PDA

View Full Version : Am I really getting old...?

wacbzz
06-29-2009, 16:57
I'm thinking that my memory has totally disappeared on me.

In June of '06, my wife and I hiked Ramsey's Draft Wilderness - well worth it, but definitely the hard way (http://www.midatlantichikes.com/id193.html). Anyway, after we left, we stopped at a little store/restaurant/whatever a little ways from the trailhead and had the best hamburger on white bread and Miller High Life that we had ever had.

Now, the reason why we stopped there was because of some review that I had read about online somewhere. Yeah, I know, not a big help, but the reviewer said it was a MUST to stop that this place and try the burger. Wow. He/she was right. After and 11 mile hike up to Hiner Spring and then back down the next morning, that burger was better than wonderful and that High Life only proved to me that it didn't get much better than to be where I and my wife were at that moment. The owner asked us on the way out what had brought us there and I mentioned the article that I read about their burger. He was, to say the least, very surprised that someone actually gave a nod to his little place.

For the life of me, I - and my wife I have to add(!) - cannot remember the name of that little joint on 250. It was NOT T Bone Tooter in Churchville. It was more secluded and, if I recall correctly, wasn't very far from the trailhead.

Can anybody help? Does anybody know what I am talking about? I would be eternally grateful with some help here...!!

Mike Way
06-30-2009, 13:17
I've stopped there many times over the yrs. especially to buy fresh bread. It used to be called White Way Lunch and I think it still is. Just haven't hiked Ramseys for awhile.

TD55
06-30-2009, 13:48
DJ's Whiteway

wacbzz
06-30-2009, 19:51
I've stopped there many times over the yrs. especially to buy fresh bread. It used to be called White Way Lunch and I think it still is. Just haven't hiked Ramseys for awhile.

DJ's Whiteway

Thanks guys for the help...but that's not sounding too familiar. Did this place have a back room with a fooseball table and a pool table? Also, a fireplace...red checkerboard tablecloths? Any pictures? I did a google maps satellite search and the address is definitely not secluded (though I guess in three years, stuff could have come up...?).

Egads
06-30-2009, 19:53
Have you experienced a midlife crisis? :eek:

Frau
06-30-2009, 20:38
Fireplace? How about the Buckthorn Inn? It has the fireplace. Don't know about the rest though. It has been 8 years since I ate there, and then I had tenderloin with bleu cheese, and raspberry sauce.

Foosball table doesn't sound right, though.

When we hiked Ramsey's last year we were very disappointed that the washout has not been repaired.

Frau