PDA

View Full Version : Were you in Branson, MO on June 1st?

prain4u
06-22-2009, 02:29
I was visiting Branson, MO. on June 1, 2009. I was parked in the Bass Pro Shops parking lot. As I was walking across the lot, I looked up and saw a vehicle with a license plate from Hamilton Co., TN. The vehicle had a few AT stickers--including a big WhiteBlaze sticker.

I am just curious who might have been visiting Branson (and so proudly promoting the AT and WhiteBlaze). The WhiteBlaze sticker was a particularly welcome sight.

generoll
06-22-2009, 08:56
me. I live there now. The TN tag is good until December. I usually go down there and walk upstream and downstream along the landing as far as I can go to try and keep my legs at least somewhat mobile. Bass Pro also helps by lightening my wallet a bit on my perambulations.

prain4u
06-22-2009, 10:16
Thanks for responding. Like I said, it was so cool to see the AT and WhiteBlaze stickers. They just jumped out at me as I walked across the parking lot.

I had arrived early at Branson to attend a conference that began later that evening. It was my first time to Branson. Before the conference started, I went down to Branson Landing and walked the length of it. Yes, my wallet was lightened severely at Bass Pro Shops and other places along Branson Landing.

I enjoyed my visit to Branson and intend to return--but I did indeed spend a lot of money on shows, food, and shopping. The official motto of Branson should be: "Keep Branson Green--Bring Money!"

Jeff
06-22-2009, 10:44
Guess I missed it.....where can I buy a Whiteblaze sticker for my bumper?

ShakeyLeggs
06-22-2009, 10:59
Guess I missed it.....where can I buy a Whiteblaze sticker for my bumper?
Look at the top of the page. click on About WhiteBlaze/Tools

Jeff
06-22-2009, 11:13
Shakey Leggs,

Thanks....don't think I would have found it without your help.

I remember your TrailJournal from some years ago. Ready to hike the AT again??

Erin
06-22-2009, 20:56
Welcome Generoll!
I have enjoyed your posts on WB.
I live in Springfield, Mo just north of you. As you know, we have some very nice hiking here in southwest Missouri and Arkansas. As for lightening the wallet, stay away from "Steal-Your Dollar-City" (Silver Dollar City). Welcome to Missouri.

generoll
06-22-2009, 21:57
Hello Erin and thanks. Yeah, I already got inoculated by the Silver Dollar. I'm on call 24/7 so getting any real hiking done requires getting a day off. I got the guide for the Ozark Highlands Trail. Know anything about it?

BooBoo
06-22-2009, 22:38
I live over in SE KS about an hour or so from Branson and about an hour or so from Springfield.

BooBoo
06-22-2009, 22:47
I think Faceplant (03?) still lives in Springfield MO. I met him in Will Call lot at Wakarusa '06. Jed Springer-DWG '99 lives in Springfield as well.