PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Gear-"SALE"

hikingshoes
07-02-2009, 06:43
Just order my suunto vectorwatch(brown) for $98.99 w/free shipping.Reg.$219.00 with the sale it down to $109.00,but i called the company and get it for $98.99.Hope this help someone looking for a watch.http://www.mountaingear.com

TwoForty
07-02-2009, 20:27
That's pretty good for a Suunto. I know this doesn't help anyone, but I just got a High Gear Axis for $35 on SAC :D

jcazz
07-02-2009, 20:33
I got mine for $7 in the LLBean employee store 6 years ago -it just needed a new battery.

hikingshoes
07-02-2009, 20:59
thats pretty good to jcazz.TwoForty i have a La Cross to for about the same price you give for your watch.but all three looks great to me.Thanks for your input.
There is more deals on the web site.

hikingshoes
07-06-2009, 13:55
MOUNTAIN GEAR SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Called to check on my order and was told the watch i had order was out of stock.***,i just give you my credit card info and you give me a order# and your telling me your out of them.***,the lady had told me there is stock.I AM PISSED.THEN THE f***kING mng.want me to buy the same watch just a differ color for 150.00,i told him are you crazy there the same watch just a differ color.anyway i told him i would not order a thing from them again.PLus one of the lady i was talking to told to call her mng.that way i(the lady)wouldnt have to come in on her day off.

Feral Bill
07-06-2009, 15:27
MOUNTAIN GEAR SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Called to check on my order and was told the watch i had order was out of stock.***,i just give you my credit card info and you give me a order# and your telling me your out of them.***,the lady had told me there is stock.I AM PISSED.THEN THE f***kING mng.want me to buy the same watch just a differ color for 150.00,i told him are you crazy there the same watch just a differ color.anyway i told him i would not order a thing from them again.PLus one of the lady i was talking to told to call her mng.that way i(the lady)wouldnt have to come in on her day off.

Insane ranting is not going to help you, or to convince anyone that your opinion is of any value.

I have dealt with mountain gear for many years, and know the owner. If you contact them with a civil tone I'd bet they would be happy to make things right.

hikingshoes
07-06-2009, 16:03
Insane-Im not insane,ty.
Convince anyone-im not here to convince no one nor am i wanting someone to chg. there VALUE of MG.
knowing the owner-knowing the owner is nice,some people are lucky.
Now for what im talking about is,if the watch wasnt in stock she needs to be up front.I just dont like to give my INFO out and get the ran around.For as knowing the owner maybe you can put a word in for me.

Alli
07-08-2009, 19:41
Insane ranting is not going to help you, or to convince anyone that your opinion is of any value.

I have dealt with mountain gear for many years, and know the owner. If you contact them with a civil tone I'd bet they would be happy to make things right.

Why should he have to do anything? They messed up, they should do anything they can to make it right if they want his business. When the guys at AGG messed up my order they fixed it immediately, even personally called me to assure me they were making it right. It's called good customer service.

Furthermore, it's just plain rude to attack his character by calling him insane. You've never ordered a new piece of gear and gotten excited by the prospect of getting it in the mail and trying it out?

MintakaCat
07-08-2009, 20:55

I must admit I would be a little POed too. So, for the record, this someone finds value in his opinion. I understand what you're saying Bill, but don't you think you're a little bias here? Just asking.:)

Feral Bill
07-08-2009, 22:23
I must admit I would be a little POed too. So, for the record, this someone finds value in his opinion. I understand what you're saying Bill, but don't you think you're a little bias here? Just asking.:)

Biased? Perhaps, based on 20 odd years of excellent service from MG (since long before they had a web presence). Good people do make bad mistakes, but are less likely to fix them when people go ballistic over them.

hikingshoes
07-08-2009, 23:19
i was just set on getting the watch is all.there not bad people just there service suck,and i didnt act ballistic.I see your good at name calling as well which im not into.for as this post ITS OVER;)have a great hike...Charles
ps.i got a better deal on the watch for less price.
Biased? Perhaps, based on 20 odd years of excellent service from MG (since long before they had a web presence). Good people do make bad mistakes, but are less likely to fix them when people go ballistic over them.

MintakaCat
07-09-2009, 05:40

Hmmm...I kinda get the impression he went ballistic because they didn't fix the problem. So, it looks to me like they dropped the ball first.

Also, if you've ever worked in the retail environment, you would know that plenty of companies go down the tubes riding on their years of excellent service reputation. When it comes to the customer its not about "what have you done for me," but rather "what have you done for me latley?"