PDA

View Full Version : A thought

muddyblaster
07-01-2009, 16:14
:-? Here i am reading this huge thing on what to care and i read needs, something to stop bleeding, and thought, humm i wonder if any one knows this. any way i have something i am bring no matter what and carry with me every were car, in my room, was at school. Nose spray, as in afran, this has two uses, one to clear up that stuff nose and, two, stop that bleeding, it works really well, ive used on numis times, i didnt know if any one knew that but i was just throwing it out there.:D

Maddog
07-01-2009, 16:19
huh???????

muddyblaster
07-01-2009, 16:20
nose spray for like a stuffy nose, works great as somthing to stop the bleeding

muddyblaster
07-01-2009, 16:21
i reread that it doesnt make much sense sorry

Maddog
07-01-2009, 16:25
stops the bleeding from what? do you bleed alot?

muddyblaster
07-01-2009, 16:27
no, like a deep cut, like lets say to the bone, it will controle the bleeding, i know it sounds insane, but it works, well, it wont like stop it, but it will help control it.

flemdawg1
07-01-2009, 16:48
I always liked Johnny Malloy's quote, "No, I do not carry a first-aid kit. My theory is this: If you are not hurt badly, you do not need the kit, and if you are hurt really badly, your kit would not do any good."

That being said I carry some gauze pads, duct tape, Neosporin, Hand san and meds (vit I, Immodium and a decongestant).

muddyblaster
07-01-2009, 16:50
Well i thought for my trip im going to carry one, thats just me.

Maddog
07-01-2009, 16:52
good luck! see you on the trail! :)

waywardfool
07-01-2009, 17:45
I had to look at the username twice to be sure that wasn't matthewski :)

Of all the things I could carry...um, not so sure. What's in the stuff?

muddyblaster
07-01-2009, 18:59
i dunno, im not really sure. however it works really really well.

Skidsteer
07-01-2009, 19:16
Afrin is a vasoconstrictor and is reported to work on nosebleeds.

I don't think I would rely on it for deep cuts however.

muddyblaster
07-01-2009, 19:28
For me it works well, it helps, it doesnt stop it.

TD55
07-01-2009, 19:50
I would like to politely suggest that if you cut yourself on some part of the body severly enought that the cut goes all the way down to the bone, you may need something more than nose spray to stop the bleeding. I'm not convinced that it would help enough to make a difference. Perhaps it would be better to focus on actual proven first aid procedures.
BTW, stuffy nose is often a sign of allergy to pollen. Try putting local made honey into your diet. It can help build an immunity to the local pollen that is causing the problem. Doesn't always work, but what can you loose? Worth a try.

Desert Reprobate
07-01-2009, 19:54
But with the local honey comes the local bee stings and that's another problem.

TD55
07-01-2009, 19:57
But with the local honey comes the local bee stings and that's another problem.
What do you mean? I cant ell if you are making joke, like you get stung from collecting raw honey? 'SPLAIN.

yaduck9
07-01-2009, 20:01
How did this thread start and where is it going? :-?

snowhoe
07-01-2009, 20:03
I would like to politely suggest that if you cut yourself on some part of the body severly enought that the cut goes all the way down to the bone, you may need something more than nose spray to stop the bleeding. I'm not convinced that it would help enough to make a difference. Perhaps it would be better to focus on actual proven first aid procedures.
BTW, stuffy nose is often a sign of allergy to pollen. Try putting local made honey into your diet. It can help build an immunity to the local pollen that is causing the problem. Doesn't always work, but what can you loose? Worth a try.

well TD55 I guess I might have counted you wrong. Getting local honey does help well at least it helps me. Our Whole food have local honey brought in. I really like the local honey comb. It is also a great energy boost. I carry it when I am hiking a 14teener for that little energy burst. A plus is that it tates good tooo.

Skidsteer
07-01-2009, 20:20
What do you mean? I cant ell if you are making joke, like you get stung from collecting raw honey? 'SPLAIN.

Naw just buy honey from the guy down the street. Local honey. Easy.

TD55
07-01-2009, 20:20
I have troubles in the spring and early summer. I go to the extreme of getting honey from the area that I will be hiking in a month in advance (organic, online). I've been doing this for years and I highly recommend it to anyone with pollen related allergy problems.