PDA

View Full Version : I'm off!!

Jo-To
06-23-2009, 12:34
Well I had planned my section hike earlier this year,booked a shuttle,took off work,got everything in order,and BAM! I sprained my knee at work a little over 3wks ago. At first the doctor thought it was my ACL and told me my summer might be shot. A week later I had the MRI,saw a specilist and was told ACL is ok,just a bad sprain. So I started rehabbing right away,and while its not 100% I feel as though I'm in hiking condition. So now I'm all packed and ready to go. I'll be leaving Jersey Wednesday afternoon and heading to Front Royal. Getting a room for the night hopefully and then my shuttle will pick me up 7:00am Thrusday to drop me off at Milam Gap. From there I'll be heading North to Bears Den Hostel where I'll be ending. From what everyones been posting SNP sounds like its going to be a good hike.Wish me luck.

On the note of luck,does anyone know of any motels,hotels,rooms avaible in the Front Royal area that I can stay over night pretty cheap? This is my first trip to that area and I'm not too familar with it. Thanks in advance folks!

MOWGLI
06-23-2009, 12:37
If Sharon Johnson is your shuttle, please tell her Jeffrey Hunter says hello.

Jo-To
06-23-2009, 12:45
If Sharon Johnson is your shuttle, please tell her Jeffrey Hunter says hello.

I'll be using mvshuttle,Rodney is going to be my driver. Sorry...

Alligator
06-23-2009, 12:58
Did you see this (http://www.mvshuttle.com/parkorstaywithus.html) at mvshuttle? Something to ask about.

Jo-To
06-23-2009, 14:55
Hey Alligator i forgot all about that.I'll have to call them up and see if its available wednesday night. Thanks for the tip.

Jo-To
06-23-2009, 20:56
Well i got the mvshuttle hut for wednesday night. I'm all packed and ready to go.I should be in Luray by 6pm wednesday and hiking SNP nobo from Milam Gap by 9am thrusday. See ya all when i get back!

Alligator
06-24-2009, 11:36
Glad that worked out for you and enjoy your hike.