PDA

View Full Version : Need Transportation (NYC -> DWG)

Whup Whup
07-08-2009, 16:30
I came into NYC a few days ago on some business, but my ride back is unexpectedly unable to get me back to Delaware Water Gap (DWG). What is the best/cheapest way for me to get back to DWG, or is there anyone out there who can help me? My business in NYC will not be complete until 7/13/09.

Please help out a current thru-hiker.

Whup Whup

Alligator
07-08-2009, 16:33
Take the bus.

Johnny Thunder
07-08-2009, 16:38
More specifically, the bus to Stroudsburg, PA (maybe it's East Stroudsburg). Martz used to be the operator...they're probably eventually owned by Greyhound so visit their site for more information. The Port Authority in New York is convenient on the 123, NQRW, F, and the ACE trains.

Whup Whup
07-08-2009, 18:46
More specifically, the bus to Stroudsburg, PA (maybe it's East Stroudsburg). Martz used to be the operator...they're probably eventually owned by Greyhound so visit their site for more information. The Port Authority in New York is convenient on the 123, NQRW, F, and the ACE trains.

Thank you. I will probably do that as it's fairly cheap (< $30). Now I just have to figure out where to stay that night as the bus doesn't get to Stroudsburg until 9 pm and the Greyhound website does not give a map-able address for the Stroudsburg bus station.

Johnny Thunder
07-08-2009, 19:24
Get to Stroudsburg and take a cab to DWG. You should still be able to stay at the church hostel even if you don't arrive until 10.

Alligator
07-08-2009, 20:23
It's a short walk into town from the bus station.

dperry
07-08-2009, 20:23
The odd thing about Stroudsburg is that it has two bus stations, neither of which is actually in Stroudsburg.

The good thing about this for you is that the main Stroudsburg stop (not to be confused with Stroudsburg Park and Ride) is actually in DWG. Here's the map:

http://www.martztrailways.com/terminal-maps.asp?term=dwg

From there it's not too far of a walk to the church hostel. It's on Main St., to the right as you will be walking, a little before you reach the street where the trail crosses (which is marked with a sign.) Just make sure your ticket is for the main Stroudsburg stop, not Stroudsburg Park and Ride.

Old Grouse
07-08-2009, 20:44
Speak to the bus driver as you get on, to make sure he knows where you're getting off. Just don't expect him to be Mr. Personality.

Whup Whup
07-09-2009, 09:33
Thank you to everyone who replied. Pretty sure I have a solid plan now. I'll let you know how it goes.