PDA

View Full Version : ten million steps

pahillbillybear
07-05-2009, 22:39
Taking my time reading this one, not so much as to allow time for Nimbleweeds writing to sink in, but because I have other things to do. Nimbleweed is an average writer, and that is fine by me. No flowery language here. No big words. Written simple enough so most 7th or 8th grader can read and comprehend. The thing about Nimbleweed is his attitude towards life and people. He sees the sun through the rain. I am only 1\4 of the way finished, and most of his days have been filled with rain. He comes across as a loving kind hearted guy. He is also tough as nails. The book is written in journal form. Check it out.

Rain Man
07-06-2009, 09:07
I agree on the review.

But I think it's Nimblewill, not Nimbleweed?

Rain:sunMan

Rockhound
07-06-2009, 11:03
How much for a quarter of that "Nimbleweed"? Just by the name it sounds like it may help my hiking ability.:D

DavidNH
07-06-2009, 11:22
I have this book and have read it. Great book. Yeah no flowery language but that's perfectly OK. Yeah the guy has some kind of stick to it ivness.

Early in the book He is hiking in Florida and gets wet, stove explodes or something and he dissolves. But he picked him self up, in fact he always picks himself up, and somehow perseveres.

He was dealing with some kinds of personal issues on his trip (the book never really goes into them) and I think used his religious faith to over come the many battles.

Never mind having the time, I doubt 90+ % of the people would ever be able to hike from Key West to Gaspe all in one year! The achievement is truly remarkable!

David

Elder
07-06-2009, 11:51
Nimblewill Nomad is on the North Country Trail this year..

:banana:D:banana:D:banana

I believe nimblewillnomad.com.:-?

pahillbillybear
07-06-2009, 11:51
Istand corrected. Nlmblewill. I don't smoke anything 'cept maybe a bit of hickory under my steak. If you need something to help you with your hiking, I recommend a bagel or a couple big sourdough pretzels.

brooklynkayak
08-12-2009, 11:49
I liked the book. It was inspiring.
It is a bit candy coated or I should say, he doesn't complain much about the hardships.
He doesn't talk bad about people much.
Trail angels of any kind always get included with a big thanks.

Although it may not be a literary masterpiece, he is a good writer and quite literate.

neighbor dave
08-12-2009, 11:58
nimblewill nomad is a great guy, and his good buddy gordon is a great guy too!! saw and hiked with him on the p.c.t. last summer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpXDPndON6A

Ender
08-12-2009, 13:39
I hiked around NN for a few days back in '98... he's a fantastic guy, and one heck of a strong hiker. I still haven't picked up the book, but I always mean to. Maybe this year will be the year I finally get it.

wtmntcaretaker
08-12-2009, 13:49
neighbor dave that poem he recites is great! who wrote it?

neighbor dave
08-12-2009, 14:25
neighbor dave that poem he recites is great! who wrote it?

he did:welcome

wtmntcaretaker
08-12-2009, 14:31
that is Awesome!