PDA

View Full Version : The Town's Inn (and other Inns) in Harpers Ferry

ShelterLeopard
07-02-2009, 23:38
I really want to treat myself to a nice break in Harpers Ferry on next year's thru, and I was wondering, has anyone ever stayed at The Town's Inn? I want to actually get a room to myself for a couple days (not stay in the bunkhouse). My family may even come down and stay at The Harpers Ferry Guesthouse- has anyone stayed there? And recommendations for places to eat or stay (that are right in Harpers Ferry, obviously)? Any good bookstores?

Jack Tarlin
07-02-2009, 23:42
I'm in Harpers Ferry as we speak.

Have never stayed at this place (tho I've seen it).

Everyone I know of who has stayed there (including recently) has spoken well of it.

That being said, if you want to treat yourself to a private room when you're here, you might want to look into the motel option, of which there are several locally.

ShelterLeopard
07-02-2009, 23:47
No motels for me! I want a kind of colonial/Inn stay, something nice, and a room with no tv. The brass trundle bed and wash stand in the Mountain House really appealed to me. Besides, I don't really like motels. Harpers Ferry is my "halfway" point where I'm going to have a really nice couple zero days and replace any gear that needs it, and switch out all winter gear for spring/summer gear. I hope you're having a really good time in Harpers Ferry Tarlin!

World-Wide
07-03-2009, 00:10
No motels for me! I want a kind of colonial/Inn stay, something nice, and a room with no tv. The brass trundle bed and wash stand in the Mountain House really appealed to me. Besides, I don't really like motels. Harpers Ferry is my "halfway" point where I'm going to have a really nice couple zero days and replace any gear that needs it, and switch out all winter gear for spring/summer gear. I hope you're having a really good time in Harpers Ferry Tarlin!

Pretty flexible on accommodations are you?? :rolleyes: W-W

ShelterLeopard
07-03-2009, 00:30
Pretty flexible on accommodations are you?? :rolleyes: W-W

Usually I really am flexible, I'm happy anywhere that's kind of dryish- it's just that I have this idealized vision of Harpers Ferry as kind of colonial and simple, and perfect. And I found the absolute perfect room- usually when I get some idealized picture in my head, it doesn't quite end up how I picture it, but I hope this will!

Blue Jay
07-03-2009, 09:55
The Town's Inn is flat out my absolute favorite place to stay on the Trail. I've hiked with and without money over the years and have tried to experience everywhere along the AT. I adore the Doyle and have stayed there more for very different reasons, however, the Town's Inn is flat out my absolute favorite place to stay on the Trail.

ShelterLeopard
07-03-2009, 11:42
The Town's Inn is flat out my absolute favorite place to stay on the Trail. I've hiked with and without money over the years and have tried to experience everywhere along the AT. I adore the Doyle and have stayed there more for very different reasons, however, the Town's Inn is flat out my absolute favorite place to stay on the Trail.

Awesome!!! I was hoping someone would say that- I can't wait to stay there. (And I suppose I'll have to stay at The Doyle as well)

johnnybgood
07-03-2009, 18:40
I also would recommend The Town's inn Mountain House for the best accommadations , hands down the best place in town. Call (304) 702-1872

Downhill Trucker
07-04-2009, 17:52
I stayed there and loved it. Great outfitter next door as well.

shoe
07-05-2009, 01:36
Get a provate room at the Town's Inn. Solves all your problems.

ShelterLeopard
07-05-2009, 12:51
Get a provate room at the Town's Inn. Solves all your problems.

That's exactly what I'm planning on. I'm going to get a private room for three nights- it'll be a nice change from bunkhouses (I love bunkhouses, but again, it'll be a nice change!). I even know which room I want!