PDA

View Full Version : Gear List

Nasty Dog Virus
07-08-2009, 07:56
I'm leaving for a 4 day hike in a few hours. I wrote down everything as I put it in my pack. Weather will be highs in the 80s with lows to upper 50s with isolated t-storms the last 2 days. Please take a look at the list and let me know any areas for improvement....thx

Darkstar

Pack/Shelter/Bag:
Osprey Kestrel 48 w/raincover
ENO Doublenest Hammock (straps removed from sack)
ENO Guardian Bugnet (stuff sack removed)
ENO Slapstraps (I've ordered poly webbing/cinch buckles to replace these)
(2) Camp Nano Biners
Kelty Noahs Tarp 12
(8) Nite-Ite plastic line tensioners (I love these, I hate knots)
(6) Reflective Guylines (6ft ea.)
(6) MSR Groundhog Stakes
Eureka 40deg Synthetic Bag
Thermarest Z-lite Pad
Thermarest Pillow (luxery I will not do without) :)

Kitchen:
MSR Pocket Rocket w/ 8oz. fuel canister
MSR Titan Kettle
Aluminium foil windscreen
MSR 12.75oz insulated mug
MSR spork
Small 4"x4" pack towel
Katadyn HikerPro Filter
(2) 32oz. Gatorade bottles

Clothes:
I'll be wearing boots, wicking liner socks, merino wool socks, poly t-shirt/shorts/boxer briefs, & a bandana when I leave. This is in the pack:

Marmot Precip Jacket
Mid-weight poly thermals (top & bottom)
Extra pair wool socks
Extra bandana

Misc:
Princeton-tec headlamp
Petzl E-lite
Canon Powershot A420 camera
1/2 roll of TP
Sm. Bic lighter
Waterproof matches
.5 fl oz spray Deet bugspray
Sportstick spf50 sunscreen
AT map
1" Gerber knife
(3) tiny aluminum biners
Miniture playing cards
Cellphone
(2) pair foam earplugs
Compass
Paperback book (Education of a Wandering Man - Loius L'Amore)
Alcohol pads, band aids, neosporin, purell, tums, ibuprofen
Crocs

Thats it except for food which is all clif bars, mtn house meals, and instant coffee...4 days worth. I wish I had a scale to see what the pack weighs with & without water.

Nasty Dog Virus
07-08-2009, 08:03
oops :rolleyes: forgot the toothbrush/tooth paste! I knew I made this list for a reason...

SARdaddy
07-08-2009, 14:45
Nice list, I love making lists! It is a great tool to see what you really need to take. By writing it down it makes me take the time to judge the item. I also like to lay everything out and take a quick glance. I think it's from reading the "Walker" book by Collin too many times as a young man. Love that cover shot!

Nasty Dog Virus
07-11-2009, 22:48
I just got back from the PA->WV hike (40mi). Turns out the I packed all the right stuff for this trip. The only two items that I did not use the entire time were the head bugnet and the thermal bottoms.

I did get a chance to weigh the pack with all the above items before my trip...

21.5 lbs with no food or water
29.3 lbs with 2 liters of water & 4 days food

Wags
07-11-2009, 23:17
where in that section did you feel you needed the sunblock? also nice to see you using the hammockforums.net ring buckle/just jeff setup!

Nasty Dog Virus
07-12-2009, 07:54
where in that section did you feel you needed the sunblock? also nice to see you using the hammockforums.net ring buckle/just jeff setup!

I could have gotten away without the sunblock while hiking. In fact I didn't use the sunblock until I got to Harpers Ferry yesterday. I had a few hours to kill before my ride showed up so I put on the sunblock before running around town. You are right though, I could have left the sunblock at home...