PDA

View Full Version : Boarding near Baxter?

Frau
07-02-2009, 10:46
I am sure this has been asked and answered in the past. If so will someone send me to the correct link.

Is there a boarding facility near Baxter? We are planning a Katahdin/Acadia long week and would like to find out if there is a boarding kennel--not unlike those at Busch Gardens--intended for dayhikers' dogs--or even folks hiking for a week.

I have a brand new pup I am training, and do not want to leave her at home, but KNow that even if dogs were allowed in Baxter, the hike would be to rigorous for her.

Thanks for the help,

Frau

Frau
07-02-2009, 10:50
'too' rigorous.

AND, might a campground have some sort of impoundment arrangement? I have the means to keep her safe and sound in a campground unsupervised, but that would be irresponsible of me, to both the dog and fellow campers.

Fr.

Dirigo
07-02-2009, 13:17
The only kennel I know of is North Ridge Kennels in Medway, Maine. The # is 207-746-9537.

I have never used this kennel so have no idea what it is like.

I have used Bear Brook Kennels in Brewer, Maine in the past and they were very good, but that was many years ago. They train German Shepherds. It would be between Baxter and Acadia, so you could drop the dog off on your way up to Baxter and pick it up on your way to Bar Harbor.

dirigo

Frau
07-03-2009, 07:09
Thank you!

Fr