PDA

View Full Version : Whole new meaning to Cameling Up

rickb
07-07-2009, 19:21
Camel To Make Climb Up Mount Washington
Dromedary To Follow Trail Blazed By Unicycle, Segway

PINKHAM NOTCH, N.H. -- A camel will attempt to ascend Mount Washington this week.

Josh, a dromedary camel from Lempster, N.H., will attempt to become the first camel to trek to the summit of the highest peak in the Northeast. The climb will begin in the pre-dawn hours of Wednesday, or Hump Day.

Mount Washington Auto Road spokesman Ryan Triffitt said the camel's climb will be the latest unusual ascent to the peak. The trek was previously made by a unicycle, a Segway and a man pushing a wheelbarrow containing 100 pounds of sugar.

Josh the camel has appeared on the Discovery Channel's "Wreckreation Nation." The camel and its handlers should reach the summit before the auto road opens to private vehicles, and the camel will spend the day at the summit, posing for photographs.

Tell Us More: E-mail WMUR your tips and story ideas.

Copyright 2009 by WMUR. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

mweinstone
07-07-2009, 19:48
is their a back up camel if the primary camel fails? cause that would discust you down to my level no matter what. im against the cammel. i want it uthanized if its a hollywood cammel star child especialy. i belive i speak for all camels when i say we are not happyest being filmed doing mountainclimbing. an this is from a hiker who eats camels regularly but only fair trade range raised cammel. mmmmmmmmmmmmm camel.

Homer&Marje
07-08-2009, 08:17
Gonna have to airlift that backup camel somewhere to the middle of the road...some nice exposed parts with no guard rail though.

I really think an attempt of this sort should be undertaken in the winter time. Camels gonna laugh at that mountain...and then spit on it:D

Will now be and forever known as Camel Spit Mountain:rolleyes:

Wolf - 23000
07-08-2009, 12:28
is their a back up camel if the primary camel fails? cause that would discust you down to my level no matter what. im against the cammel. i want it uthanized if its a hollywood cammel star child especialy. i belive i speak for all camels when i say we are not happyest being filmed doing mountainclimbing. an this is from a hiker who eats camels regularly but only fair trade range raised cammel. mmmmmmmmmmmmm camel.

We have plenty here were I'm at. When can you drive by to pick one up?

Wolf

rickb
07-08-2009, 19:28
We have plenty here were I'm at. When can you drive by to pick one up?

Wolf

Do they still use them as Scud missile launchers?