PDA

View Full Version : The Lodge

Former Admin
10-19-2002, 15:50
Comments, concerns, opinions, experiences, etc ... related to the Lodge at Amicalola SP

chief
10-20-2002, 00:15
my only experience with the lodge is they serve a mean breakfast buffet. rather than stay at the lodge, my friends and i rented one of the cabins for 2 nights before beginning our hike in 2000. i don't recommend you party for 2 days prior to starting (as we did. least we had some anti-freeze in us for that 20 something day), but i highly recommend the cabins.

ez-does-it
10-20-2002, 09:26
;)
The Lodge at Amicalola is worth staying at in my opion.I stayed there in 01 and 02 and the staff there were very hiker friendly,good clean rooms,good food and great big roaring fire place to warm yourself up when hanging out in the Lodge pluse a great sun set.That is mt $0.02 worth. ;)
:p

Jumpstart
01-14-2003, 17:43
I second that. Worth every penny to start your hike off showered, clean and smelling like roses. It will be the last time in a long time :) plus, they had a great dinner, a reasonable breakfast, and if you're a Yankee like I am, it will be your first exposure to the Georgia accent :) "Ya'll fixin' to go hi-KING to day?" loved it.....