PDA

View Full Version : Vermont July 31st -Aug 9th

sasquatch2014
07-13-2009, 22:55
Hey all you fellow fools out there. I am looking to get out and knock off VT. I need to do all of the state from Bennington Rt 9 north. I was thinking about making this a SoBo hike but am flexible on this. If anyone is interested in doing all or part of this with me let me know. I will have my dog with me. Based on the distance I figure we will need to stay in the area of 14 miles a day or better.

Tinker
07-13-2009, 23:53
Hey all you fellow fools out there. I am looking to get out and knock off VT. I need to do all of the state from Bennington Rt 9 north. I was thinking about making this a SoBo hike but am flexible on this. If anyone is interested in doing all or part of this with me let me know. I will have my dog with me. Based on the distance I figure we will need to stay in the area of 14 miles a day or better.

I hope you and Hank have a good hike. I'll be busy, but if I can possibly make it, I'd like to meet up with you at Little Rock or Stratton ponds, two of my favorite places on the Long Trail.

sasquatch2014
07-14-2009, 08:11
I will give you a shout as things firm up and I know when I'll be passing through those areas. I haven't really been out for a real hike since our last Fools trip back in April. I hope all has been well in your world. It sounds like the shop is busy thats a good thing.

Tinker
07-14-2009, 08:28
Things are going well for me, especially since I believe I've kicked the Lyme disease thing (caught it early enough). I've gained a few pounds of fat and lost a lot of muscle mass being, for the most part, housbound (have to stay out of direct sunlight while taking Doxycycline).
Chatter and I will be hiking Mt. Mansfield this weekend and hope to visit Peanut. I have to get out. I was going to go to the ATC meeting in Vt. but decided to do a hike instead. I haven't hiked since May, myself. Take care.

Manwich
07-14-2009, 09:05
Me and a group of 6 will be going NoBo from Stratton to Killington (7/26-7/31)

sasquatch2014
07-14-2009, 10:31
Think I'll miss you guys then It now looks like the trail will be NoBo for me. how quickly plans change.

sasquatch2014
07-14-2009, 10:57
I had forgotten about a commitment that I have on the 9th out in Mass north of Boston. Here is the new plan.

Leave about the 29th and park the car. Get up tot he trail head on Rt 9 out of Bennington Vt. point north and start to walk. I have family over near Hanover NH. I will try to get family to meet me there on the night of the 7th or the am of the 8th. Head over to my event in Manchester-by-the-Sea on the 9th. Returning with family to get the car on the night of the 9th and driving home. It is all so simple this way now I just have to get 5 other friends and family to all agree to my ever so well thought out plan and I'm golden.:banana

mudcap
07-14-2009, 20:13
I had forgotten about a commitment that I have on the 9th out in Mass north of Boston. Here is the new plan.

Leave about the 29th and park the car. Get up tot he trail head on Rt 9 out of Bennington Vt. point north and start to walk. I have family over near Hanover NH. I will try to get family to meet me there on the night of the 7th or the am of the 8th. Head over to my event in Manchester-by-the-Sea on the 9th. Returning with family to get the car on the night of the 9th and driving home. It is all so simple this way now I just have to get 5 other friends and family to all agree to my ever so well thought out plan and I'm golden.:banana

Small world,I just arrived home from a trip to Hanover/Lebanon to pick up a dead car for a friend. I live in Northern NY,at least 600 miles roundtrip, it was a LONG trip/16 hours.Crossed at the ferry at Plattsburgh NY,what a beautiful drive! I fell in love with that area

sasquatch2014
07-14-2009, 23:33
Well I got 3 of the five to mostly buy in to my grand plan but then one of the key players just shot it all to hell so I am back to the drawing board.

Askus3
07-15-2009, 15:55
I don't know if I could be of any help but Aug. 9 I am leaving Warwick, NY to Glencliff, NH to hike AT southbound to West Hartford, VT. Is there anyway that ride could help?

sasquatch2014
07-16-2009, 09:22
I appreciate the offer but I need to be wrapped up by then. I hope you have a great hike.