PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Trail Study - Sex on the Appalachian Trail

Johnny Swank
07-14-2009, 20:20
Been plugging some numbers from my AT Thru-hiker study. Here's some, um, interesting takes about sex on the AT.

http://sourcetosea.net/sex-on-the-appalachian-trail/

Some sample remarks:

"there is sex on the trail… it’s not pretty, but it’s primal"
"There was not sex for ME on the trail "
"No going there :)"

Dr O
07-14-2009, 21:20
countdown until someone mentions a senator in 3 2 1

Lone Wolf
07-14-2009, 21:26

senator lone wolf here to report i never had a problem with gettin' some on the trail. what's the problem?

saimyoji
07-14-2009, 21:29
senator lone wolf here to report i never had a problem with gettin' some on the trail. what's the problem?

nobody wants your sloppy seconds. :eek:

chomp
07-14-2009, 22:22
Been plugging some numbers

That's not ALL you've been pluggin...

ba dum dum.

Ox97GaMe
07-14-2009, 23:39
The ratio is greater than 3 to 1 (male to female). The year I hiked, it was 4 to 1. Single women on the trail are wanting sex. Usually by the time they get into central VA, they are ready to pair up with someone. The guy carries the extra weight in exchange for the evening affections. That is not to say that ALL women on the trail are having sex, but when a woman on the trail wants it, she doesnt have to look very far to get it. Like a kid in a candy store. And believe me, they are sizing up the prospects constantly.

Johnny Swank
07-14-2009, 23:41
So, what's your position on AT lovin'?

Thanks, I'll be here all night. Try the veal :)

MikenSalem
07-14-2009, 23:48
So's my daughter n son in law had no jobs, no life, and decide hey lets hike to Maine! I think "get your sorry butt's to work" but relent and decide they'll never have a better opportunity. Needless to say my sponsorship was unappreciated because about Lake Watagua she gets sick, like every morning and is so miserable they can't get a mile in a week. I get the call "Come get us". Suppose what was the problem? Well I loaded the picture, Katahdin Michael Egan McQuinn was born June 2'nd. Defiantly no sex on the trail, possibly everywhere else along the trail. I'm ready to send them out again, being a poppa's da Bomb!

Ox97GaMe
07-14-2009, 23:49
I say find a good rock to bend her over and get primal. I LOVE Pennsylvania. <lol>

Of course, they say Virginia is for Lovers. That is pretty appropriate for AT hikers too.

All kidding aside though.... I find it somewhat difficult to have sex in my bivy or hammock. So, when the mood strikes, usually laying out under the stars makes for a fun and relaxing night of wild animal magnitism.

Ox97GaMe
07-14-2009, 23:52
There are two hikers out this year, their trail names are Knocked Up and Guilty. Im sure THEY never had sexual relations on the trail. <lol>

Matteroo
07-15-2009, 04:36
it happens. more often in town. occasionally on the trail. often energy can be lacking for one or both parties, and that can be enough to prevent it. Full-on intercourse doesn't have to happen for some funny business to occur. a handkerchief or rag can do wonders.

Blue Jay
07-15-2009, 11:05
Single women on the trail are wanting sex. Usually by the time they get into central VA, they are ready to pair up with someone. And believe me, they are sizing up the prospects constantly.

What planet are you from and have you ever met a human female. I know it will be hard for you to believe, but women on the trail are exactly like women everywhere, they are quite happy with or without men.

World-Wide
07-15-2009, 12:12
[quote=Johnny Swank;867973]So, what's your position on AT lovin'?

Preferably "Doggy!" :D W-W

fredmugs
07-15-2009, 13:21

I've probably read at least 1% of LWs posts and that's the best one by far!

gold bond
07-16-2009, 11:19
See there was a big misunderstanding with Gov Sanford......they thought he said he was going to the "Appalachian Trail....when in reality he said he was going to get some "Argintena Tail"....just all a big misunderstanding thats all!!

wtmntcaretaker
07-16-2009, 12:04
thats funny "argentina tail"

Jester2000
07-16-2009, 12:12
What planet are you from and have you ever met a human female. I know it will be hard for you to believe, but women on the trail are exactly like women everywhere, they are quite happy with or without men.

Nice incredibly broad generalization. I suspect the truth is somewhere between your post and the post about which you were commenting.

Red Beard
07-16-2009, 12:44
In my experience, most women want sex worse than men. The only difference is:

1. Women can usually get it easier than men.
2. Women will never admit they want it worse than you do.

Petr
07-16-2009, 17:58
"There was not sex for ME on the trail ""[/I]

I assume that this was because of Maine's well-known level of difficulty...no extra energy to burn off. Hopefully this person had his/her fun in the lower 13.

Dr O
07-16-2009, 20:41
all my trail experiences have been solo. Anyone want to buy a used sleeping bag?

Ox97GaMe
07-16-2009, 21:53
Maybe my posting was a bit too general. Maybe not ALL women on the trail are looking for it. BUT... Reality is that about the time the northbound hikers leave out of Damascus, a lot of the single women are starting to look for single men to pair up with. I dont believe that the ONLY reason is to have sex.

By that distance, you have started forming your hiking circles. Folks that hike the same pace as you, have common interests, and that you get along with. It is a co-ed circle. You are around the same individuals for many hours each day. Friendships blossom, you get comfortable around each other, and thing just naturally progress to the next step.

By that distance, a single hiker has eliminated most of the 'excess' pack weight that they started with. There isnt much more trimming that can be done without starting to trade out current gear with new, lighter gear. To reduce weight, you must think about sharing items with a hiking partner (one stove, one filter, one tent). A hiker could pair up with same gender, and this sometimes happens. More times than not though, hikers pair up with the opposite sex, so as to maximum the 'benefits' of a hiking partner.

And I agree with the comment about women on the trail being just like women everywhere. Actually people on the trail are like people everywhere. men are the hunters/providers, women are the gatherers/housekeepers. For this reason, you see the hiker women are looking for strong men to be able to carry as many of the luxuries as possible. Hiking men are looking for the cute ones that are good cooks.

And, just as with the real world, the women generally win out when the selection process is complete. It is about supply and demand. With 3-4 men for every woman hiker, the woman can be selective when choosing her hiking partner. Like the old saying goes... If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy. Strong guys willling to carry a pretty woman's gear come a dime a dozen on the trail. And dont think for a moment that single women on the trail arent aware of that very fact.

drastic_quench
07-16-2009, 23:58
I've got to echo the sentiment that the numbers definitely do not favor the men out there. Don't hit the trail in lieu of a singles bar. In fact, your odds would very likely astronomically increase in a townie bar versus any trail. The hitch is, there's something special - potentially a little magical - about an evening under the stars.

And that is the story of how balds were created.

fancyfeet
07-17-2009, 00:34
Maybe my posting was a bit too general. Maybe not ALL women on the trail are looking for it. BUT... Reality is that about the time the northbound hikers leave out of Damascus, a lot of the single women are starting to look for single men to pair up with. I dont believe that the ONLY reason is to have sex.

By that distance, you have started forming your hiking circles. Folks that hike the same pace as you, have common interests, and that you get along with. It is a co-ed circle. You are around the same individuals for many hours each day. Friendships blossom, you get comfortable around each other, and thing just naturally progress to the next step.

By that distance, a single hiker has eliminated most of the 'excess' pack weight that they started with. There isnt much more trimming that can be done without starting to trade out current gear with new, lighter gear. To reduce weight, you must think about sharing items with a hiking partner (one stove, one filter, one tent). A hiker could pair up with same gender, and this sometimes happens. More times than not though, hikers pair up with the opposite sex, so as to maximum the 'benefits' of a hiking partner.

And I agree with the comment about women on the trail being just like women everywhere. Actually people on the trail are like people everywhere. men are the hunters/providers, women are the gatherers/housekeepers. For this reason, you see the hiker women are looking for strong men to be able to carry as many of the luxuries as possible. Hiking men are looking for the cute ones that are good cooks.

And, just as with the real world, the women generally win out when the selection process is complete. It is about supply and demand. With 3-4 men for every woman hiker, the woman can be selective when choosing her hiking partner. Like the old saying goes... If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy. Strong guys willling to carry a pretty woman's gear come a dime a dozen on the trail. And dont think for a moment that single women on the trail arent aware of that very fact.

You CANNOT be serious. You should have stopped after the third paragraph. The rest is bull.

Frosty
07-17-2009, 01:08
Actually people on the trail are like people everywhere. men are the hunters/providers, women are the gatherers/housekeepers. For this reason, you see the hiker women are looking for strong men to be able to carry as many of the luxuries as possible. Hiking men are looking for the cute ones that are good cooks.I'm hoping this is simply an attempt at humor that doesn't work. Otherwise, we're looking at 60+ years of social progress down the drain.

spencerb
07-17-2009, 01:15
It's very strange when you are typically a not cute, quite average girl and are hiking the trail. You become very cute as the one young female amongst many males.
It can be a good thing or a bad thing, but mostly obnoxious when you are just trying to hike your hike.

Ox97GaMe
07-17-2009, 02:41
Well, I see I have ruffled some henfeathers.
I just call it like I see it. If you were single and didnt partner up on your hike, then most of this my discussions wouldnt apply directly to you, but if you were out hiking, you probably observed similar situations that I describe.

It would be interesting to see if there are stats of number of single female thru hikers that are not/ had not been partnered by the time they got to Harpers Ferry. I dont think they have that question on the hiker form.

I dont see many (if any) of the females in a co-ed partnership carrying the heavier pack. Seldom does the man's pack weight drop significantly as a result of the partnership. I dont see many of the females setting up camp or getting the water. For the guy to commit to do all this, they generally expect something in return. This typically corelates to affectionate activities and/or cooking. If the woman isnt a good cook, and/or the man also picks up this task, then the partnership (at least from the man's perspective) is probably ALL about the sex.

What other hiking related activities are there that the woman is bringing to the partnership. If she isnt bringing something to the table, then what incentive does the man have for forming/continuing the partnership? Maybe what she brings are the 'in town' activities. Maybe she goes to the grocery and the laundrymat. Perhaps there is some financial benefit for the man? But wait.. I cant say either of those without ruffling some folks either, can I?

I guess it could be possible that the man does all this in return for a platonic relationship, but I dont think that could be stated as the norm. Even in 'the real world' that scenario wouldnt be the norm.

Since I dont discuss the intimate details of partnership arrangements with hikers, it is possible that I am missing something, but this is what I have observed. I dont believe Im the only one that observes this type of behavior.

I know, there are always examples that can be given to disprove any single statement listed above. I can think of examples where short term platonic hiking partnerships have been established. I cant recall off the top of my head hearing about any long term co-ed partnerships that fall in that category.

fiddlehead
07-17-2009, 03:13
It's very strange when you are typically a not cute, quite average girl and are hiking the trail. You become very cute as the one young female amongst many males.

Saw this on poemhunter.com:
by Richard Brautigan
she tries to get things
out of men
that she can't get
because she's not
15% prettier

Maddog
07-17-2009, 03:15
[quote=Johnny Swank;867973]So, what's your position on AT lovin'?

Preferably "Doggy!" :D W-W i'm going to have to agree World-Wide on this one! woof! woof!:banana

Lone Wolf
07-17-2009, 06:19
You CANNOT be serious. You should have stopped after the third paragraph. The rest is bull.

i was thinkin' the same :D

Hoop Time
07-17-2009, 06:49
I just call it like I see it. If you were single and didnt partner up on your hike, then most of this my discussions wouldnt apply directly to you, but if you were out hiking, you probably observed similar situations that I describe.

As the old saying goes: First stop digging.

It would be interesting to see if there are stats of number of single female thru hikers that are not/ had not been partnered by the time they got to Harpers Ferry. I dont think they have that question on the hiker form.That would be an interesting question. So to would be a question about the number of men who have partnered sexually and the number of women who have (leave the sheep out of it, though, please.) My guess would be the numbers would be pretty much similar to what they would be off the trail.

I dont see many (if any) of the females in a co-ed partnership carrying the heavier pack. Seldom does the man's pack weight drop significantly as a result of the partnership. I dont see many of the females setting up camp or getting the water. For the guy to commit to do all this, they generally expect something in return. That might be because the woman started with a lighter pack. Maybe they are smarter than us, or just lack the gadget/pack rat gene. As for sharing the camp work, that probably echoes what happens off the trail, too. Guys tend to go all out to woo women they are interested in. But that doesn't make it all about sex. The guy could just have an old-fashioned sense of being a gentleman. But I bet if you checked on couples who were together when they hit the trail, you'd find them sharing the chores pretty evenly.

This typically corelates to affectionate activities and/or cooking. If the woman isnt a good cook, and/or the man also picks up this task, then the partnership (at least from the man's perspective) is probably ALL about the sex. You'd have to whip up some pretty mean Ramen noodles and mashed potatoes for this to be the case.

What other hiking related activities are there that the woman is bringing to the partnership. If she isnt bringing something to the table, then what incentive does the man have for forming/continuing the partnership? Maybe what she brings are the 'in town' activities. Maybe she goes to the grocery and the laundrymat. Perhaps there is some financial benefit for the man? But wait.. I cant say either of those without ruffling some folks either, can I?

I guess it could be possible that the man does all this in return for a platonic relationship, but I dont think that could be stated as the norm. Even in 'the real world' that scenario wouldnt be the norm.

You don't have many female friends, do you?

Since I dont discuss the intimate details of partnership arrangements with hikers, it is possible that I am missing something

Gee, ya think?

kanga
07-17-2009, 07:22

all that time on the trail to contemplate life and this is the **** you come up with..

kanga
07-17-2009, 07:25

It would be interesting to see if there are stats of number of single female thru hikers that are not/ had not been partnered by the time they got to Harpers Ferry. I dont think they have that question on the hiker form.

I dont see many (if any) of the females in a co-ed partnership carrying the heavier pack. Seldom does the man's pack weight drop significantly as a result of the partnership. I dont see many of the females setting up camp or getting the water. For the guy to commit to do all this, they generally expect something in return. This typically corelates to affectionate activities and/or cooking. If the woman isnt a good cook, and/or the man also picks up this task, then the partnership (at least from the man's perspective) is probably ALL about the sex.

Since I dont discuss the intimate details of partnership arrangements with hikers, it is possible that I am missing something, but this is what I have observed. I dont believe Im the only one that observes this type of behavior.

I know, there are always examples that can be given to disprove any single statement listed above. I can think of examples where short term platonic hiking partnerships have been established. I cant recall off the top of my head hearing about any long term co-ed partnerships that fall in that category.
you're habitually single, aren't you?

Lone Wolf
07-17-2009, 07:28
all that time on the trail to contemplate life and this is the **** you come up with..

you're habitually single, aren't you?

rhp in the house! :D

MintakaCat
07-17-2009, 07:48

That has got to be THE most barzaar post I have ever read on here, LOL!!

MOWGLI
07-17-2009, 08:02
Here's Jackson Browne singing about the most common type of sex on the trail;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbpL0BTBJPs

Darwin again
07-17-2009, 09:16
Saw this on poemhunter.com:
by Richard Brautigan
she tries to get things
out of men
that she can't get
because she's not
15% prettier

Brautigan committed suicide.
(Nobody will ever know if a woman drove him to it.)

Blue Jay
07-17-2009, 10:25

I dont see many (if any) of the females in a co-ed partnership carrying the heavier pack. Seldom does the man's pack weight drop significantly as a result of the partnership. I dont see many of the females setting up camp or getting the water.....Since I dont discuss the intimate details of partnership arrangements with hikers, it is possible that I am missing something, but this is what I have observed. I dont believe Im the only one that observes this type of behavior.

I was sure you were kidding and am in shock that you were not.
Clearly you have also ruffled some rooster feathers also. I'm well above Harpers Ferry and I see plenty single female thrus this time of the year every single year. Why on earth (again I know this is not your planet) would a female in or out of a partnership carry more weight than a male since even someone as backward as you must know they weigh less. Also why would a male's pack weight drop for any reason as a result of a partnership???? Yes it is possible you are missing something as you clearly have never met a human female let alone talked to one. I'd be willing to bet even other males from your planet have not made your "observations".

MOWGLI
07-17-2009, 10:26
Here's Jackson Browne singing about the most common type of sex on the trail;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbpL0BTBJPs

And when the morning light comes streaming in, I get up and do it again.

kyhipo
07-17-2009, 10:40
:sunwell I really enjoyed PA with lilhipo

Buzz_Lightfoot
07-17-2009, 11:07
I have to laugh. It is truely amazing how stupid sex makes people. It is a wonder that we ever have children at all. Madness. Sex drive is a form of madness!

Bearpaw
07-17-2009, 11:14
Sex drive is a form of madness!

And what a glorious madness it is! ;):banana

ike1985
07-17-2009, 11:19
I think its fine if u both are'nt nasty people, and wash your dirty places often! :banana

CowHead
07-17-2009, 12:12
From words of wisdom of Sir John Lennon (why Don't we do it in the road) or in this case trail. Wife and I on numerous occassion dance-by-the-light-of-the-moon and yes I carry the heavy stuff and she handles the light

Reid
07-17-2009, 12:14
Seems like girls would be getting UTI's.

Buzz_Lightfoot
07-17-2009, 14:45
And what a glorious madness it is! ;):banana

LoL, I could have dealt with a lot less of it in my life.. hah

wrongway_08
07-17-2009, 16:50

Only the dirty ones..... ..... ....

Jim Adams
07-18-2009, 00:38
Don't understand all of the negative responses. There is alot of sex on the AT. Just because it doesn't happen much in shelters doesn't mean it isn't happening.

geek

Red Beard
07-18-2009, 09:29

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Pretty much everything there would tend to agree with Steve Moxon's latest peer reviewed book on the differences between the sexes.

The Scribe
07-18-2009, 09:49
See there was a big misunderstanding with Gov Sanford......they thought he said he was going to the "Appalachian Trail....when in reality he said he was going to get some "Argintena Tail"....just all a big misunderstanding thats all!!

Was probably the accent. Southerners talk funny. :D:D

wrongway_08
07-18-2009, 10:00
Hmmm, I never saw a guy carry a womens pack for her, unless hurt.

Dont know about the other guys here but if your heading to the woods to find a woman - a guy doesnt look for an outdoor lady who cant hold her own and carry her gear. There is not alot sexy about a girl who cant hold her own - in the woods or in the "real" world.

Of course, if your looking for a quick tap-n-go, these kind of woman work well for that. They require the smallest amount of effort (and that translates into more hiking energy for the next day) to get your rocks off.

I am sure the ladies here have the same kind of outlook on some of the guys. So what do you ladies look for in a "tap-n-go" guy?

The Scribe
07-18-2009, 10:03
And when the morning light comes streaming in, I get up and do it again.

Honey you shake and Ill rattle and well roll on down the line
And see if we cant get in touch (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/jackson+browne/red+neck+friend_20068521.html#) with a very close friend (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/jackson+browne/red+neck+friend_20068521.html#) of mine
But let me clue you in, it aint like him
To argue or pretend--
Honey let me introduce you to my redneck friend

The Scribe
07-18-2009, 10:07
Sorry, darn embedded links:

And see if we cant get in touch with a very close friend of mine
To argue or pretend--

Jester2000
07-18-2009, 17:44

I know of at least one platonic coed couple that hiked the entire PCT last year, and I had a female hiking partner for the first 700 or so miles with whom I not only never had sex, but never planned to. And since I think I know what your response to that would be, she's actually pretty hot. I think it's interesting that to you a coed hiking partnership has to be transactional in a practical way that doesn't seem to be the case when men hike together. Do you feel this way about same-sex partnerships? Does your male hiking partner have to be a good cook or do your laundry, and if they don't are they not worth hiking with? Do you not enjoy the company of women if they aren't willing to do your laundry or cook or have sex with you?

Is it possible that there are women out there who might want to have sex with a male hiker not because the male hiker can lift heavy things for them, but because they actually enjoy having sex with that person?

. . . it is possible that I am missing something . . .

I think it's beyond just possible.

Jonnycat
07-18-2009, 17:54
I'm hoping this is simply an attempt at humor that doesn't work. Otherwise, we're looking at 60+ years of social progress down the drain.

60 years of "social progress" is not sufficient to overcome millions of years of evolution.

Men and women are different. We think differently, we have different body parts (I've looked!), we have different emotional cycles/needs, and we look for different qualities in our mates.

These differences are not bad things, for they are what define us as men and as women. Our differences should be celebrated, not looked down upon in some unnatural desire to meld us into hermaphroditic worms.

Unless you really want to be a hermaphroditic worm, of course, in which case, rock on, man!

As they say in the country with the big tower, "vive le difference!" :D

Belew
07-18-2009, 18:56

Any post that long is always full of ****. Reminds me of weazy talking about tp and dodo.

Belew
07-18-2009, 18:58
the **** stands for sh and it. Just put the 2 together.

Alli
07-18-2009, 23:04
Ox97GaMe, who gets the water and sets up camp for us fragile, useless-for-nothing-but-sex females when we are hiking solo the first half of the trail? According to your "extensive" knowledge, we need men to help us do this. I assume we must be dehydrated all the time and sleep on a dirt bed every night.

Not unless she's a dirty hippy :)

I am sure the ladies here have the same kind of outlook on some of the guys. So what do you ladies look for in a "tap-n-go" guy?

the size of his junk, duh.

Lemni Skate
07-18-2009, 23:32
First of all "Why Don't We Do It in the Road" was a Paul song (people always think John had to have written the naughty ones). You can usually tell who wrote it by who sang it and Paul obviously belted out that one.

Wednesday, October 9, 1968

Paul McCartney invites Ken Townsend to join him in the studio, where the technical engineer did a spot of balance engineering and tape operating while Paul quickly taped the basic track of his short and risque "Why Don't We Do It in the Road." Excepting a drum track played by Ringo as an overdub the next day, this was to be yet another McCartney solo recording for "The Beatles" aka "The White Album."

Second of all, I'm not carrying any woman's stuff just to get laid. If I did I'd be far too tired at the end of the day to do anything.

Thirdly, my wife said I'm not allowed to have sex on the trail with anyone but her.

Fourthly, I hope all the couples I meet on the trail are getting it on, but in general I try not to visualize it, because it usually isn't a pretty sight.

Lemni Skate
07-18-2009, 23:33
Egads! I wasted my two hundredth post on that?

mudhead
07-19-2009, 09:21
Ox97GaMe, who gets the water and sets up camp for us fragile, useless-for-nothing-but-sex females when we are hiking solo the first half of the trail? According to your "extensive" knowledge, we need men to help us do this. I assume we must be dehydrated all the time and sleep on a dirt bed every night.

Not unless she's a dirty hippy :)

the size of his junk, duh.

Crack me up! Rock on my sister!

The Weasel
07-19-2009, 16:36
What is sort of sad here is the assumption - never challenged - that a man and a woman can be friends without either of them wanting, much less expecting, sex with the other. That's not far off from the equally wrong assumption that "men are the providers" and similar twaddle, or that "women carry less weight" and the rest of the drivel.

I've enjoyed hiking with friends, some of whom were women, and with women, some of whom became friends. I'm not interested - and wasn't - in sex with them, because my wife and I love each other deeply. But she has friends who are men, and I have friends who are women. Big deal.

While sometimes, as PG Wodehouse famously said, "nothing propinks like propinquity," I think it's kind of offensive for people to assume that, sooner or later, every woman and every guy - or even a lot of them - on a trail are going to want sex with someone else that they're not married too. Women hike, and carry loads, and can be as friendly (or not) as men. Those who think differently should go down to the Dollar Store and buy a better quality life than the one they are living now. For a buck.

TW

MOWGLI
07-19-2009, 17:21
Sorry, darn embedded links:

And see if we cant get in touch with a very close friend of mine
To argue or pretend--

I was beginning to wonder if there were any Jackson Browne fans here. Thanks Scribe.

Egads
07-19-2009, 18:50

What, why you calling me?

Lone Wolf
07-19-2009, 19:38

i've wasted over 22,000 posts on stupid ****. this is just a giant theme park. put on your mouse ears and get in line. as patterson would say

MOWGLI
07-19-2009, 19:47
i've wasted over 22,000 posts on stupid ****. this is just a giant theme park. put on your mouse ears and get in line. as patterson would say

That is one of the funniest things I have read here in almost 7 years. :p 7 years! :eek: What the hell is wrong with me? :banana

saimyoji
07-19-2009, 19:48

how about this:

http://www.everythingweird.com/images/mickeyboobs_48.jpg

gypsy
07-19-2009, 20:02
umm... the female ureter is a completely different compartment dude.

gypsy
07-19-2009, 20:09
Thanks Jester for your intellegent input.

I know of at least one platonic coed couple that hiked the entire PCT last year, and I had a female hiking partner for the first 700 or so miles with whom I not only never had sex, but never planned to. And since I think I know what your response to that would be, she's actually pretty hot. I think it's interesting that to you a coed hiking partnership has to be transactional in a practical way that doesn't seem to be the case when men hike together. Do you feel this way about same-sex partnerships? Does your male hiking partner have to be a good cook or do your laundry, and if they don't are they not worth hiking with? Do you not enjoy the company of women if they aren't willing to do your laundry or cook or have sex with you?

Is it possible that there are women out there who might want to have sex with a male hiker not because the male hiker can lift heavy things for them, but because they actually enjoy having sex with that person?

I think it's beyond just possible.

Reid
07-19-2009, 20:11
umm... the female ureter is a completely different compartment dude.

Well with all the guys and their squeaky clean **** I'm sure you have nothing to worry about then.

saimyoji
07-19-2009, 20:43
just a quick review

http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/images/05-08-femaleinternalside.jpg

RAT
07-20-2009, 02:01
Female anatomy lessons now on whiteblaze ? Dang this is a theme park and I want some of them mouse ears like saimyoji (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?u=3920) has !

mkmangold
07-20-2009, 09:57
Female anatomy lessons now on whiteblaze ? Dang this is a theme park and I want some of them mouse ears like saimyoji (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?u=3920) has !

Different systems but close enough to cause interactions hence the diagnosis "honeymoon cystitis."

CowHead
07-20-2009, 10:33

Female Anatomy where the heck is that trail? I am so :bananahappy :bananato be marry for 24 years whoo hoo

Jester2000
07-20-2009, 13:24
What is sort of sad here is the assumption - never challenged - that a man and a woman can be friends without either of them wanting, much less expecting, sex with the other. . .

I kind of thought I challenged it. But maybe not.

On the other hand, I have seen an awful lot of hikers cheat on their partners who are at home. These have tended to be boyfriends/girlfriends rather than spouses, but I've noted the very odd "open secret" thing that seems to go on -- all of the hikers know about it, but no one back home does.

Every once in a while someone indiscreetly mentions on trailjournals a trail relationship where at least one of the people is cheating and there's a big hulabaloo.

Rockhound
07-20-2009, 18:19
What happens on the trail stays on the trail.:D

Wags
07-20-2009, 20:33
why wouldn't you 'want' to have sex w/ an attractive member of the opposite sex??? are you gay? if so, that's fine, and your choice

The Weasel
07-20-2009, 22:31
What happens on the trail stays on the trail.:D

Unless you're Governor of a southern state. Then, what happens, stays on CBS News.

why wouldn't you 'want' to have sex w/ an attractive member of the opposite sex??? are you gay? if so, that's fine, and your choice

Why wouldn't I? Because I'm married, that's why. Because I love my wife. That's another reason. And because cheating on someone you are committed to and say that you love is just downright sick. Are those good enough reasons for you? If not, you wouldn't understand.

The Weasel

Dr O
07-20-2009, 22:50

Ezekiel 23:20 :

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

The Bible has all the answers!

saimyoji
07-20-2009, 23:03
If not, you wouldn't understand.

The Weasel

i think the fact that he said what he did is evidence enough that he don't get it......

Rockhound
07-20-2009, 23:07
Included in this thread there should be a pole...er...poll of hikers who have had sex on the trail.

Wags
07-20-2009, 23:12
wanting to have sex and having sex are 2 different things. ohh i get 'get it' saim/weasel

YoungMoose
07-20-2009, 23:13
lmfao how did i know someone would say that

The Weasel
07-20-2009, 23:15
Included in this thread there should be a pole...er...poll of hikers who have had sex on the trail.

Yes, that would be so helpful. Believable, too. Perhaps Bill Bryson could monitor it for accuracy.

Don't you people have lives?

TW

Wags
07-20-2009, 23:16
does it make you feel better about yourself by putting other people down 'the weasel'? maybe you should go have sex w/ your loving wife

The Weasel
07-20-2009, 23:17
wanting to have sex and having sex are 2 different things. ohh i get 'get it' saim/weasel

Wags, no, doesn't sound like you do 'get it'. If you're married, and you want sex with some attractive other woman, you don't belong married. If you don't believe me, go up to your wife and say, "Honey, I love you a lot. I want to have sex with some other attractive woman." Trust me on this: If you don't get it now (and you don't), you'll get it after you say that!:banana

TW

Wags
07-20-2009, 23:22
you don't 'want' to have sex w/ any other women? stop kidding yourself and pretending you're above mankind

saimyoji
07-20-2009, 23:39
you guys are both wrong...."getting it" is only relative dependent on your point of view.

there are people who view sex as a personal thing to be shared with a special person....

there are people who view sex as something to "score as much as possible"

so long as you are up front about it and don't hurt others...get it on!!! let your partner know what you want, ask them what they want.....the best sex is when two people wanting the same thing match up.....that is why you have sex with your wife right weasel?

Tinker
07-21-2009, 00:24
I've got to echo the sentiment that the numbers definitely do not favor the men out there. Don't hit the trail in lieu of a singles bar. In fact, your odds would very likely astronomically increase in a townie bar versus any trail. The hitch is, there's something special - potentially a little magical - about an evening under the stars.

And that is the story of how balds were created.\

Ahhhhhhhhh.......so THAT'S the heat that burned up all the ground cover......interesting........:-?;)

Tinker
07-21-2009, 00:28
That has got to be THE most barzaar post I have ever read on here, LOL!!
Bizarre.......a bazaar is a place where you buy stuff.

Tinker
07-21-2009, 00:39

On the other hand, I have seen an awful lot of hikers cheat on their partners who are at home. These have tended to be boyfriends/girlfriends rather than spouses, but I've noted the very odd "open secret" thing that seems to go on -- all of the hikers know about it, but no one back home does.

Every once in a while someone indiscreetly mentions on trailjournals a trail relationship where at least one of the people is cheating and there's a big hulabaloo.
Happens at work, the library, you name it. Work makes a relationship work, not convenience.
I don't miss being single - not for a moment.
I still like to think that others are still looking for that "One", but I think most of us have been jaded by relationsips that we sort of worked on before we took our toys and went home:(.

Buzz_Lightfoot
07-21-2009, 06:46
Bizarre.......a bazaar is a place where you buy stuff.

No, I think he meant bazaar... he was talking about what people were selling. :) In this thread, most of it is male bovine excrement.

Rockhound
07-21-2009, 08:39
Yes, that would be so helpful. Believable, too. Perhaps Bill Bryson could monitor it for accuracy.

Don't you people have lives?

TW
Yes we do. That's we can laugh at such inane matters rather than getting all in a huff. I suspect you have a lot of repression going on there Weasy. It's OK nobody said you actually had to have sex. Calm down. Were just talking about it.

Tinker
07-21-2009, 08:46
No, I think he meant bazaar... he was talking about what people were selling. :) In this thread, most of it is male bovine excrement.
I hear ya! :D

The Weasel
07-21-2009, 09:38
Yes we do. That's we can laugh at such inane matters rather than getting all in a huff. I suspect you have a lot of repression going on there Weasy. It's OK nobody said you actually had to have sex. Calm down. Were just talking about it.

Gosh, you're sensitive. My, my. Poke a little fun at you, and you get all defensive. I suspect you have a lot of solitude going on there, Puppity. It's OK nobody said you actually get to have sex. Calm down. Were just laughing about you. :D

TW

saimyoji
07-21-2009, 10:05
fwiw....i'm guessing a sack full of doodie would significantly reduce your chances.

Jester2000
07-21-2009, 13:19

I'll answer this, as I hiked last year "w/ an attractive member of the opposite sex" and didn't want to have sex with her.

I wanted a hiking partner. In other words, I wanted a very simple relationship. I wasn't on a thru-hike to meet someone, I wasn't out there to have sex, I wasn't out there to complicate my life. I was out there to hike. I didn't want to attach myself to someone else and have that relationship be what my hike was all about.

I found someone who was a good hiking partner. She happened to be female, and she happened to be attractive (I had never had a female hiking partner before, but I got along well with her and she was tough as nails). Her worth to me didn't have all that much do do with her physical features. I don't expect that everyone will understand my point of view regarding why I hike and what I look for in a hiking partner, but so be it.

I'm straight, by the way.

ShoelessWanderer
07-21-2009, 13:21
but when a woman on the trail wants it, she doesnt have to look very far to get it.

Isn't that case in life, in general? :o

Dr O
07-21-2009, 14:58
fwiw....i'm guessing a sack full of doodie would significantly reduce your chances.

or neon gaiters

The Weasel
07-22-2009, 18:22
***I found someone who was a good hiking partner. She happened to be female, and she happened to be attractive (I had never had a female hiking partner before, but I got along well with her and she was tough as nails). Her worth to me didn't have all that much do do with her physical features. I don't expect that everyone will understand my point of view regarding why I hike and what I look for in a hiking partner, but so be it.

Most people understand your point of view just fine: It's called having friends and treating them with respect and not as objects. FWIW, you have my respect, Jester.

TW

Wags
07-22-2009, 20:08
sure you are jester. my guess is you were too chicken to ask. you and weasel probably find howard stern attrocious

The Weasel
07-22-2009, 21:35
I don't know if Jester is "chicken," but I'll be glad to cluck on demand if that's what you want. Damned right I'm "too chicken to ask" some other woman for sex. I'm terrified of how I'd feel breaking my promises to my wife. I'm scared of how she would feel if she found out that I'd done that. I'm worried by how I might lose a friend if I had a sexual relationship with her. I'm nervous about whether I would get an STD from someone I might not see again. I'm worried that I would lose the respect of people whose opinions about me matter to me.

Yeah, I'm too chicken. I hope Jester is too.

TW

saimyoji
07-22-2009, 21:45
I don't know if Jester is "chicken," but I'll be glad to cluck on demand if that's what you want. Damned right I'm "too chicken to ask" some other woman for sex. I'm terrified of how I'd feel breaking my promises to my wife. I'm scared of how she would feel if she found out that I'd done that. I'm worried by how I might lose a friend if I had a sexual relationship with her. I'm nervous about whether I would get an STD from someone I might not see again. I'm worried that I would lose the respect of people whose opinions about me matter to me.

Yeah, I'm too chicken. I hope Jester is too.

TW

chicken....try loser. you just admitted to wanting to boff other babes, dissing your wife. you shoulda just said something like "my wife satisfies all my wonton desires and leaves me begging for more; i can't even think about being with another woman."

terrified, worried, nervous don't describe the feelings of a man in a stable, loving relationship with a woman they adore.

all you've done is state that you wish you had the balls to have an affair. if you really want to have an affair, just admit it. relationships go wrong all the time. but what you're saying is hypocritical.

(you know i'm mostly just messing with you) :p

Wags
07-22-2009, 22:38
you had the balls to have an affair. :p

the most true statement that people will never admit to

saimyoji
07-22-2009, 23:16
the most true statement that people will never admit to

you misquote and quote out of context. i do not condone married people having an affair.

apparently you do. good luck with that. :rolleyes:

The Weasel
07-23-2009, 00:20
Saim --

I know you're messing with me...mostly. But nope, I'm just not interested in someone else. If people want to call me a 'chicken' or 'loser' for that, fine. It's wrong, and I'm glad you agree with me on that. As for my wife, well, I try to honor her because of what she does for me. Beyond that, I don't talk about things that aren't other people's business.

TW

Heater
07-23-2009, 00:51
If people want to call me a 'chicken' or 'loser' for that, fine.

Weasy, you are a Chicken and a Loser.

:cool:

Lone Wolf
07-23-2009, 06:29
my wife satisfies all my wonton desires and leaves me begging for more

this chinese joint near me satisfies all my wonton desires.

saimyoji
07-23-2009, 07:02

cat or dog?

Lone Wolf
07-23-2009, 07:05
cat or dog?

huh? soup idiot

mudhead
07-23-2009, 07:45
Means cat or dog in the wonton soup.

Never eat at a chinese buffet with a dumpster in a dark alley.

saimyoji
07-23-2009, 07:52
huh? soup idiot

inside the wonton is meat (and other stuff)....

you can get the wontons without the soup.....

:rolleyes:

kanga
07-23-2009, 08:22
huh? soup idiot
no soup for you!

Jester2000
07-23-2009, 11:23
sure you are jester. my guess is you were too chicken to ask. you and weasel probably find howard stern attrocious

Hey, feel free to guess away. Everyone is entitled to their completely uninformed opinion.

Wags
07-24-2009, 16:22
cat or dog?

don't condone the affairs but condone racism. good stuff. or was that quoted out of context too?

and i'm pretty sure i did david :D

Nean
07-24-2009, 16:34
Hey, feel free to guess away. Everyone is entitled to their completely uninformed opinion.

As my Dad has been known to say, Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion!:D You out PCed him - w/o surprise.:)

Red Beard
07-24-2009, 18:23
Means cat or dog in the wonton soup.

Never eat at a chinese buffet with a dumpster in a dark alley.

... or one near a dog pound. :eek:

The Weasel
07-24-2009, 19:00
... or one near a dog pound. :eek:

We just enjoyed dinner last night at a Chinese Restaurant in Laguna Niguel, CA, that is next door to a Veterinary Clinic whose DVM is Chinese.

The food was excellent. But then, we made sure it was vegetables, only. :-?

TW

Red Beard
07-24-2009, 19:33
We just enjoyed dinner last night at a Chinese Restaurant in Laguna Niguel, CA, that is next door to a Veterinary Clinic whose DVM is Chinese.

The food was excellent. But then, we made sure it was vegetables, only. :-?

TW

I think you made the right move.

saimyoji
07-24-2009, 20:27
don't condone the affairs but condone racism. good stuff. or was that quoted out of context too?

and i'm pretty sure i did david :D

racism? you are confusing stereotyping. its all good because i'm chinese.... :)

Wags
07-24-2009, 22:50
if you say so

Reid
07-24-2009, 22:59
http://www2.fundeposit.com/That%20wasn%27t%20chicken%20-%20fortune%20cookie.jpg

Nearly Normal
07-25-2009, 03:26

"It's a cold bowl of chili,
when love lets you down."

Heater
07-25-2009, 04:20
http://www2.fundeposit.com/That%20wasn%27t%20chicken%20-%20fortune%20cookie.jpg

Thank you for you input. :-?

saimyoji
07-25-2009, 23:06

fit for a wolf i'd imagine. :sun

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=35549

rocketsocks
07-09-2014, 12:18
"It's a cold bowl of chili,
when love lets you down."
Oh he'll yes, nothin worse than a cold bowl of red!

billnchristy
05-25-2015, 11:49
That's funny, I think. Either way you'd be a good hiking companion.

TNhiker
05-25-2015, 14:59
Give me a break, when was the last time anyone saw a hot guy hiking the trail?:rolleyes:

that is true, since i havent been on the trail in a couple of weeks...............

BillyGr
05-25-2015, 15:09
Give me a break, when was the last time anyone saw a hot guy hiking the trail?:rolleyes:

The last time it was over 90 degrees? ;) I think most of the hikers would be hot then.