PDA

View Full Version : Any NOBO finishers yet?

tlbj6142
07-06-2004, 12:12
Seems like a few folks should be about ready to finish their NOBO hikes. Any yet?

Where is the pack? VT? NH?

My brother is significantly behind the "pack" and is in PA somewhere. But, then, he has been off trail for a total of 2-weeks (maybe more) since he started the end of March.

Speer Carrier
07-06-2004, 12:40
A few have finished. Trailjournals.com lists 3 that have finished. I'm sure others who have not published journals have finished as well. It looks like those who have finished started in Feb/Mar. Many who are publishing journals are about at the half way point, and still many others have quit for one reason or another.

Skink

tlbj6142
07-06-2004, 13:56
Didn't realize TJ had that info. If the pack is about half-way, I'd guess he is not as far behind as he thinks. Might be able to catch up with old friends. Though he seems (from transcribing his journals [a really ****ty job I might ad]) to hangin' with a very small (1-3) tight crowd.

ferryman
07-06-2004, 16:44
:banana Today around 8:30 am, three more northbound thru-hikers arrived at the Kennebec River Crossing from Georgia. Larry "Dusty" and Elizabeth "Lefty" Horrell left Georgia on Feb 14 and will continue on for 151 miles to Katahdin. Also Russell "Enoch" Hobby who left Springer Mtn in Georgia on Feb 15 arrived with his father, Raymond "Coach" (hiked from Manchester Ctr Vermont) and are now also headed to trail's end at Katahdin. Congratulations goes out to those who have made it to the Kennebec River which is about 2,022 miles from Springer. Today's new arrivals bring the total now to 22 hikers who have finished or are within two weeks of reaching the summit of Katahdin. The Northbounders just a keep on coming! :clap

2XL
07-06-2004, 16:57
Officer Taco and Magic have finished. There has been a lot of traffic going through CT for the last couple weeks.

Tim Rich
07-06-2004, 17:19
:banana Today around 8:30 am, three more northbound thru-hikers arrived at the Kennebec River Crossing from Georgia. Larry "Dusty" and Elizabeth "Lefty" Horrell left Georgia on Feb 14 and will continue on for 151 miles to Katahdin. Also Russell "Enoch" Hobby who left Springer Mtn in Georgia on Feb 15 arrived with his father, Raymond "Coach" (hiked from Manchester Ctr Vermont) and are now also headed to trail's end at Katahdin. Congratulations goes out to those who have made it to the Kennebec River which is about 2,022 miles from Springer. Today's new arrivals bring the total now to 22 hikers who have finished or are within two weeks of reaching the summit of Katahdin. The Northbounders just a keep on coming! :clap

Ferryman, what's the southbound traffic like these days?

A-Train
07-06-2004, 17:57
Steve, thanks a lot for the updates. I met Dusty and Lefty hiking in Vermont about a month ago and was right behind Enoch and his dad. Nice to see so many NOBO's completing their treks. Thanks for all you do on the river and sorry to have missed you last year

Highlander II
07-12-2004, 14:03
I was up at Katahdin Saturday (July 10) to hike Katahdin with my Father (Trog) who was finishing off the last 300 or so miles of his AT hike which he started last year. 15-16 had finished as of Saturday. HogWalker (in addition to my Father) also finished on Saturday, though HogWalker went thru this year.

It looked like the early finishers were about 2 weeks faster than last year -- as I remember, the first finished on June 22.

walkin' wally
07-12-2004, 14:16
My wife and I were a few hours behind Mousetrap on the AT at Frye Notch yesterday July 11th. We have had a lot of rain lately so he may have gone to The Cabin in Andover to dry out gear as he said in the log at Baldpate leanto.
He said he wanted to enjoy his 'last state' without all the rain. :sun

2XL
07-12-2004, 14:53
I meet Hogwalker on Memorial day in CT, while I was doing the A.T. Photo project. That guy made some good time.

Highlander II
07-12-2004, 15:05
Hogwalker finished in 107 days with 7 zeros. He was making pretty good time if you care about such things.

RedneckRye
07-12-2004, 17:52
Judging by the number of hikers that passed thru the Billville feed in Port Clinton this weekend, about 50, I'd say your brother is probably in the pack and just dosen't realize it.