PDA

View Full Version : need tip or trick w/UQ

downes911
07-02-2009, 09:19
Just recieved my Mnt. Washington UQ, love it but here is my issue! This model does not have a bottem opening and i am using it with a HH, so after i push the UQ to one side to enter my hammock, the UQ tends to stay cocked to one side, I have not found an easy way to even it on both sides from inside the hammock except for wiggling and squirming. Any more sophisticated (LOL) ways!!!

Red Hat
07-02-2009, 12:29
Suggestions:
1. reach down through your opening and arrange the UQ (probably not very sophisticated)

2. have a zipper put in to your hammock so you can arrange it (see www.hammockforums.net and search "zipper mod")

3. upgrade to a warbonnet blackbird hammock (most sophisticated!)

Cannibal
07-02-2009, 15:14
Suggestions:
3. upgrade to a warbonnet blackbird hammock (most sophisticated!)
Good call! ;) :D

kayak karl
07-02-2009, 18:18
Good call! ;) :D
or the zipper mod:D
I've been thinking about a WB for SOBO. haven't made up my mind yet:-?

Cannibal
07-03-2009, 11:42
or the zipper mod:D
I've been thinking about a WB for SOBO. haven't made up my mind yet:-?
Yeah, that's what I meant. ;)
I actually keep putting off sending in one of my Hennessys to have the zipper mod done, don't know why...just haven't.

You should definitely get a Blackbird because evvvverrrybody is doing it. :banana

freedompirate01
07-03-2009, 12:57
Yessss buy a blackbird or blackbird(s) plural like me! I own 3 of them atm. 8)

Red Hat
07-03-2009, 13:55
Downes911 has replied over on www.hammockforums.net that he intends to go with the zipper mod. That is the least expensive way to solve his problem.

downes911
07-03-2009, 21:44
thanks for the advice, but as RedHat said i did decided to go with the zipmod. I am excited to get it back.
Oh btw RedHat "he" is a she.
love ya anyway!!!

peter_pan
07-04-2009, 09:02
thanks for the advice, but as RedHat said i did decided to go with the zipmod. I am excited to get it back.
love ya anyway!!!

Good call...

ZQ's zipper mod is the "Best Bang for the Buck" out thereIMHO.

Pan

Red Hat
07-04-2009, 10:40
love ya anyway!!!
So sorry, you know what happens when you assume.... I'm a she too...