PDA

View Full Version : Place to crash in Denver on Friday?

Low Impact
06-16-2009, 21:24
Hey Everyone -

I'm going to be heading out to Denver on Friday (starting the CT on Monday) and I am wondering if anyone is interested in putting me up for a night on the 19th.

My bus is arriving at 5:30pm. Just need a place to lay my head for the night!

If anyone is interested - please feel free to leave your contact information here, and I will get back to you! I'll be on a bus from Wednesday until Friday - so you can also reach my on my cell phone if this is better: 774-262-9510.

Thanks in advance! :)

Pokey2006
06-16-2009, 21:45
Try www.couchsurfing.com (http://www.couchsurfing.com). There's a last-minute forum you could try posting on, once you create a profile.

fta
06-17-2009, 20:02
check your pm's

freefall
06-25-2009, 13:43
Sorry, I was in Telluride all last week and didn't see this post till today or I woulda let you crash here.

I'm heading out on the CT next week. Hiking to Leadville then have to get off for a reunion. Haven't decided if I'm gonna finish after or move on to something else (like actually finding a job:eek:.)

Cannibal
06-25-2009, 13:51
Yeah, I missed this post entirely! Could have offered you a nice hammock to sleep in at Casa Cannibal.

freefall, when you starting? Coffee/Hammock Engineer and I are leaving Waterton Canyon on the 4th.

freefall
06-25-2009, 14:08
Yeah, I missed this post entirely! Could have offered you a nice hammock to sleep in at Casa Cannibal.

freefall, when you starting? Coffee/Hammock Engineer and I are leaving Waterton Canyon on the 4th.

You'll probably catch me. I am starting, from Waterton, the day after my new credit card arrives- an atm in Telluride ate mine over the weekend so I'm stuck without moola at the moment.

I have a reunion to go to and my flight leaves on 7/23 and the most accessible bailout is Leadville. So, I'll have something like 22 days to cover 137 +/- miles (ie. takin' it slow....)

I could wait a little to leave but I've spent the last two weeks surrounded by throngs of people (80,000 at Bonnaroo and 20,000 at Telluride) and need some time away from crowds/ city life.

I'll probably get back on the 29th or 30th if I don't decide to go and actually get a job by then.

Manwich
06-25-2009, 14:11
had to remark, in both threads, the unfortunate placement of these threads...

http://imgur.com/kU1Jc.png

freefall
06-25-2009, 14:20

Huh? They are about the CT so how is the placement wrong?

Cannibal
06-25-2009, 14:33
Huh? They are about the CT so how is the placement wrong?
Places to crash and flights into Denver. Kind of a scary combo.

Dogwood
06-25-2009, 14:38
Also, some cheap(less than $25/night) hostels centrally located near downtown Denver near Union Sta and the Greyhound.

freefall
06-25-2009, 14:48

OK, I get it now. I just never think about crashing when I fly. If you don't think about it, it won't happen! (there's no place like home, there's no place like home.....;))

That most recent crash here, I think they will find it controller error OR, maybe equipment malfunction. The cross winds should have been registering on the computer and they should have diverted to another runway. Its not like they can only see a mile out on the radar, they could have seen the wind speed increasing 15 minutes before takeoff.

freefall
06-25-2009, 14:55

I'd rather crash on takeoff @ DIA than some other airports around the country. At least , at the moment, the runways have no suburban buildup around them. Gives you a fighting chance at least.

Cannibal
06-25-2009, 14:57
Just crash into the main terminal. That stooopid roof will catch you!
BTW, I helped put that stooopid roof on DIA in the early 90s. Big tent with major stakes!

Gaiter
06-25-2009, 15:01
i just read the title right quick and had to take a second look, i thought it said 'Plane to crash in denver on friday':eek::eek::eek:

freefall
06-25-2009, 15:10
i just read the title right quick and had to take a second look, i thought it said 'Plane to crash in denver on friday':eek::eek::eek:

Me too! Thought some terrorist was defying our super secret, double probation security!

freefall
06-25-2009, 15:12
Just crash into the main terminal. That stooopid roof will catch you!
BTW, I helped put that stooopid roof on DIA in the early 90s. Big tent with major stakes!

I always think of Ringling Bros. when I go out there. To hell if our airport fails! We can be the home city for the Circus!!!!

freefall
06-25-2009, 15:13
Just an aside, does anyone know, did Mayor Pena name the road after himself or was it done after he left office?