PDA

View Full Version : Abol Bridge store

El Toro '94
07-07-2009, 21:11
If anyone knows, what kind of supplies/food do they stock? Would I be able to stock up for Monson? Am thinking of hiking back to Monson or maybe Andover after finishing a NOBO next year, and would rather not carry a round trip's worth of supplies from Monson if I can avoid it. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, Lipton dinners/Hamburger helper would be fine.
My only time in there was 15 years ago, and I only remember buying snickers and beer.

jamarshall
07-07-2009, 21:28
The usual camp store type food, oatmeal, hot cocoa, a few dried meals, some canned stuff. Beer and sodas. Lots of snack food. We stock up in Millinocket before heading out the Golden Road. They also have sandwiches available.

I wouldn't depend on it for long term supply, but I always buy a big cookie to take for a walk in the woods :)

fancyfeet
07-08-2009, 01:07
Since I SOBO'd through Abol, I didn't need any food. I only remember buying cheese and a Coke.

garlic08
07-08-2009, 10:11
From what I remember hiking NOBO through there last year, it would be difficult and expensive to resupply for a 100 mile hike at that store.