PDA

View Full Version : TEVAs

flyefysch
07-12-2004, 15:27
I have had a pair of TEVA sandals for a few years now and really like them. The only complaint I have is that after I wear them for a little while, they REEK!!! Anyone had any experience taking the stank out of TEVAs? Is there any magic trick out there that I'm missing, or is my body chemistry destined to be anti-TEVA? It's not so much a problem when I'm hiking as when I'm just wearing them casually to a friend's house or something.

Thanks for any help,

Flyefysch

eyahiker
07-12-2004, 23:41
It's not you. They ALL reek, even the ones sold with the anti-bacterial film, which wears off in a short time.

It's just rubber meets stinky feet, keep them tied up at night by your tent or they may walk off by themselves!

Teva's are great, headquartered in Flagstaff AZ I believe, but MADE by poor people in thailand I think ( or one of those countries.) NOT in the USA.

Connie
07-13-2004, 00:11
I have used 1/2 oz. bright yellow little plastic containers of "Sink the Stink": it makes a lot of the solution.

I got this at a dive shop, because I had purchased 4-way stretch neoprene product for kayaking. I didn't want it to stink. I found help at a dive shop.

This is effective stuff. Here is a link to the manufacturer:

http://www.soytek.com/sts/

Icicle
07-13-2004, 07:50
I have the same trouble! A friend of mine suggests using a bit of Tea Tree Oil on your feet. I haven't tried it yet but am going out to get the oil in the next few days!! Of course it's still to iffy weather-wise here in the UK to wear sandals all day!

tlbj6142
07-13-2004, 09:52
I just throw my Chacos in the laundry every couple of weeks as suggested. They come out looking (and smelling) brand new.

I would think Tevas ought to be able to hold up to a good washing.