PDA

View Full Version : Found GPS

Montana Mac
07-13-2009, 14:51
If anybody lost a Garmin GPS in NJ I found one. I called Garmin and they said the unit is registered and if I send it in they will get it to the owner. They would not tell me to whom it was registered.

I am going to hold it for a few days and if it is yours send me a PM with the serial number and model and I will mail it directly to you. The girl at Garmin didn't really convince me that they would get it back to the owner.

Shutterbug
07-13-2009, 15:39
If anybody lost a Garmin GPS in NJ I found one. I called Garmin and they said the unit is registered and if I send it in they will get it to the owner. They would not tell me to whom it was registered.

I am going to hold it for a few days and if it is yours send me a PM with the serial number and model and I will mail it directly to you. The girl at Garmin didn't really convince me that they would get it back to the owner.

I am just curious. What would it take to for the girl to convince you?

Manwich
07-13-2009, 15:46
Is it a garmin etrex? yellow?

i've lost over a year ago.

MintakaCat
07-13-2009, 16:00
My Garmin Legend has a screen on it where you can put your name and address. It shows up on the very first screen on power up. Have you checked for that yet?

Foyt20
07-13-2009, 16:03
My GPS shows me exactly where I am when I turn it on.

;)

Hope you get it back to the owner.

Ghosthiker
07-13-2009, 19:02
Have you checked for a 'Home" waypoint? Also, based on teh times I have dealt with Garmin and their tech support, I'd probably trust them to do their best to return it.

WalkingStick75
07-13-2009, 19:20
My Garmin has a micro SD card that has a ownerinfo.txt file just in case they missed my name and email on the welcome screen.

flemdawg1
07-13-2009, 20:27
Anyone else think there's something ironic about a lost GPS?

saimyoji
07-13-2009, 20:31
Anyone else think there's something ironic about a lost GPS?

the GPS isn't lost....Mac has it.:rolleyes:

Montana Mac
07-15-2009, 11:25
I checked the unit for owner info, checked way points hoping to a find a "home" waypoint. No info. Also there is not an sd card in the unit - the slot is empty.

This coming Friday I will be sending he unit back to Garmin unless I hear from the owner. I am sure Garmin will do their best to get it to the owner.

Montana Mac
07-20-2009, 11:45
The Garmin that I found has been returned to Garmin. If you lost one the one I found was:
Colorado 440T
Serial # 18Z012817

It was mailed Friday to Garmin by insured, priority mail. They should receive it today.