PDA

View Full Version : Heartfelt Thanks!...

Frau
07-04-2009, 17:19
To all the helpers who carried the sick hiker off of the Belfast Trail last evening.

Nessmuk and I are the only hikers on our squad, so when the call went out for "chest pain, 35 y.o. male, i mile up the Belfast Trail", we headed out. We asked for a Stokes Basket and wheel. Two more members responded with same. Were it NOT, however for the young, strapping fellows, and one middle aged fellow, who helped to guide/carry the Stokes basket down to the trailhead, we meager few of the rescue squad would have had quite a time of it.

God bless, and thanks to all the helpers. The patient arrived safely and in a timely manner, because of each one of you!

Frau
and Nessmuk
Glasgow First Aid Crew (Rescue 3)

clodhopper
07-04-2009, 18:12
Great story-there are a tremendous amount of awesome people that hike. Clearly that includes you too.

Thanks for sharing.

-SEEKER-
07-04-2009, 18:26
Thank you to all who help with rescues. While on my Spring hike this year I was present during the rescue of a female hiker in The Smokies and a gentleman I had been hiking with had to be rescued from Curley Maple Gap Shelter. It is a very emotional experience to see the process in action.

TOW
07-04-2009, 19:37
Right on, good job!

Summit
07-04-2009, 21:03
God bless all who volunteer and respond when help is needed. Great effort . . . great outcome!