PDA

View Full Version : Leki Poles Operational Tips...

jrnj5k
06-22-2009, 16:55
I have a pair of Leki Sports. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem i do with their Leki poles. Sometimes when im trying to tighten them they just spin inside the shaft and I cant get them to catch so i have to slide the whole shaft out and loosen the expander. Then when I put them back in if i twist it slowly it catches and all is well. I just wondering if i was doing something wrong or if everyone has this problem....

Thanks

Jeremy

Strategic
06-22-2009, 18:38
I have a pair of Leki Ultralight Makalu's that do the same thing. It seems to come from dust getting up into the expander. I've found that if I wiped off the lower shafts before I collapse them, that keeps it from happening.

Phreak
06-22-2009, 18:42
Apply a small amount of saliva to the plastic expander... it'll allow it to grab when you are tightening it.

RedneckRye
06-22-2009, 19:23
Don't loosen any more than necessary when you are going to adjust them. Otherwise the expander will just spin inside of the larger pole section.

Blissful
06-22-2009, 20:28
You're doing the right thing according the gal we talked to at Trail Days.

RockDoc
06-25-2009, 22:24
A lot of people think that they are broken when that happens. But yes, all you have to do is recapture the plastic threaded sleeve, rethread, and tighten up.

Best not to untighten so much as to separate from the plastic piece.

Chomp09
06-27-2009, 21:51
You COULD do all that work to keep fixing them, ORRR...you could trade them in for a pair of black diamond clip locks and never have that problem again.

Elder
06-27-2009, 22:43
You COULD do all that work to keep fixing them, ORRR...you could trade them in for a pair of black diamond clip locks and never have that problem again.
:-? and loose strength....