PDA

View Full Version : im sick of the "newbie" thing

PUNKINPUSS11
06-15-2009, 08:40
Nobody here came out of there mothers womb with leki trekking poles!!! Everyone here was a "newbie" at one time.... So instead of dogging start educating. Alot of hikers do one big hike and they get this chip on their shoulders like they r gods. Relax!!!!!

CaseyB
06-15-2009, 08:52
Gogetumpunkin!!!

woodsy
06-15-2009, 08:56
Personally, I prefer the term "Pilgrims"

Rockhound
06-15-2009, 09:18
Just call it a right of passage. Get some thick skin and don't take things personally newbie.:D

Lone Wolf
06-15-2009, 09:25
Nobody here came out of there mothers womb with leki trekking poles!!! Everyone here was a "newbie" at one time.... So instead of dogging start educating. Alot of hikers do one big hike and they get this chip on their shoulders like they r gods. Relax!!!!!

huh? :-?.......

Heater
06-15-2009, 09:27

Freakin' newbie. :rolleyes:

DAJA
06-15-2009, 09:39

Don't worry, many AT hikers even the thru hikers lack seriously when it comes to real outdoor experience or knowledge.

Most that attempt and even many that complete the AT wouldn't have a clue how to navigate a forest without it being well travelled and white blazes painted on the trees. Many would have no idea how to read a map and compass.

Most wouldn't have a clue how to make a fire if their bic failed.

Most have no idea about edible plants or even the difference between a spurce and balsum fir.

The reality is, most AT hikers simply slap on a bunch of synthetic gear, and walk for six months and at the end feel they are expert hikers... Unfortunetely, most would suffer tremendously if ever actually put to the test in bad situation...

But hey, at least they get out there and enjoy the outdoors...

So no worries, just be confident in your own skills and don't put to much stock in the opinions of the experts...

CowHead
06-15-2009, 09:42
And above all HYOH

Heater
06-15-2009, 09:43
And above all HYOH

What does HYOH mean?

Alligator
06-15-2009, 09:45
It's spruce and balsam fir;).

Blue Jay
06-15-2009, 09:47
Actually once you complete your first thru you do become a demigod. :banana Unfortunately it's only in your own mind. It is still much better than a patch. After your second you become hiker trash, if you have not done so already. It's quite the come down.

RITBlake
06-15-2009, 09:48

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/rain3dfx/wambulance.jpg

Blue Jay
06-15-2009, 09:50

This is true, that's why we carry more than one.

Blue Jay
06-15-2009, 09:55
You know I always thought HYOH meant Spruse and Balsam fir, which is vastly superior to the weird other meaning.

Heater
06-15-2009, 09:56
You know I always thought HYOH meant Spruse and Balsam fir, which is vastly superior to the weird other meaning.

What is the weird other meaning?

:confused:

Alligator
06-15-2009, 09:58
If everyone is going to be arguing about these two trees can we at least get the spelling correct? S P R U C E and B A L S A M F I R ;).

Alligator
06-15-2009, 09:59
Oh just forget it. There's more than one spruce anyway:p.

DAJA
06-15-2009, 10:00
If everyone is going to be arguing about trees can we at least get the spelling correct? S P R U C E;).

Sorry Alligator, my bad... Luckly my spelling and editing skills will have little impact on my outdoor experience!

Heater
06-15-2009, 10:04
"If everyone is going to be arguing about these two trees can we at least get the spelling correct? S P R U C E and B A L S A M F I R"

Are you trying to put some kind of subliminal message in our minds, you devious son of a bitch?

Not falling for it.

Homer&Marje
06-15-2009, 10:07
What's hiking?

Alligator
06-15-2009, 10:08
No way. It's common knowledge that everyone on WB has a tin foil hat.

Heater
06-15-2009, 10:10
What's hiking?

And what is HYOH?

Pootz
06-15-2009, 10:28

I am not sure if this is a real thread or just one created by the regulars for something to do. But if it is real then I guess Punkin has now learned that white blaze is not a hiking site, it is a site created so that the WB regulars can have something to do while they are not hiking.

Each and every thread becomes their own private social. I do not like the hijacking of every thread or the negativity. I for one will be seriously considering not be renewing my membership to WB. So all you regulars can feel good about possibly driving away another donating member. And by the way I do not see donating member by some of your names.

P.S. I had Black Diamond poles attached to my hands right after birth. It helped with my balance during the early years. And the flick locks made adjusting them to my ever changing height much easier.

Heater
06-15-2009, 10:30
I am not sure if this is a real thread or just one created by the regulars for something to do. But if it is real then I guess Punkin has now learned that white blaze is not a hiking site, it is a site created so that the WB regulars can have something to do while they are not hiking.

Each and every thread becomes their own private social. I do not like the hijacking of every thread or the negativity. I for one will be seriously considering not be renewing my membership to WB. So all you regulars can feel good about possibly driving away another donating member. And by the way I do not see donating member by some of your names.

P.S. I had Black Diamond poles attached to my hands right after birth. It helped with my balance during the early years. And the flick locks made adjusting them to my ever changing height much easier.

Sorry... Poots

So. do you know the meaning of HYOH?

woodsy
06-15-2009, 10:46
HYOH: hang your own hammock !

Old Grouse
06-15-2009, 10:51
It's the first thing the Lone Ranger always says to Silver.

StarLyte
06-15-2009, 10:59
The term being created on the Internet itself, "newbie" can mean many different things.

I would be a "newbie" on the Trail from PA/NY border up to Katahdin even though I've been hiking on the AT as many years as some of you are in age :eek:

Hang in there...soon they'll be another word created and you'll be old news.

:sun

StarLyte
06-15-2009, 10:59
It's the first thing the Lone Ranger always says to Silver.

HA! I like that!

CowHead
06-15-2009, 11:05
What does HYOH mean?
Hike your own Hike

CowHead
06-15-2009, 11:08
which should not be confuse with the HMHDI which alot of folks feel you must. For those who don't know that its (Hike My Hike Damn It)

rhjanes
06-15-2009, 11:11
speaking of which, I study that...CLICK THIS (http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/)

Fiddleback
06-15-2009, 11:15
Newbies are newbies and have their own issues. But some of the worse, mean-spirited comments I've seen have come from the some of the most senior White Blaze members.

I think we should limit posting to those who are kinda not too new, not too old, but just right.:-?

FB;)

Hikes in Rain
06-15-2009, 11:16
Well, the downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious. It's sad, really.

Tin Man
06-15-2009, 11:43

The 'regulars' lost faith and stopped donating when the censorship of the 'regulars' started who were merely trying to chase the nasty trolls away. So now the nasty trolls are enabled and the 'regulars' have to be a little nicer about dissing the trolls. :rolleyes: takes more bandwidth and more nonsense... and less donating as a result... but hey, its the internet... have fun :)

Punkinpuss, if you want to be serious about any questions, start a straight forward thread. many good folks happy to help without the attitude. best wishes.

Rockhound
06-15-2009, 12:23
Don't worry, many AT hikers even the thru hikers lack seriously when it comes to real outdoor experience or knowledge.

Most that attempt and even many that complete the AT wouldn't have a clue how to navigate a forest without it being well travelled and white blazes painted on the trees. Many would have no idea how to read a map and compass.

Most have no idea about edible plants or even the difference between a spurce and balsum fir.

The reality is, most AT hikers simply slap on a bunch of synthetic gear, and walk for six months and at the end feel they are expert hikers... Unfortunetely, most would suffer tremendously if ever actually put to the test in bad situation...

But hey, at least they get out there and enjoy the outdoors...

So no worries, just be confident in your own skills and don't put to much stock in the opinions of the experts...
Wow! You seem like a real outdoorsman/survivalist. Thanks for taking the time to share your vast knowledge with all us newbies.

Tin Man
06-15-2009, 12:27
Wow! You seem like a real outdoorsman/survivalist. Thanks for taking the time to share your vast knowledge with all us newbies.

well, we are talking mostly about hiking a newbie trail, the AT. good thing we have folks like him to keep us straight and off real trails. :rolleyes:

DAJA
06-15-2009, 12:37

Your most welcome... But my intent was to suggest to the OP not to take the WB attitude to seriously because many AT hikers have little to no outdoor experience other than following a blazed trail for 2000 miles... Many may as well be walking on the side of the road or a sidewalk...

Nor do I feel I have a vast knowledge... I have no doubt I'd feel incredibly out of my element in a jungle or desert or even at high elevations. But in the North East, i'm confident I could survive indefinitely if forced to off the land... I can thank my father for that, he was diligent at ensuring my brother and I understood and could survive in the bush if need be... I'm no survivor man, but I could manage if forced to...

Alligator
06-15-2009, 12:47
Pootz-There are different groups/cliques as well as a range of viewpoints within the membership of WB. It's a balancing act between competing philosophies. Unfortunately when we make concessions to one group/individual, someone else is unhappy.

Today's troll is tomorrow's buddy. Not everyone who seems a troll is actually one. We have to allow for a broad range of diversity because all of you are weird:D. It's what your non-hiking friends tell you isn't it;).

Lemni Skate
06-15-2009, 12:54
I think a good rule of thumb on the trail is this: You can generally hang at shelters and the like with any backpackers and have a good time. They're an accepting lot and will encourage you and make you smile.

However, if any of them mentions "WhiteBlaze.net" you know they are pricks and they will be on here making fun of you as soon as they get off they trail. This is an example of when you should just move on. If a shelter crowd makes you uncomfortable then move on. Nothing will make you uncomfortable quicker than a WBer.

Tin Man
06-15-2009, 13:03
I think a good rule of thumb on the trail is this: You can generally hang at shelters and the like with any backpackers and have a good time. They're an accepting lot and will encourage you and make you smile.

However, if any of them mentions "WhiteBlaze.net" you know they are pricks and they will be on here making fun of you as soon as they get off they trail. This is an example of when you should just move on. If a shelter crowd makes you uncomfortable then move on. Nothing will make you uncomfortable quicker than a WBer.

what crawled up your butt and died? nothing further from the truth... meeting in real life often brings about friendship and understanding, not this bs you speak of... unless you are seriously 'tarded. :)

Mags
06-15-2009, 13:14
....plus if you lose your sleeping bag, food, shelter, warm clothing, map, etc to marauding bands of grizzly bears with opposable thumbs, you just might need to make a fire. :p

Lemni Skate
06-15-2009, 13:16
What you say may be true but there is no proof of that on this site.

I can only go by what I see on here.

Lemni Skate
06-15-2009, 13:19
oh yeah, I just met a thru-hiker named "Tinman" in SNP at a hiker feed last Saturday. I doubt you are him (as he was last sited crossing into Pennsylvania on the trail), but maybe you're in town using a library computer). If you're him...my son thought you were cool.

Tin Man
06-15-2009, 13:26
oh yeah, I just met a thru-hiker named "Tinman" in SNP at a hiker feed last Saturday. I doubt you are him (as he was last sited crossing into Pennsylvania on the trail), but maybe you're in town using a library computer). If you're him...my son thought you were cool.

i'm not that tinman, but i am cool :cool:

Lemni Skate
06-15-2009, 13:30
Well...my son thinking you are cool does not equal really being cool anyway.

Monkeyboy
06-15-2009, 13:38

Well, just because some of us are hiking gods...... just kidding.

You will find that kind of person in anything and everything you do. There is always are person that thinks no matter how you do it, there way is better. Just smile and agree with them and do it your way anyway.

:welcome

Bearpaw
06-15-2009, 14:08
What you say may be true but there is no proof of that on this site.

I can only go by what I see on here.

I met a fair number of WB'ers on the AT before this site existed. Many are a good bit different from how they appear online. For me personally, I'm more restrained on this site and more of a wild child out there in the real world. Some curmudgeons here are pretty great folks out there.

Spend more time on the trail. That's where the proof is at.

CowHead
06-15-2009, 14:20
I find that this site offers wisdom, humor and the occasional I must say sarcasm, but thats just what you will find in the first few post. After that it gets back to is there such a thing as a Warraghiyagey, UFO, BigFoot or his little brother tiny toe.

Pootz
06-15-2009, 14:20
[quote=Tin Man;854196]The 'regulars' lost faith and stopped donating when the censorship of the 'regulars' started who were merely trying to chase the nasty trolls away. So now the nasty trolls are enabled and the 'regulars' have to be a little nicer about dissing the trolls. :rolleyes: takes more bandwidth and more nonsense... and less donating as a result... but hey, its the internet... have fun :)

Censorship by the powers above is the last thing I want. What I want is for the users of WB to use a little common sense:

Donate money to WB if you regularly use the site if you can afford it.

Remember the people asking questions are usually new hikers who are excited about hiking and the AT. They are looking for real answers and others who are positive and share their enthusiasm. Please do not make coments that will take away from this.

Restrict your replies to something based on the original thread or something that in some way going to help answer the original question.
Comedy threads are fun, but hijacking a serious thread and turning it into one takes away from the original question.

belittling someone for their lack of knowledge or different style of hiking is unnecessary and shows your ignorance.

Do not give advise unless you have real experience and knowledge on the topic.

We all know your views on shelters, water treatment, purists, thru hiking etc. No need to be negative. "shelters suck" is not what someone is looking for when they ask shelter questions.

If the regulars want to talk to each other they can start a new thread. If they want to belittle someone or talk off topic do it on threads they create. These comments are taking away from the intent of this site and causing many to avoid the site all together.

Lemni Skate
06-15-2009, 14:36
Believe it or not most first timers here end up here because they have tried a search engine to find out something about the Appalachian Trail.

Nean
06-15-2009, 14:41

Perhaps not lekis, but surely destined to be a hiker/god- as I was born w/ three legs....:)
This has been an enjoyable thread to read as I'm in to beat the heat. :sun Working and living on the trail was interesting (to me) in that I got to meet so many people. In cyberspace it seems like most hikers are WBers, but on the trail its kinda like the real world :eek: and most haven't heard of this site. Most WB/trail newbies had not applied the advice passed here and still carried too much but were on their way to figuring it out- in real life. Look at all the people on this site who had to actually (?) carry 60lbs! before they figured out (read a book r sumpin) 30lbs is easier. Thank those gods indeed.:rolleyes:
I visit this site for the entertanment value mostly. Beats TV and you can have a laugh untill a troll gets ya...:D

JokerJersey
06-15-2009, 14:42
Believe it or not most first timers here end up here because they have tried a search engine to find out something about the Appalachian Trail.

Well, either that or the fact that the official ATC websites lists this among the websites recommends to find out more info about the trail. That's how I wound up here.

To the OP....Just go hike. Start off slow, so if you mess up it isn't a big deal, and work up from there. You sound like I did about 2 months ago when I first got here. Ignore it, do what you want, hike how you want, wear what you want...the opinions and comments of WBer's aren't going to get you to the end of the trail, only you can do that.

CowHead
06-15-2009, 14:49
Perhaps not lekis, but surely destined to be a hiker/god- as I was born w/ three legs....:)
This has been an enjoyable thread to read as I'm in to beat the heat. :sun Working and living on the trail was interesting (to me) in that I got to meet so many people. In cyberspace it seems like most hikers are WBers, but on the trail its kinda like the real world :eek: and most haven't heard of this site. Most WB/trail newbies had not applied the advice passed here and still carried too much but were on their way to figuring it out- in real life. Look at all the people on this site who had to actually (?) carry 60lbs! before they figured out (read a book r sumpin) 30lbs is easier. Thank those gods indeed.:rolleyes:
I visit this site for the entertanment value mostly. Beats TV and you can have a laugh untill a troll gets ya...:D

Amen and Amen other than whiskey where else can you get this much fun and alot less hungover

Monkeyboy
06-15-2009, 14:55
[quote=Tin Man;854196]The 'regulars' lost faith and stopped donating when the censorship of the 'regulars' started who were merely trying to chase the nasty trolls away. So now the nasty trolls are enabled and the 'regulars' have to be a little nicer about dissing the trolls. :rolleyes: takes more bandwidth and more nonsense... and less donating as a result... but hey, its the internet... have fun :)

Censorship by the powers above is the last thing I want. What I want is for the users of WB to use a little common sense:

Donate money to WB if you regularly use the site if you can afford it.

Remember the people asking questions are usually new hikers who are excited about hiking and the AT. They are looking for real answers and others who are positive and share their enthusiasm. Please do not make coments that will take away from this.

Restrict your replies to something based on the original thread or something that in some way going to help answer the original question.
Comedy threads are fun, but hijacking a serious thread and turning it into one takes away from the original question.

belittling someone for their lack of knowledge or different style of hiking is unnecessary and shows your ignorance.

Do not give advise unless you have real experience and knowledge on the topic.

We all know your views on shelters, water treatment, purists, thru hiking etc. No need to be negative. "shelters suck" is not what someone is looking for when they ask shelter questions.

If the regulars want to talk to each other they can start a new thread. If they want to belittle someone or talk off topic do it on threads they create. These comments are taking away from the intent of this site and causing many to avoid the site all together.

Whiteblaze.net - A community of Appalachian Trail Enthusiasts....not for the trail, but trail enthusiasts.

If you don't believe it, look in the upper left-hand corner of this very webpage.

......and I don't ever remember voting you in as the website czar......must have missed that meeting.

Dr O
06-15-2009, 15:01
What's hiking?

It's noncompetitive golf.

Tin Man
06-15-2009, 15:30
guess i am no longer wanted... cool... tin man out... not quite dead... just out... bye

Homer&Marje
06-15-2009, 15:41

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was great. How do you play hiking golf? Throw the ball as far up the trail and catch it....or just try and hit non suspecting passerby's with it:-?:D

leeki pole
06-15-2009, 16:27
Actually, this is quite accurate. Golf is and of itself noncompetitive, you play the course, not opponents. In fact, the Rules of Golf state that your playing partner is a "fellow competitor." Hiking is much the same when you think about it. You carry your clubs (backpack), you play the course differently according to your style and all you want is to make the cut and get to the 72nd hole and earn a check (Katahdin or Springer). Very good analogy.

Dr O
06-15-2009, 16:39
They say golf is a good walk, spoiled. Maybe I should have said it's unspoiled golf. ;)

Homer&Marje
06-15-2009, 16:44
Personally I think they take too many trees out of the course:D Makes it more interesting if a 100' B-A-L-S-A-M-F-I-R was sitting right in the middle of the fairway.

I do enjoy playing golf although it's been years since I have been out on the course....think my slice went away by now?:rolleyes:

TD55
06-15-2009, 16:51
Has anyone ever hit a golf ball from one end of the trail to the other? Maybe throwing a football the entire trail would be cool? Any ideas on who could or should write the rules for these kinds of endeavors? Seems to be no shortage of rule writer uppers always camped out here at WB.

Lone Wolf
06-15-2009, 16:59
i drove a couple of golf balls off katahdin once

Skyline
06-15-2009, 17:18

Ouch! That hurt . . .

Pokey2006
06-15-2009, 17:33

I've had nothing but positive experiences meeting WBers. I've even become really good friends with one or two.

In shelters, on the other hand, I've met a lot of jack butts who were totally full of themselves. I do think there's a culture of machismo on the AT, which is evidenced both online and in shelters. But hidden in there are also a lot of really cool people who share a passion for the trail.

kanga
06-15-2009, 17:33

i will seriously consider clapping.

TD55
06-15-2009, 17:42
I have always been an irregular. I don't know where I am supposed to be. I never feel lonely at the factory outlet store for some reason:-? Thank goodness there are plenty of people who know where everyone is supposed to be.

leeki pole
06-15-2009, 17:58
Personally I think they take too many trees out of the course:D Makes it more interesting if a 100' B-A-L-S-A-M-F-I-R was sitting right in the middle of the fairway.

I do enjoy playing golf although it's been years since I have been out on the course....think my slice went away by now?:rolleyes:
Not unless you've learned to keep your right elbow tucked into your side and drop your right shoulder at impact, keeping your head behind the ball. Thanks, that'll be $50.

Rockhound
06-15-2009, 18:16
Actually, this is quite accurate. Golf is and of itself noncompetitive, you play the course, not opponents. In fact, the Rules of Golf state that your playing partner is a "fellow competitor." Hiking is much the same when you think about it. You carry your clubs (backpack), you play the course differently according to your style and all you want is to make the cut and get to the 72nd hole and earn a check (Katahdin or Springer). Very good analogy.
It is a lot like golf. I swear a lot, bitch about the hazzards, wear funny clothing, get really drunk after walking all day and, just like golf, it is boring as hell to watch but fun to actually do.

Homer&Marje
06-15-2009, 19:03
Not unless you've learned to keep your right elbow tucked into your side and drop your right shoulder at impact, keeping your head behind the ball. Thanks, that'll be $50.

I have a golf club in my hand and your asking for $50? I don't think that's the way it works.:D

Oh....and I'm clapping with Kanga

And those who say WB'rs are all jackasses in person never got critical advice from one on top of a mountain. Thanks again ChiefDaddy....Marjes Knee will forever thank you.

Gray Blazer
06-15-2009, 19:09
What's this thread about? Does somebody know someone who was born with leeki poles for arms or whatever pumpkin said?

Mags
06-15-2009, 19:15
I think this thread is about golfing with Leki poles?

TD55
06-15-2009, 19:16
Something about how transformers are born? How to be or stay regular? Shouldn't this be in the health or food threads? Sports maybe?

Foyt20
06-15-2009, 19:35
Something about how transformers are born? How to be or stay regular? Shouldn't this be in the health or food threads? Sports maybe?

Damn Noobs ;)

warraghiyagey
06-15-2009, 19:38
How'd you get a car up there. . . ?

Bearpaw
06-15-2009, 20:08
How'd you get a car up there. . . ?

It was one of those new green solar-powered golf carts.

saimyoji
06-15-2009, 20:37
guess i am no longer wanted... cool... tin man out... not quite dead... just out... bye

if you gotta split at least leave your ball.....the hobbit will wash it for you. :)

Wise Old Owl
06-15-2009, 22:30

I concur..."it's Good to be the King!" - Quote from Mel Brooks

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/MarkSwarbrick/TheAligatorKing.jpg

Well a few of us were born with Leki's ........ Can't think of anyone at the moment... interesting thought though. What's DOGGING? I have no clue... explain it please????

ShelterLeopard
06-15-2009, 22:35
Someone is a bit bitter about being a newbie...:D

ShelterLeopard
06-15-2009, 22:38
What does HYOH mean?

Hike Your Own Hike!

stranger
06-15-2009, 22:52
People can be rude and difficult, in life and on the trail, and most certainly over the internet. Don't stress about it.

But be thankful for this amazing resource, when I started you couldn't go on whiteblaze and find this stuff out, you had to go hiking and get hypothermia before you figured anything out, it's all relative.

Hitting golf balls off Katahdin has to be the best thing I've ever heard!

Pokey2006
06-15-2009, 22:57
What's DOGGING? I have no clue... explain it please????

It actually sounds like something fun...

Heater
06-15-2009, 23:14
It actually sounds like something fun...

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex012.gif

ed bell
06-15-2009, 23:35
And what is HYOH?Hippies yodel on holidays.

Alaskanhkr23
06-15-2009, 23:46
This guy's mad aboout being a newbie?? i still consider myself a newbie here and most people know me by now... And if you belong to this site you learn very quickly not to take anyone seriously unless they're giving you advice.

vonfrick
himalayan yetis out hiking

vonfrick
horny yaks ogle heifers

Alaskanhkr23
06-15-2009, 23:50
hey vonfrick check out my pic's i posted some drawings

vonfrick
06-15-2009, 23:54

man, how hard did you hit your head?

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 00:16
What doese that have to do with anything?

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 00:18
The one thing i've noticed on here is that no matter what it is,someone has something negative to say.

Gaiter
06-16-2009, 00:18
This guy's mad aboout being a newbie?? i still consider myself a newbie here and most people know me by now... And if you belong to this site you learn very quickly not to take anyone seriously unless they're giving you advice.

kinda non hiking related, but my mom who is a teacher says she wishes she could remember the good students better, but unfortuantly the bad and annoying ones are the faces she remembers best

warraghiyagey
06-16-2009, 00:19
My mom hated me. . .

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 00:20
yeah i really don't like you either...

Gaiter
06-16-2009, 00:20
so she remembers you well?

(but if she has Alzheimer's then i'm a complete bitch)

warraghiyagey
06-16-2009, 00:26

The one thing i've noticed on here is that no matter what it is,someone has something negative to say.

Maybe cuz you kind of creeped her out a little. You commented on her pics in her gallery then start a thread wondering if anyone draws, then ask her to check out your pics in a-friggin-nother thread you started. . . Dude. . . you might not wanna wrangle with a red head, and from my understanding she has a boyfriend. . . .

warraghiyagey
06-16-2009, 00:28

:p:D. . . .

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 00:31
Wow, i didn't know having a interest in other's artwork makes me creepy. or making a thread about artwork. Yes i saw her drawing's thought they where cool commented on them. Thought she would enjoy my sketches because she also draw's. So once again Get over yourself, frankly i do not care about her having a boyfriend or what not,im not trying to flirt or anything.

warraghiyagey
06-16-2009, 00:34
Now it seems like you're flirting with me. . .

Gaiter
06-16-2009, 00:36
Now it seems like you're flirting with me. . .

you might want to go tell your girlfriend about him....

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 00:36
If you don't like my artwork thread, Then don't post on it. It's really that easy.

warraghiyagey
06-16-2009, 00:37
Wow, i didn't know having a interest in other's artwork makes me creepy. or making a thread about artwork. Yes i saw her drawing's thought they where cool commented on them. Thought she would enjoy my sketches because she also draw's. So once again Get over yourself, frankly i do not care about her having a boyfriend or what not,im not trying to flirt or anything.
No, you don't seem creepy at all. . .

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/2/1/9/6/0/p1010007.jpg (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showimage.php?i=34439&original=1&c=member&imageuser=21960)

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 00:37
Your crazy! LOl you like messing with me huh...

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 00:38
How is that creepy? It's Anime.. so your saying a hiking related anime sketch is creepy.

Pokey2006
I love me a little late night entertainment. WB never lets me down!

Alaskanhkr23
Your just mad because you can't draw like me..

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 00:40
In fact you just need to leave me alone. Everytime i post anything you insult me some how, it doese get tiresome.

The Mechanical Man
06-16-2009, 00:43
it Actually Sounds Like Something Fun...

Either Bite Em, Or Shut Up! :d

warraghiyagey
06-16-2009, 00:46
I love me a little late night entertainment. WB never lets me down!
:sun:p:D. . . always glad to help out. . .

Dr O
06-16-2009, 07:16

no they don't.

superman
06-16-2009, 07:38
Originally Posted by Alaskanhkr23 http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=854589#post854589)

Folks here are positively negative but in a wicked nice way.:D

kanga
06-16-2009, 07:40
No, you don't seem creepy at all. . .

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/2/1/9/6/0/p1010007.jpg (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showimage.php?i=34439&original=1&c=member&imageuser=21960)

not.
at.
all....

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 08:27
.... and from my understanding she has a boyfriend. . . .

With the operative word being "boy".

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 08:29

But she'll never have to watch a re-run on television with you..........

saimyoji
06-16-2009, 08:36
With the operative word being "boy".

boi....and we're still not sure if he's real

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 08:43
Some day, he'll be a real live boy..........

mindi
06-16-2009, 09:24
I came here back when I was planning my 2007 hike and I didn't have a clue what the heck I was doing. I was constantly posting long, rambling posts about how I couldn't fit my stuff in my pack, what order I should do my nightly chores, what gear to get, and on and on.

I got SO much help from WBers in planning my hike. I had lots of people talk me down from my mini-freak outs, offers of used gear, and the list goes on. I asked lots of stupid questions but I don't recall ever being made to feel stupid.

As far as meeting WBers on the trail, I met Geek my first day out at the top of Springer..waiting for me with a drink and a hug. Can't get much better than that.

Homer&Marje
06-16-2009, 10:42
Hackfish Yaks Old Hummus

Some people need to learn what the ignore feature does. Or get over themselves....either way....too much time in front of the WB screen. Occasionally you just need to not post back when you get ragged on.

Fly under the radar...you'll attract less attention. :rolleyes:

Plodderman
06-16-2009, 10:47
Only new once.

Gumbi
06-16-2009, 10:47
no they don't.
"No" and "don't" are negative words.:cool:

superman
06-16-2009, 11:46
Hackfish Yaks Old Hummus

Some people need to learn what the ignore feature does. Or get over themselves....either way....too much time in front of the WB screen. Occasionally you just need to not post back when you get ragged on.

Fly under the radar...you'll attract less attention. :rolleyes:

and you learned that the hard way.:D

superman
06-16-2009, 11:48
"No" and "don't" are negative words.:cool:

Um...two negative equal a positive or is that three negatives equal proof of wrong doing? I forget.:-?

Bearpaw
06-16-2009, 11:52

Maybe, but he IS learning. ;)

superman
06-16-2009, 11:55

I think he's come a long way from when he first signed onto WB...no really....or is that realy?:D

Bearpaw
06-16-2009, 11:57
I think he's come a long way from when he first signed onto WB...no really....or is that realy?:D

It's "really". And you're right. He really is.

Good on ya' Homer!

superman
06-16-2009, 12:01
I came here back when I was planning my 2007 hike and I didn't have a clue what the heck I was doing. I was constantly posting long, rambling posts about how I couldn't fit my stuff in my pack, what order I should do my nightly chores, what gear to get, and on and on.

I got SO much help from WBers in planning my hike. I had lots of people talk me down from my mini-freak outs, offers of used gear, and the list goes on. I asked lots of stupid questions but I don't recall ever being made to feel stupid.

As far as meeting WBers on the trail, I met Geek my first day out at the top of Springer..waiting for me with a drink and a hug. Can't get much better than that.

This is a nice post that should be thought about. Aside from the silly, inane banter this is what WB is here for.

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 13:12
i've learned alot,but whenever i speak i get harassed by a select few, it's either they dislike me or they just find it funny to mess with me.

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 13:24
i've learned alot,but whenever i speak i get harassed by a select few, it's either they dislike me or they just find it funny to mess with me.

Have never attacked you, and probably never will, so take this with a grain of salt......

Maybe, just maybe, if you toned it down a bit.........

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 13:32
Yeah , i've understand that i post alot,it was last night that got my goat ,i was attacked for awhile,it was very annoying. But i really like this site. Whenever the i really need info or have a question's the attacker always help me so. I'm gettin used to it.

ShoelessWanderer
06-16-2009, 13:37
What does HYOH mean?

To answer your question, it means "Hike Your Own Hike"

It's kind of a motto on the trail.

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 13:40
Yeah , i've understand that i post alot,it was last night that got my goat ,i was attacked for awhile,it was very annoying. But i really like this site. Whenever the i really need info or have a question's the attacker always help me so. I'm gettin used to it.

See. That wasn't so hard.....:D

And you're right....no better place to get the information you need, even from others you may or may not get along with.

........and why do you have a goat??? Just asking.

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 13:40
To answer your question, it means "Hike Your Own Hike"

It's kind of a motto on the trail.

I thought it was "What's that smell?"

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 13:42
oh because it type for me, Haven't you noticed everything i type is wrong in some way? =)

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 13:44
oh because it type for me, Haven't you noticed everything i type is wrong in some way? =)

Should be "Oh, because it types for me. Haven't you noticed that everything I type is wrong in some way?"

:rolleyes:

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 13:47
Ehhh shut up monkeyboy =P

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 13:49
That's more like it...........I'm used to that.

TD55
06-16-2009, 13:49
There is a difference between a information thread and a chat room. Sometimes you go off topic and flood the thread with stuff that is way out of the subject. Making one off topic remark now and then isn't so bad, but you have a tendency to make whatever the tread might be about, all about you. It can be frustrating and annoying and so that is why people mess with you sometimes. Thats what I think, maybe, just an opinion.
BTW, if you are not prepared to have people talk neg about your art, don't show it. Don't call yourself an artist just cause you can draw some sketchs.

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 13:51
no i'm an artist because i have sold art in galerrie's in new haven ,ct along with anchorage,AK and i'm originaly a tattoo artist.

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 13:52
nut im not going into that subject,so goodbye.td55

Alaskanhkr23
06-16-2009, 13:52
but* i meant

superman
06-16-2009, 13:53
Ehhh shut up monkeyboy =P

When I was a kid my brother and I used to pick on my sister pretty bad. She'd go running to mom that we were picking on her. Mom would say "if you'd stop reacting like you do they'd stop picking on you." She could never stop reacting and we just kept picking on her. That may have had something to do with her years of drugs and prostitution. Just sayen.:welcome

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 13:56
There is a difference between a information thread and a chat room. Sometimes you go off topic and flood the thread with stuff that is way out of the subject. Making one off topic remark now and then isn't so bad, but you have a tendency to make whatever the tread might be about, all about you. It can be frustrating and annoying and so that is why people mess with you sometimes. Thats what I think, maybe, just an opinion.
BTW, if you are not prepared to have people talk neg about your art, don't show it. Don't call yourself an artist just cause you can draw some sketchs.

I like eggs.

TD55
06-16-2009, 14:03
Is it indecent to eat a chicken and egg omlett? Something just doesn't sound right about that.

superman
06-16-2009, 14:03
I like eggs.

I like eggs because they came before the chicken. Oh, wait, but I digress...it was the cart before the horse.:-?

kanga
06-16-2009, 14:04
Is it indecent to eat a chicken and egg omlett? Something just doesn't sound right about that.

no. it's indecent to do other things to chickens, but not that. that's just yummy. esp w salsa!

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 14:06

Would you like me to draw you a picture of eggs??? :D

Heater
06-16-2009, 14:06
Yip yip yip yip... Chicken.

Gumbi
06-16-2009, 14:13
Would you like me to draw you a picture of eggs??? :D

Only if Warghy doesn't mind!:D (You're starting to creep me out!:sun)

kofritz
06-16-2009, 14:22
HYOh - hike your own hike. i love that.

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 14:35
But do you like eggs????

bigmac_in
06-16-2009, 14:57
Mmmmmmm . . . eggs . . . . with bacon. . . mmmmmmm.

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 15:08
....and a biscuit.......

Two Speed
06-16-2009, 15:10
and gravy!

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 15:14
No.....that'd just be plain stupid.

:)

bigmac_in
06-16-2009, 15:28
No.....that'd just be plain stupid.

Glad I didn't say it .:D

Heater
06-16-2009, 15:31
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q164/erinfearn/SE%20Asia/Monkeys/Thailand4Monkeys84.jpg?t=1245180587

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 15:36
Eggsactly.........

Homer&Marje
06-16-2009, 16:06

It's "really". And you're right. He really is.

Good on ya' Homer!

You see. And to think...I was in the same position as you a couple months ago Alasknhkr. Read the thread "The great massachusetts hole debate" and you'll get a lot of info about me.

I only react now when someone says something really stupid.....I use the site for the information I need....and make a sny remark a couple times a day to keep my sense of humor up:D

But I try not to hijack threads, try not to rag on people, and most of all...when someone rags on what I say I make sure to look at the emoticon that was used:D:rolleyes::eek:;):p....try to determine if there was actually malicious intent in the comment....and then reply based on that...or more often...don't reply.

Believe me... I had everyone on this site about sick of me and pissed off the mods to no end. It's much easier this way. I just like to get info and post my pictures. That's what you should do with your pics and your art.

Just for reference an artist is someone who expresses themselves "artistically" regardless of level of talent.

I'm an artist too...I do it with food.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ldP-jp9aBzY/Sgv5EKofvvI/AAAAAAAABWw/RMIf1lb2tw4/s512/SDC10652.JPG

vonfrick
06-16-2009, 16:15
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q164/erinfearn/SE%20Asia/Monkeys/Thailand4Monkeys84.jpg?t=1245180587

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ldP-jp9aBzY/Sgv5EKofvvI/AAAAAAAABWw/RMIf1lb2tw4/s512/SDC10652.JPG

look homer, this thread is obviously about eggs and/or chicken. please stay on topic or i'm going to report your post to the mods. :rolleyes::p:D

Mags
06-16-2009, 16:23
But do you like eggs????

I do! Grab some oil, fry up some tortilla bits. Scramble in eggs. Add some bell peppers, onions and a generous amount of salsa with a bit of pepper and salt. Scramble more. Add some cheese and/or potatoes if you'd like. A quick, easy and delicious breakfast scramble.

Monkeyboy
06-16-2009, 16:24

Although, I have lost a lot of weight since that pic.........

TD55
06-16-2009, 16:25
How did we get from chickens and eggs to the blind leading the blind and FORCED MONKEY LABOR!

Heater
06-16-2009, 16:27
I do! Grab some oil, fry up some tortilla bits. Scramble in eggs. Add some bell peppers, onions and a generous amount of salsa with a bit of pepper and salt. Scramble more. Add some cheese and/or potatoes if you'd like. A quick, easy and delicious breakfast scramble.

Also called Migas.

Throw some Diced Jalapeno in there.

Homer&Marje
06-16-2009, 17:02
Stop harassing me or I will start hitting on Warghy:D And no one wants that:eek:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

look homer, this thread is obviously about eggs and/or chicken. please stay on topic or i'm going to report your post to the mods. :rolleyes::p:D

superman
06-16-2009, 17:14
Stop harassing me or I will start hitting on Warghy:D And no one wants that:eek:

There's no such thing as a Warghy but if there was I think you're proposing something gay which has nothing to do with eggs.:D

leeki pole
06-16-2009, 17:16
You see. And to think...I was in the same position as you a couple months ago Alasknhkr. Read the thread "The great massachusetts hole debate" and you'll get a lot of info about me.

I only react now when someone says something really stupid.....I use the site for the information I need....and make a sny remark a couple times a day to keep my sense of humor up:D

But I try not to hijack threads, try not to rag on people, and most of all...when someone rags on what I say I make sure to look at the emoticon that was used:D:rolleyes::eek:;):p....try to determine if there was actually malicious intent in the comment....and then reply based on that...or more often...don't reply.

Believe me... I had everyone on this site about sick of me and pissed off the mods to no end. It's much easier this way. I just like to get info and post my pictures. That's what you should do with your pics and your art.

Just for reference an artist is someone who expresses themselves "artistically" regardless of level of talent.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ldP-jp9aBzY/Sgv5EKofvvI/AAAAAAAABWw/RMIf1lb2tw4/s512/SDC10652.JPGNow, let's take a closer look. This appears to be crawfish. If you state you're from MA, there are no crawfish up there. They are only in the Gulf Coast states. I smell a rat, and I'm calling you out on this one.

kanga
06-16-2009, 17:51
they still have those things called stores in massholio don't they?:confused:

Homer&Marje
06-16-2009, 18:00
Now, let's take a closer look. This appears to be crawfish. If you state you're from MA, there are no crawfish up there. They are only in the Gulf Coast states. I smell a rat, and I'm calling you out on this one.

I grew up my entire life in massachusetts catching crawfish....so I don't know what you're talking about. NOW.....with that being said these were obviously store bought from a local seafood purveyor. They come in whole with cajun seasoning on them (although I wash most off cause it's not that good...cajun season...mine is better). They also come in packages of 1lb of just the tails....they sell langostene tails as well...little bit bigger and sweeter.

But go ahead....call me out:rolleyes:

Google facts before you quote them and things will get easier for you here on WB. Damn Newbies :D

http://fl.biology.usgs.gov/Region_5_Report/html/crayfish.html

leeki pole
06-16-2009, 18:00
they still have those things called stores in massholio don't they?:confused:
Well, heck yeah, but nobody above the Mason Dixon line knows how to cook them. Big pot, shrimp boil, corn on the cob, new potatoes all in the mix, lots of cold beer and serve them on paper plates. That looks to me like some New York City interpretation of a real crawfish boil. Just sayin.

TD55
06-16-2009, 18:01
You see.

Thanks for clearing that up. It has been the topic of debate for centurys by generations of the most famous artist that ever lived. What is art and what is an artist? Who woulda thunk it would get cleared up right here on WB by a guy that flops food on a plate.

rootball
06-16-2009, 18:03
All the folks that call someone a newbie were once called newbie. So let them have their tradition. It is not meant as an insult - more like a right of passage - a term of acceptance. A person has to pay their dues - they can't just walk into the hiker tribe and climb to the top of the totem pole. So if someone calls you a newbie look at it as acceptance into the tribe - one day it will pass.
I prefer the term 'booter'. That is what we called new guys when we got out of boot camp - man it would be so funny to pass them and hollar "BOOTER". I used to laugh my head off when they got mad about it. I got called booter, they got called booter, and I am sure that, now, 30 years later there are guys being called booter. Tradition - its a tribal thang.

leeki pole
06-16-2009, 18:05
I grew up my entire life in massachusetts catching crawfish....so I don't know what you're talking about. NOW.....with that being said these were obviously store bought from a local seafood purveyor. They come in whole with cajun seasoning on them (although I wash most off cause it's not that good...cajun season...mine is better). They also come in packages of 1lb of just the tails....they sell langostene tails as well...little bit bigger and sweeter.

But go ahead....call me out:rolleyes:

Google facts before you quote them and things will get easier for you here on WB. Damn Newbies :D

http://fl.biology.usgs.gov/Region_5_Report/html/crayfish.html (http://fl.biology.usgs.gov/Region_5_Report/html/crayfish.html)
Umm, 98% of all crawfish come from Louisiana and Mississippi. You keep making chowder and we'll have crawfish boils for real. But you're welcome to come and join us anytime, just bring the beer.:D

Homer&Marje
06-16-2009, 18:05
Oh.. and their my plates.

Heater
06-16-2009, 18:09
I make poop art.

Here's one I call Rudolph.

http://www.trendhunter.com/images/phpthumbnails/10805_1_468.jpeg

Homer&Marje
06-16-2009, 18:17
Well, heck yeah, but nobody above the Mason Dixon line knows how to cook them. Big pot, shrimp boil, corn on the cob, new potatoes all in the mix, lots of cold beer and serve them on paper plates. That looks to me like some New York City interpretation of a real crawfish boil. Just sayin.

Do you know that in New England we do Lobster boils....with Lobster...those are giant crawfish from the sea.....if you don't know...newbie.....and we boil em up with....corn on the cob....and potato, and sometimes shrimp, and clams....and guess what!!!! We serve on Paper plates......and if done right everyone will get an individual portion bagged in a fishnet tied off for ease...and convenience. And yes...we have beer....it's Sam Adams.

Old Grouse
06-16-2009, 18:24
Say, is it true that a seven course meal in Lousiana is 2 lb of boudin and a sixpack?

mudhead
06-16-2009, 18:43
Oh.. and their my plates.

Would look special over my ceiling fixture in the laundry room. How did you cover the hole when you had them cockroaches on them.

Mags
06-16-2009, 18:59
Also called Migas.

Throw some Diced Jalapeno in there.

Mags Migas?

Homer&Marje
06-16-2009, 19:07
Would look special over my ceiling fixture in the laundry room. How did you cover the hole when you had them cockroaches on them.

No that's my ugly mug..... the plate is on the left of the picture:D

mudcap
06-16-2009, 20:37

Total BS post...is that Mason Dixon line drawn in sand ? Is that the same thing as the greasy/greazy line?

BTW,crayfish are found all around the world.:rolleyes:

warraghiyagey
06-16-2009, 20:47

Why can't it be both???

Only if Warghy doesn't mind!:D (You're starting to creep me out!:sun)
:D:p

RITBlake
06-17-2009, 09:14

I'm not sure what this is but I wouldn't eat it at gunpoint. Why is there a random leg sitting on the dish. I give it a 4 on presentation. Perhaps it tastes really good, I don't know.

Hooch
06-17-2009, 09:48
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ldP-jp9aBzY/Sgv5EKofvvI/AAAAAAAABWw/RMIf1lb2tw4/s512/SDC10652.JPGI like crawfish.

Monkeyboy
06-17-2009, 09:48
Looks like something my cat yakked up.

superman
06-17-2009, 09:51
I like crawfish.

I like lobster but I've never had crawfish.

leeki pole
06-17-2009, 09:52
Total BS post...is that Mason Dixon line drawn in sand ? Is that the same thing as the greasy/greazy line?

BTW,crayfish are found all around the world.:rolleyes:
Umm, mudcap, you just don't understand. They're not crayfish, they're not crawdads, they're crawfish. And no they're not found all over the world and only Southern folks know how to cook them. You and Homer can keep your "lobstah boils" and your freaking chowder, but leave us the heck alone. And I don't BS and I resent strongly that remark. Not nice, but you can come to a CRAWFISH boil if you bring the beer.

Homer&Marje
06-17-2009, 10:07
I'm not sure what this is but I wouldn't eat it at gunpoint. Why is there a random leg sitting on the dish. I give it a 4 on presentation. Perhaps it tastes really good, I don't know.

Yes it tastes really good. Who invited you for dinner:-?:rolleyes:

And a 4 out of 4 is a wonderful presentation score...I thank you:D

Maybe just a meat and potato guy?

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ldP-jp9aBzY/Sgv5EcwdhqI/AAAAAAAABW0/xJN1cr0hezc/s512/SDC11023.JPG

Baby cows were harmed in the making of this picture:eek: I think there is whiskey up to my eyeballs too:D

Heater
06-17-2009, 10:24

4 of 4? What? Were the judges retarded? ...from Ethiopia?

BS there.

That plate demonstrated everything NOT to do in a presentation. Hell, the grease spatter in the lower left would give to a "0".

BS.

It looked like you just threw all the crap on the plate while drunk.

You get a perfect score in the deformed pile of slop category.

kanga
06-17-2009, 10:25
i'd eat it in a heartbeat. looks like it tastes awesome!

Heater
06-17-2009, 10:28
i'd eat it in a heartbeat. looks like it tastes awesome!

Yeh. It probably tasted Excellent.

saimyoji
06-17-2009, 10:28

Looks like something my cat yakked up.

BS there.

That Crrawfish plate demonstrated everything NOT to do in a presentation. Hell, the grease spatter in the lower left would give to a "0".

BS.

i'd probably try it, but i don't see you winning any awards with that messy plate. where is it you cook again?

Homer&Marje
06-17-2009, 10:30

BS there.

That Crrawfish plate demonstrated everything NOT to do in a presentation. Hell, the grease spatter in the lower left would give to a "0".

BS.

If I was cooking for company I would have cleaned up the grease spatter....that was just for me and the wife. I took the picture and wrote down the recipe....not that it matters to you. I work for one of the finest restaurants on the east coast....I think I know a thing or two about presentation.

Heater
06-17-2009, 10:31

Homer&Marje
06-17-2009, 10:31
i'd probably try it, but i don't see you winning any awards with that messy plate. where is it you cook again?

I cook at home.

Heater
06-17-2009, 10:33
If I was cooking for company I would have cleaned up the grease spatter....that was just for me and the wife. I took the picture and wrote down the recipe....not that it matters to you. I work for one of the finest restaurants on the east coast....I think I know a thing or two about presentation.

OK, so the "4 of 4" score was from your wife.
I understand that.

;)

saimyoji
06-17-2009, 10:34
I work for one of the finest restaurants on the east coast....I think I know a thing or two about presentation.

I cook at home.

so.......which is it? :-?

Homer&Marje
06-17-2009, 10:36
In fact.. that wasn't the finished plate....think I can only eat 4 crawdads?

It got messy:D And I think your right... I might have been drunk...or on my way there. I remember now I was trying to take a close up picture of the eyes while there were only a few on the plate...the claws around the edges were just cruel humor.

Homer&Marje
06-17-2009, 10:36
so.......which is it? :-?

Waiter.....Cooking is a hobby.....and a survival tactic...Marje cant cook

RITBlake
06-17-2009, 10:37

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ldP-jp9aBzY/Sgv5EcwdhqI/AAAAAAAABW0/xJN1cr0hezc/s512/SDC11023.JPG

Baby cows were harmed in the making of this picture:eek: I think there is whiskey up to my eyeballs too:D

now that's what I'm talking about! Superb.

Heater
06-17-2009, 10:38
In fact.. that wasn't the finished plate....think I can only eat 4 crawdads?

It got messy:D And I think your right... I might have been drunk...or on my way there. I remember now I was trying to take a close up picture of the eyes while there were only a few on the plate...the claws around the edges were just cruel humor.

This is a better pile o' crawdads.

Where did "And a 4 out of 4 is a wonderful presentation score...I thank you" come from?

Homer&Marje
That would be a 12 lb veal crown roast:D Cost me 110 bucks....it was worth it.

TD55

Why have you put a bunch of bones on a chocolate cake?

Chaco Taco

You must really like yourself Homer.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/eperez_94/douche.jpg

Lone Wolf
06-17-2009, 10:39
I work for one of the finest restaurants on the east coast....I think I know a thing or two about presentation.

and the name of it is?

Homer&Marje
06-17-2009, 10:40
You must really like yourself Homer.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/eperez_94/douche.jpg

I'm sorry your a self hating Yankee Fan....It's not my problem though.:D

RITBlake
06-17-2009, 10:40

Arguably the funniest thing ever written on whiteblaze.net

saimyoji
06-17-2009, 10:41
so you're a waiter trying to pass yourself off as a gourmet chef by stating that you have knowledge just because you work in a classy restaurant....which you still haven't identified... :-?

....that's like vonfrick claiming to be some kinda smarty pants just cause she cleaned toilets at princeton, or yale or wherever.... :eek:

Homer&Marje
06-17-2009, 10:41
and the name of it is?

Actually...I'm smart enough not to give that out.....lot of pranksters out there and I would rather not get my employers involved in my "outside work life"

Chaco Taco
06-17-2009, 10:43
Actually...I'm smart enough not to give that out.....lot of pranksters out there and I would rather not get my employers involved in my "outside work life"

Yea, id call and order 100 Big Macs, TO GO.

Lone Wolf

i call BS. so which McDonalds in what town? :rolleyes:

saimyoji
BTW...how is it there in APT #3? :)

Hooch
Why have you put a bunch of bones on a chocolate cake?Although the roast does look delicious, this is my nomination for funniest post of the day. :D Nothing personal, Homer.

Chaco Taco
06-17-2009, 10:44

Hey Homer, I found a Picture of your boss
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/McDonalds-mcdonalds-806131_500_655.jpg

RITBlake
06-17-2009, 10:45
Hey Homer, I found a Picture of your boss
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/McDonalds-mcdonalds-806131_500_655.jpg

Oh Jesus H, nobody is safe in this thread! That is some funny sh** right there.

TD55
06-17-2009, 10:46
Why does McDonalds have to get dragged into this? Leave Micky D alone people. Leave them alone damn it.

Hooch
06-17-2009, 10:47
http://roasteddone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/ron_mcdonald_beat_down.jpg

RITBlake
06-17-2009, 10:48
http://dev.null.org/scrapbook/2005/0616_jackson.jpg

Chaco Taco
06-17-2009, 10:49
Homer and his happy culinary family

http://www.toytokyo.com/productImages/8203_1.jpg

Heater
06-17-2009, 10:51
http://roasteddone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/ron_mcdonald_beat_down.jpg

That is Homer getting Bitchslapped for lying his ass off about his culinary prowess.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif

Jack Tarlin
06-17-2009, 10:52
Geez, guys, lighten up.

Chaco, Blake, etc........

Are YOU about to tell us the name and address of your employer? You want that on the Internet?

No?

Then giver Homer a break.

And wasn't this thread supposed to be about the relationship between older hikers and newbies? Seems to me it got off track somewhere. Maybe the thread needs to get back ON track......or maybe it just needs to be closed.

kanga
06-17-2009, 10:55
Geez, guys, lighten up.

Are YOU about to tell us the name and address of your employer? You want that on the Internet?

No?

And wasn't this thread supposed to be about the relationship between older hikers and newbies? Seems to me it got off track somewhere. Maybe the thread needs to get back ON track......or maybe it just needs to be closed.

http://www.bay-of-fundie.com/img/2007/fstdt-pot-kettle2.jpg

Chaco Taco
06-17-2009, 10:55
Geez, guys, lighten up.

No?

Who died and made you the mod?:D

Hooch
06-17-2009, 10:57
Who died and made you the mod?:DWith any luck, Alligator. :rolleyes:

TD55
06-17-2009, 10:58
Geez, guys, lighten up.

No?

I agree. Homor ain't taken the bait anyhow. He isn't a newbie.

Chaco Taco
With any luck, Alligator. :rolleyes:

Or as I like to call him, He who must not be named

RITBlake
Geez, guys, lighten up.

No?

I also don't put my portfolio on whiteblaze and claim to work for one of the finest publishing companies in new england. Don't like the attention, don't post pictures of your work. Lesson learned.

Hooch
With any luck, Alligator. :rolleyes:Lord, forgive me for that right there. :eek::o:D

Hooch
06-17-2009, 10:59
Or as I like to call him, He who must not be namedhttp://republika.pl/blog_yc_1056934/2385927/tr/valdemort.jpg

Chaco Taco
06-17-2009, 10:59
Lord, forgive me for that right there. :eek::o:D

Oh I have missed WB, well not really

TD55
06-17-2009, 11:00
You are a good sport Homer, now go get drunk and cook something, photo it and post it so we will have something to laugh at.

saimyoji
06-17-2009, 11:00
Lesson learned.

not yet....homer was smart enough to post his address and ssn#. dumb ass :eek:

Hooch
06-17-2009, 11:01
Oh I have missed WB, well not really
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/princejellyfish/borat_not.jpg

Chaco Taco
06-17-2009, 11:02

So this is the topic eh?? Wow, sounds like a bunch of crying
http://gritsngrace.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/biggest_whiner_statue_1.jpg

Jack Tarlin
06-17-2009, 11:02
Geez, maybe it's time to get back on the Trail. Haven't been around for awhile and thought I might inject a note of civility here. This evidently seems to bother some folks. See ya.

Chaco Taco
06-17-2009, 11:03
You are a good sport Homer, now go get drunk and cook something, photo it and post it so we will have something to laugh at.
And make sure you have yourself in the picture.

Chaco Taco
06-17-2009, 11:04
Geez, maybe it's time to get back on the Trail. Haven't been around for awhile and thought I might inject a note of civility here. This evidently seems to bother some folks. See ya.

Wow Jack, did you leave your sense of humor on the trail. Maybe you should back track and go pick it up, geez

superman
06-17-2009, 11:05
To young hiker I say "As you are So once was I, As I am So shall you be":-?

kanga
06-17-2009, 11:06
or at least bring it down here so i can eat. i'm friggin starving!

Chaco Taco
06-17-2009, 11:10
Thats kinda a cool thing to say

I just try and share all of the fun and cool stuff about hiking to people I meet that are still trying to learn about the trail. Although, I really consider myself neither new or old in the hiking world, i learn new things each time I go out. Thats the beauty of it all. People that complain about the whole rivalry between new and old really need to get a life.

superman
06-17-2009, 11:16
Thats kinda a cool thing to say

I just try and share all of the fun and cool stuff about hiking to people I meet that are still trying to learn about the trail. Although, I really consider myself neither new or old in the hiking world, i learn new things each time I go out. Thats the beauty of it all. People that complain about the whole rivalry between new and old really need to get a life.

I agree. Just as it's silly to fall in love with a piece of gear that may be right for this hike and this time it may not be right for the next one. Just as we have changed are gear over time we learn to do things different. Hiking teaches us to adapt as needed. The hiking I did as a young man is light years from what I do today. Plus...I'm just not as super as I once was.:)

superman
06-17-2009, 11:18

This was copied from a grave stone.:)

Alligator
06-17-2009, 11:26
With any luck, Alligator. :rolleyes:Hooch, the next time I help you out, don't bother thanking me. I was in the CCU just a few weeks back and I don't find it in the least bit funny that you are kidding about me dying.