PDA

View Full Version : Moved posts

Different Socks
07-12-2009, 21:29
When a post is moved, how do you know where to find it?

emerald
07-12-2009, 21:44
You'll need to know its coordinates. Do you have something against wearing matching socks?

Different Socks
07-12-2009, 21:57
You'll need to know its coordinates. Do you have something against wearing matching socks?

It's how I got my trail name. Back in 1991, I was contemplating several different names. I wanted my trail name to be unique, never before used on the AT. Sitting on top of a peak in the White Mtns, the summer b4 I did the trail, my girlfriend noticed that i didn't wear matching color socks when i hike, so she suggested "Different Socks" and the name stuck.

emerald
07-12-2009, 22:01
I see, said he, a sentence less than 10 characters.

emerald
07-12-2009, 22:03
Do you carry a cell phone or do you carry maps?

Bearpaw
07-12-2009, 22:05
Go to the forum where you posted it and look for it. When I move a post, I always leave a temporary pointer, usually 2-3 days. There is a link there that takes you to the section where the thread was moved.

MOWGLI
07-12-2009, 22:07
Go to the forum where you posted it and look for it. When I move a post, I always leave a temporary pointer, usually 2-3 days. There is a link there that takes you to the section where the thread was moved.

Move this thread into Forum Help Topics, and I think it will be clear. ;)

emerald
07-12-2009, 22:10
If you are looking for one of your own posts, go here (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=6425506).

Different Socks
07-12-2009, 23:23
Do you carry a cell phone or do you carry maps?

I don't see the connection between the two, but to answer your queston, I always carry maps. Don't have a cell phone(just another bill to pay) and even if I did I would leave it at home every time I go hiking. If I get into a situation, I get myself out of it.

Wise Old Owl
07-12-2009, 23:41
Well non of my posts have truly moved anyone, I have lost a few, discovered other posts, some of my posts have truly disappeared. And a few deserved or needed to be deleted. One cannot take the Internet personally.... And to answer the the other part Different Socks - my AT or Government trail maps are on Babylonian clay tablets because they hold up in a rainstorm or a little longer than that hemp or papyrus stuff. Yea I am that Old.

emerald
07-12-2009, 23:56
I don't see the connection between the two, but to answer your queston, I always carry maps. Don't have a cell phone (just another bill to pay) and even if I did I would leave it at home every time I go hiking. If I get into a situation, I get myself out of it.

Some hikers think a cell phone is a substitute for maps. I'm glad to learn you're not one of them!

Did you find what you couldn't find?

Different Socks
07-13-2009, 00:47
Yep, thanks emerald!