PDA

View Full Version : good 2 day hikes

gregugadawg
06-28-2009, 20:31
We have hiked most of the AT in Georgia mainly doing 1 or 2 night hikes. We are probably able to handle around 10 miles per day and slowly working up to maybe 15. I was just curious what the next closest section of the trail outside of Georgia would be that has this type of hike available because I have lost my guidebook currently. We need good access to the trail at both ends as we just drive regular cars no off-road although we have been able to handle most of the forest roads in Georgia such as the one heading to Springer.

Egads
06-28-2009, 20:59
Do Deep Gap to Rock Gap for a two day hike. Start at Dick's Creek Gap for a 3 day hike

fredmugs
06-29-2009, 09:01
Do the Standing Indian loop and you only need one car and most of it will be AT mileage.

Egads
06-29-2009, 12:12
Do Deep Gap to Rock Gap for a two day hike. Start at Dick's Creek Gap for a 3 day hike

Do the Standing Indian loop and you only need one car and most of it will be AT mileage.

My suggestion, Deep Gap to Rock Gap, is the Standing Indian Loop with an option to start at Dick's Creek Gap in GA to add an additional day.