PDA

View Full Version : Hitching to Trail Days 2010 from up the trail?

ShelterLeopard
07-16-2009, 12:36
Hey- I'm planning a 2010 NoBo, starting mid February, so by the time Trail Days rolls around I should be leaving Harpers Ferry. Would I be able to get to Trail Days from that area? I'm not sure I want to go to Trail Days, but the big thing I'd hate is being caught in the crowd of hikers on the trail after TrailDays (and since I'd get a ride back up to HArpers Ferry afterwards, that wouldn't be a problem anymore). It seems like Trail Days is just one of those things you have to do. Am I right? And is there any way to get there and back from Harpers Ferry?

Blissful
07-16-2009, 14:17
It's fun to be able to see your hiking buddies for the year, but you certainly don't have to go and many don't. Be it said, there are some that come from up north that would likely be able to pick you up. Stay tuned during your hike and post when the time is closer.

joelrash
07-19-2009, 17:43
The amount of hiker-trash driving to Trail Days from every direction is amazing. I have no doubt that you'll be able to get in from any point on the trail.

trailangelmary
07-19-2009, 18:26
When the time rolls around contact me through pm. I go from Duncannon, PA and am each year looking for hikers to come with me and help with gas

ShelterLeopard
07-19-2009, 22:30
Awesome, thanks!