg?

mooseboy
06-14-2009, 15:49
Hi!

I may finish a section hike in Duncannon (staying at the Doyle 1 night) later this month or in July, and would then need to get into Harrisburg's Amtrak station to get home.

I realize that I'd probably need someone to shuttle me into town; just wondering if I can leave this till I'm, say, a day outside of Duncannon to call someone? Or just show up at the Doyle and be able to find a ride within a day?

I also found a bus that runs from "Amity Hall" 2 mi. N of Duncannon into downtown Harrisburg. Is that an option if a shuttle falls through?

Thanks for any advice!:cool:

Compass
06-15-2009, 22:56
The kind folks at the Doyle hooked me up with a ride to Harrisbug PA train station with a local (John I think) going to work at 5:30 AM. It was the fall of 2007 and it cost me $20 and took about 30 minutes. Do not stress about missing your train because Amtrak will apply your ticket price to the price of the train you do catch.

Good Luck and have a great hike.

Nasty Dog Virus
06-16-2009, 07:05
I sent you a msg mooseboy. I might be able to give you a ride depending on the day.

Alligator
06-16-2009, 09:16
PM trailangelmary here at WB as well, she might be able to help you find a ride.

RadioFreq
06-24-2009, 20:41
Hi!

I may finish a section hike in Duncannon (staying at the Doyle 1 night) later this month or in July, and would then need to get into Harrisburg's Amtrak station to get home.

I realize that I'd probably need someone to shuttle me into town; just wondering if I can leave this till I'm, say, a day outside of Duncannon to call someone? Or just show up at the Doyle and be able to find a ride within a day?

I also found a bus that runs from "Amity Hall" 2 mi. N of Duncannon into downtown Harrisburg. Is that an option if a shuttle falls through?

Thanks for any advice!:cool:

I got a ride to an airport motel from Trailangel Mary a couple of weeks ago. She's very willing to help out hikers. And if she does give you a lift you get to sign her car. My signature is on the trunk.

dzierzak
07-02-2009, 11:52
I got a ride to the Harrisburg Amtrak from Larry - a Duncannon local who does rides for donations. Timely and friendly. His phone number is on the bulletin board at the Doyle - Vickie pointed it out. Wish I had more time to stay there :(.

Just Ed

tiptoe
07-07-2009, 15:41
Another vote for Larry. The cost for the shuttle from the Doyle to the Harrisburg train station was $20 (split by me and another hiker). I believe his number is 717-877-1091.

mooseboy
07-10-2009, 12:38
Thanks for all the info, everyone! This hike may get pushed to August, so I can enjoy the Cumberland Valley's sweltering summer sun... :rolleyes: I'll probably be giving one of those folks a call.