PDA

View Full Version : getting to bangor...

JOMO
06-16-2009, 17:00
Hi All,

I will be E2Eing in July and need to get to Bangor from the north. It looks like my best bet is a greyhound from Montpelier...any ideas on how i get to Montpelier? Is it easy to get a hitch?

Thanks,

JOMO

vonfrick
06-16-2009, 19:39
when exactly are you wanting to get there. i may be able to help you out :)

TJ aka Teej
06-16-2009, 19:52
I did that hitch south. I found hitching in VT easier than in ME or NH, but up near the border was hardest. Rte 100 to 89 was a series of 10 mile hitches and twenty minute waits all the way. I probably should've headed east and tried 91 South instead.

reddenbacher
06-16-2009, 20:14
you are in baltimore?take the china busses to portland super cheap.we took them from dc last fall for about 30 each prices very from min. to min.i dont now why you would go through vermont.greyhound goes strait to bangor from portland

JOMO
06-17-2009, 10:28
when exactly are you wanting to get there. i may be able to help you out :)

I dont know a specific date, but i estimate it to be between July 25th and July 27th...

JOMO
06-17-2009, 10:34
you are in baltimore?take the china busses to portland super cheap.we took them from dc last fall for about 30 each prices very from min. to min.i dont now why you would go through vermont.greyhound goes strait to bangor from portland

I'm in Baltimore, but will be E2Eing in July ( i have a ride up)...when finished my hike, i will be meeting my family up in Maine for our annual vacation to the desolate town of Wesley Maine, where we have a cabin with no running water, no electricity, and a small mouth bass fishery that has hundreds of 5 pound fish...

So my journey northward towards Maine will start in Northern, VT...

Thanks for the info.

JOMO
06-17-2009, 10:36
I did that hitch south. I found hitching in VT easier than in ME or NH, but up near the border was hardest. Rte 100 to 89 was a series of 10 mile hitches and twenty minute waits all the way. I probably should've headed east and tried 91 South instead.

Thanks for the info...