PDA

View Full Version : New Thread? Dried Beef.

charlie2008
06-30-2009, 00:22
It comes in a jar, really, really, dried beef......Looks OK, was wondering if anyone had some idea's. Good until 2011....freaking scary. Hell I'll eat anything.

El Toro '94
06-30-2009, 02:36
The stuff made by Armour? Super salty. Like proscuitto or dried ham salty, but made with beef parts. And kind of greasy. Not much taste aside from salt if it's what I think you're talking about. Don't kno about cooking with.

World-Wide
06-30-2009, 03:13
The stuff made by Armour? Super salty. Like proscuitto or dried ham salty, but made with beef parts. And kind of greasy. Not much taste aside from salt if it's what I think you're talking about. Don't kno about cooking with.

I do the all protein intake from time to time and have come close to purchasing the brand you're talking about. Think I'll skip it after your post! W-W

The Old Fhart
06-30-2009, 07:38
Buy it in the soft pouch, not the jar. It is good ripped into pieces and added to mashed potatoes. Also good as pita (or is that Peta?) bread sandwiches with lot of squeeze Parkay.

toegem
06-30-2009, 09:10
It comes in a jar, really, really, dried beef......Looks OK, was wondering if anyone had some idea's. Good until 2011....freaking scary. Hell I'll eat anything.

You could make Cream Chipped Beef, also known as SOS.

sarbar
06-30-2009, 10:06
If soaked and rinsed it is usable :)

I would suggest instead to buy jerky, chop it up fine and use that in meals instead. Using jerky is an easy shelf stable way to have dried beef (or venison, turkey, bison, etc)