PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Sierra Stove

Mrs Baggins
07-08-2009, 09:25
My husband looked at the Zip website and saw a titanium Sierra stove there. He's in love. I thought I'd order it for his birthday but I cannot find it anywhere. The Zip website says it's out of stock "until 2008 or 2009" which maybe tells me that either it hasn't even been made since 2007 or they're just way behind on updating the site. I've tried ebay, Amazon, Sierra Trading Post and Campmor - nothing. Anyone know if it's no longer manufactured? Or where to find one? :confused:

Rain Man
07-08-2009, 09:28
Just an idea, but check with some of the outfitters up and down the trail? They could have one gathering dust on a display shelf.

Rain:sunMan

zelph
07-08-2009, 11:45
Part 111T - Sierra Stove - Titanium
This is the SIERRA STOVE TITANIUM only, with no accessories. Weighs only 9.9 ounces. Only spark arrestor and kettle are compatible. Do not order item #161, #10, #517, #395A, or #398.
Price: $129.00 We are sorry the Titanium stove is out of stock. We are expecting to have them spring/summer 2009.

Very interesting to see someone will pay the price for titanium. I think I need to make a material switch over on my stoves:)

Send them an email and ask if any dealers have one in stock.

Mrs Baggins
07-08-2009, 11:49
Part 111T - Sierra Stove - Titanium
This is the SIERRA STOVE TITANIUM only, with no accessories. Weighs only 9.9 ounces. Only spark arrestor and kettle are compatible. Do not order item #161, #10, #517, #395A, or #398.
Price: $129.00 We are sorry the Titanium stove is out of stock. We are expecting to have them spring/summer 2009.

Very interesting to see someone will pay the price for titanium. I think I need to make a material switch over on my stoves:)

Send them an email and ask if any dealers have one in stock.

I stand corrected on the availability date. I was sure I'd read "2008" in there somewhere. At any rate, I have emailed them to find out more about where I can get one. I'll let you know what they say.

mkmangold
07-08-2009, 19:38
My husband looked at the Zip website and saw a titanium Sierra stove there. He's in love. I thought I'd order it for his birthday but I cannot find it anywhere. The Zip website says it's out of stock "until 2008 or 2009" which maybe tells me that either it hasn't even been made since 2007 or they're just way behind on updating the site. I've tried ebay, Amazon, Sierra Trading Post and Campmor - nothing. Anyone know if it's no longer manufactured? Or where to find one? :confused:

Is he in love with the weight? The fact that it burns anything combustible? That you don't have to carry fuel? The fan? The speed at which it boils water? Others?

Mrs Baggins
07-08-2009, 19:53
Is he in love with the weight? The fact that it burns anything combustible? That you don't have to carry fuel? The fan? The speed at which it boils water? Others?

All of the above. He went backpacking with my brother in law who has the regular Sierra Stove (not titanium) and he loved the whole thing about it burning sticks or other fire materials. Loves the fan, how hot it burned and how well it boiled (he ended up not using my Pocket Rocket that he had taken along and they used just the Sierra Stove) - just the whole idea of it. I didn't post to get editorial opinions on it or recommendations for other stoves. I just want to know where to find them - period.

JERMM
07-08-2009, 20:01
check here

http://wisementrading.com/campstoves/zipztoves.htm

Mrs Baggins
07-09-2009, 05:36
I rec'd this reply about the Titanium stove. I'll give them a call.

Thank you for contacting us.

We just got the titanium model Sierra stove back in production.
It should be back on our web site in the next week or so. Or,
you can call 888-891-8411 to order one today. We do have them in
stock and ready to ship.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or we can help
you in anyway.

Mrs Baggins
07-13-2009, 11:12
Just ordered the titanium Sierra Stove. It does have the fan that the regular Sierra Stove has. It'll be a birthday gift for hubby in late August, so won't be able to provide any reviews til sometime after that.