PDA

View Full Version : Where can I leave a car for 3+ weeks?

vonfrick
06-16-2009, 16:34
Need the farthest point north on the LT possible to drop off the car for a 3+ weeks. Anyone local up there know of a spot? Looks as though the B and B that used to offer $1 a day is gone. :( Any ideas?

june 24 --> july 17th or so i figure. thanks.

Cookerhiker
06-16-2009, 22:07
2 suggestions for you:

1. On my 2007 LT thruhike (http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=203338), Northern Harrier and I left our car with Carlene and Andy Squires in Jonesville. It's not as far north as you'd like but they offer shuttle services and store your car at their home which is just a quarter mile from the LT crossing of the Winooski River in Jonesville. They're listed in the LT end-to-enders guide with a phone number of 802-434-2533 and e-mail at [email protected]

2. You can also leave a car at Smugglers Notch State Park on Rt. 108 - this is further north than the Squires' and also close to the LT.

Lone Wolf
06-16-2009, 22:12
Need the farthest point north on the LT possible to drop off the car for a 3+ weeks. Anyone local up there know of a spot? Looks as though the B and B that used to offer $1 a day is gone. :( Any ideas?

june 24 --> july 17th or so i figure. thanks.

call Jay Peak ski resort 802-988-2611 and ask for customer service. they have tons of parking. you may be able to park somewhere there

vonfrick
06-16-2009, 22:14
2 suggestions for you:

1. On my 2007 LT thruhike (http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=203338), Northern Harrier and I left our car with Carlene and Andy Squires in Jonesville. It's not as far north as you'd like but they offer shuttle services and store your car at their home which is just a quarter mile from the LT crossing of the Winooski River in Jonesville. They're listed in the LT end-to-enders guide with a phone number of 802-434-2533 and e-mail at [email protected]

2. You can also leave a car at Smugglers Notch State Park on Rt. 108 - this is further north than the Squires' and also close to the LT.

thanks very much, i hiked it in 2007 and know of the Squires. I wasn't aware Smugg's would let me leave a car. I've stayed there numerous times and was planning on spending a night at the park anyway. Love that place!:) Aaron, the ranger (if he's still there) is a cool guy. that's a reasonable distance to hitch back to as well, especially with the bus from morrisville to stowe that's a dollar!

thanks again!