PDA

View Full Version : Dana Loadmaster Longbed warning on Ebay

rootball
06-26-2009, 21:28
If you see the loadmaster on ebay - beware. I tried to get the seller to give a description of condition - and all I got was an answer that the item listing description is accurate - no where in the ad does it mention the condition of the pack - and if you are familiar with the ebay rules you will know that the photos shown do not even have to be of the item being sold. Bottom line - do your homework on this one if your interested - paypal protection may not count for much in this case.

flemdawg1
06-27-2009, 08:22
No Dana Loadmaster nor Dana Longbed listed at this time.

rootball
06-27-2009, 14:13
Try this
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=dana+designs+backpack&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=dana+sesigns+backpack&_osacat=0

Or search Dana Designs K2 External Frame Pack - aka Loadmaster

flemdawg1
06-27-2009, 14:23
Quote: " The pack is in great shape and has minimal signs of wear."

Sounds pretty descriptive to me.

rootball
06-28-2009, 21:24
Either I missed it or it got added. I'll be back/maybe with a retraction.

rootball
06-28-2009, 21:41
I missed that, I guess. And now the seller has sent me a message with the description I was asking for. The first reply message I got just said "none." Do your own thing if interested - I am passing on this one.
I should never try to be a good samaritan - it always blows up in my face.

rootball
06-29-2009, 16:37
There was a description revision to the ebay listing and here is what the seller sent to answer my question:

"I apologize for not responding. I thought we were caught up.
Have you visited the site lately? There are really not many more
details I can give. No missing parts, no rips, no deceptive claims,
it's a great backpack that has seen very little use."

So it sounds like a better deal than I thought. Better safe than sorry.

jcramin
06-30-2009, 11:50
Since being an Ebay person since April of 1998, I can say you will find all kinds of people most of them are not trying to scam anyone. Just remember it is always BUYER BEWARE, not SELLER BE POLITE.

rootball
06-30-2009, 19:19
I'm wary like a marmot - just don't want to over the cliff. But I will if everyone else does.
Paypal is very direct about buyer protection and I like to try and stay within those bounds to make sure I have a backup.
But like I said the seller revised the missing components of the ad and sent me a very detailed description of the item.